Each month, we'll be highlighting our FICPA members' latest and greatest career achievements.
If you have good news you'd like to share about yourself or your firm's employees, and would like to be included in a future edition of CPAs in the Spotlight, please email email@example.com.
Here are the CPAs in the Spotlight from January:
Barbara B. Strasdas
Congratulations to Barbara B. Strasdas, who is currently serving as the District 47 Director of Toastmasters International.
She directly administers and oversees the day-to-day operations, finances and human resources of the district, which includes Southeast Florida and the Bahamas. Barbara is now in her 21st year as a toastmaster, having served in a variety of volunteer roles.
Barbara has been a licensed CPA for 34 years and is now retired following a career in private industry.
She served on the FICPA's Women's Leadership Committee for seven years, chairing the committee twice.
Caler, Donten, Levine, Cohen, Porter & Veil
The CPA firm of Caler, Donten, Levine, Cohen, Porter & Veil, P.A. (CDL) is pleased to announce that Edson Gordon received his CPA license on Dec. 30, 2020.
Edson graduated from the University of the West Indies in Montego Bay, Jamaica in 2008 and Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton in 2018. He joined CDL in March 2020.
He primarily works on reconciliations of brokerage accounts, quarterly reports and other special projects as a bookkeeper in the CDL Family Office department. He is a member of the AICPA and the FICPA.
Carr, Riggs & Ingram
Ben Kincaid, Thomas Lind, Laura Ranger, Adria Deren, Amy Miller, Theresa Myers, Dan Shuey
Top 25 CPA and advisory firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC (CRI) has named seven new partners in Florida.
- Destin: Ben Kincaid, CPA, CFE, CFF, CVA, has over eight years of experience in providing forensic accounting, litigation support, and business valuation services to a myriad of industries.
- Melbourne: Thomas Lind, CPA, CFF, CVA, assists clients with their tax compliance and tax planning needs and provides consulting services in the areas of business valuation, litigation support, and forensic accounting.
- Melbourne: Laura Ranger, CPA, brings more than 30 years of experience assisting clients with outsourced CFO services and complex tax services in New York and Central Florida.
- Northeast Florida: Adria Deren, CPA, possesses expertise in both public accounting and the private sector, managing tax services for different multi-state corporations, pass-through companies, and even individuals.
- Northeast Florida: Amy Miller, CPA, focuses primarily on providing audit and assurance services to her clients, including not-for-profits, local governmental entities, and manufacturing organizations.
- Stuart: Theresa Myers, CPA, specializes in tax, business planning, and consulting. Her industry focus aligns with businesses in sectors such as construction, manufacturing, real estate, and professional service.
- Tampa Bay: Dan Shuey, CPA, specializes in providing tax compliance, business consulting, and accounting services to both businesses and individuals in the Tampa Bay area.
All seven are members of the FICPA.
Steven Janssen, Molly Boykins, Anthony Fernandez, Rob Gilbride, Tyler Jenney, David Brett
The Tampa Bay office of CBIZ MHM, LLC announced the promotions of six employees.
- Steven Janssen has been promoted to director in the tax department.
- Molly Boykins has been promoted to manager in the tax department.
- Anthony Fernandez has been promoted to manager in the tax department.
- Rob Gilbride has been promoted to senior manager in the audit department.
- Tyler Jenney has been promoted to senior manager in the audit department.
- David Brett has been promoted to manager in the audit department.
All six are members of the FICPA.
"We are proud to recognize each individual’s contributions to our firm’s success with these promotions," said Bill Tapp, senior managing director, CBIZ MHM, Tampa Bay. “I have no doubt they will continue to use their experience and knowledge to better the firm and fellow team members."
Congratulations go out to the entire Tampa Bay office, which recently celebrated its 30th anniversary.
Ellrich, Neal, Smith & Stohlman
Keith E. Gardere
Ellrich, Neal, Smith & Stohlman, P.A. (ENSS), a full-service certified public accounting firm, is expanding into Central Florida with the opening of its new office in Orlando.
The Orlando location is led by FICPA member Keith E. Gardere, CPA/ABV, who joined the firm in January 2007 and is now a shareholder, currently working in the business valuation and litigation service department. Gardere specializes in high-net-worth marital dissolution, fraud examination, economic damage, business valuation and other complex forensic accounting engagements. With the firm’s growth and the additional office in Orlando, more clients will now benefit from Gardere’s expertise and experience.
GLSC & Company
Yinett Medina, Yusmairy Cruz
GLSC & Company, PLLC is pleased to announce the promotion of two of its team members.
Yinett Medina, CPA has been promoted to tax partner. Yinett has worked with the firm for 15 years. She has an interest in specialized tax services such as multi-state, foreign, real estate transactions, and the ever-changing tax code.
Yusmairy Cruz, CPA has been promoted to tax partner. Yusmairy has worked with the firm for 14 years. Yusmairy has always shown initiative in the performance of her duties, going above and beyond what is expected of her, in order to ensure that her clients receive quality customer service.
Both are members of the FICPA.