About The InstructorRichard Klass has 35 years of management consulting, strategic and business planning, community healthcare planning, and market research experience. This experience encompasses every major healthcare setting including hospitals, high technology medical devices, managed care organizations, nursing homes, medical practices, life care/retirement developments, healthcare real estate concerns, and associations. He has also worked in both domestic and international settings.
Mr. Klass’ corporate position history includes:
• 2CY, Inc. and KCI Partners, Inc.: Founder and president.
• Jackson Health System: Sr. Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer.
• Johnson and Johnson: Director, Worldwide Market Research, Cordis Corporation.
• Tecton, Inc.: Sr. Vice President.
• Price Waterhouse: Manager, Physicians Management Services Group.
Other notable achievements include:
• Publishing two textbooks (Strategic Planning in the Real World and the Physician’s Business Manual) and dozens of scholarly articles.
• Receiving appointment as an instructor for Florida State University, Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship.
• Receiving appointment to the faculty of the University of Miami School of Business, Healthcare Management, Man¬aged Care and Capitation Program.
• Serving as president of the American Marketing Association (Miami Chapter).
Mr. Klass earned master and bachelor’s degrees in business administration from the University of Miami.