In the latest edition of his Federal Tax Update, Ed Zollars dives into the news and notes you need to know. This week:
- The IRS and Malta look to shut down promoted tax shelter
- Lenders instructed not to issue Forms 1099C on discharges of student loans
- §469 rental definition does not apply to self-employment income rules
- IRS to issue letters on advance child tax credit and third economic impact payment
- Hurricane Ida relief extended to February 15
Click on the player below to listen to the show.