Lead on your campus!
Student Ambassadors are accounting students who volunteer to be the "face" of FICPA at their campus. Serving in this role will expand their networking opportunities through interaction with faculty, peers throughout the state, and CPAs who are members of FICPA. Their primary focus is to promote the CPA profession and provide information about the benefits of becoming a member of the FICPA to students and educators.
- Interact with a member of FICPA leadership
- Network with Student Ambassador peers in regular meetings
- Recognition on FICPA website and digital channels
- Develop leadership, organization, and planning skills in supportive environment
- Develop communication and soft skills through public speaking
- Receive training and support on program tasks
- Attend at least two events (student fairs, meet-ups, etc.) within the Fall or Spring semester, promoting the event and presenting about FICPA member benefits with FICPA staff and/or members.
- Actively promote FICPA networking events through personal social media engagement.
- Distribute membership materials to prospects throughout the academic year.
- Establish a relationship with BAP, Accounting Clubs or accounting clubs alike to coordinate a meeting to present.
- Ongoing support communication with FICPA staff that include a description and evaluation of activities/efforts
- Help identify and secure your ambassador successor.
- Share and retweet FICPA student member programs and opportunities (conference, specialty symposia, certification review courses, student and provider resources, advocacy, etc.)
- Participate in one FICPA virtual/in-person event and FICPA leadership program during the year.
- Based on location – assist staff during conferences and events, if available.
For more questions on this position, please email Monica Davila at firstname.lastname@example.org