FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Diane Major
Phone: (480) 426-2583
Tallahassee, FL – August 15, 2019
Technology, transition, and transformation highlight the Florida Institute of CPAs’ (FICPA) 2019 Accounting Show Next Era - the association’s largest and longest-running educational conference for CPAs in the state. The premier event, set for September 25-27, 2019 at the Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, brings together more than 500 Florida CPAs from around the state and vendors that offer real-world business solutions.
“Never has the accounting profession seen such rapid change,” said Deborah Curry, CPA, CGMA, FICPA President and CEO. “Our members are being bombarded with new technology, new concepts and ways of doing business. It’s our role, as their professional society, to provide the education they need to survive and thrive in this changing landscape.”
More than 40 thought-leaders will be sharing their insights while offering attendees the opportunity to earn up to 21 hours of CPE credit.
The two-and-a-half day event features dynamic keynote presentations and 50+ sessions on a variety of cutting-edge topics including:
- Keynote: Jody Padar, CPA, MST, CEO/President/New Vision CPA Group, and author of The Radical CPA Guide and The Radical CPA: New Rules for Future-Ready Firms speaking on How to Bill a Million Dollars per FTE (Full-Time Equivalent) Using Technology
- Keynote: Chuck Bauer, business coach and author of Sales Mastery: The Sales Book Your Competition Doesn’t Want You to Read speaking on The Wasted Work Day and The Deadline Dance
- Data Analytics and the Impact on the Accounting Profession
- Apps, Websites & Software Tools for Small Business Accounting
- The Human Aspects of Cybersecurity: Cautionary Tales to Mitigate Risk
- The Top 5 Scams of 2019
- Wayfair Year 2: How Are We Going to Do It?
- TCJA International Issues
- The Emerging Role of the CFO
- Destination Success! Building a Winning Consulting Firm
- 50+ great sessions designed to pique the interest, develop the talent, and provide the tools needed to be successful – Now and in the Future
Attendees may participate in-person or via livestream. To view the full agenda, and session details, please visit www.ficpa.org/AS. For further information, contact Diane Major, Manager of Curriculum Development, FICPA, 480-426-2583.
The Florida Institute of CPAs has more than 19,500 members, and is one of the largest CPA associations in the United States. The FICPA exists to connect and lead Florida’s CPAs and all accounting and finance professionals. We provide valuable learning programs, a diverse network of local chapters, and meaningful advocacy on behalf of the profession.