To advise in the development of a 3-year plan to develop program and services, and champion the efforts to strengthen awareness of diversity and inclusion to members of the Florida Institute of CPAs and increase diversity, equity and inclusion in the accounting profession.
Commitment Level: Meet virtually or in-person 2 – 3 times a year
- Review and edit, if necessary, the FICPA Diversity + Inclusion statement
- Participation in Diversity Advisory Task Force meetings and various diversity events is expected.
- The Task Force is expected to meet in-person or virtually approximately three times a year.
- Assist in planning programs to guide and support the Institute regarding ways to increase the awareness of the importance of diversity and inclusion in the accounting profession.
- Identify partnerships and assist in the development of programs with employers, minority accounting associations, academic institutions, AICPA, and state CPA societies.
- Monitor and provide input regarding the Institute’s current and future pipeline and diversity initiatives.
- Evaluate the feasibility and interest in the development of goals and content of a Diversity Summit. If necessary, support the program through promotion within your network, sponsorship referrals, volunteering onsite, actively participating in the sessions, etc.
- Assist in creating Diversity and Inclusion resources for ficpa.org website.
Review Central Florida market for FICPA headquarters relocation in Central Florida.
Commitment level: In person site-visits to various properties as needed. Review documents in advance of site-visits.
- Identify and secure space for permanent FICPA headquarters in Central Florida