Free to Students
As an accounting major, you'll be making a lot of important business decisions in the future. Here's a personal
The Florida Institute of CPAs is offering Florida students the opportunity to join as a Student member at no cost to you! Your membership will remain active until your estimated graduation date; at which time you will need to reapply. Our membership year runs July 1 through June 30, and you will be asked to renew each spring.
The Student classification is open to all students who are enrolled in an accredited college or university in Florida. Students remain eligible for this type of membership up to one year after graduation, unless the member becomes eligible for another membership category at that time (for example, if the student went to work for an accounting firm). If you feel you may qualify for a different dues classification, please contact the FICPA for a regular membership application at (800) 342-3197, fax (850) 222-8190, or e-mail email@example.com This classification includes chapter membership, but does not include committee participation or voting rights.
When it comes to career development, employment opportunities, social networking with 18,000 CPAs in 26 local chapters, and getting the latest news about your chosen profession, nothing comes close to an affiliation with the FICPA.
Student membership entitles you to some great benefits to help you get a head start on your accounting career. Becoming a Student/Exam Qualified member gets you:
- Full access to the FICPA website, including members-only areas.
- Substantial discounts on CPA exam preparation materials by leading providers
- Resume-building affiliation with a professional accounting association
- Education funding through scholarships provided by the FICPA Educational Foundation
- Networking opportunities with practicing CPAs, at student events sponsored by local chapters
- Access to the latest news from Florida CPA Today, our award-winning e-magazine and Newsflash, our monthly e-newsletter
- Leadership training for students in the Summer and Fall
- Opportunity to exercise leadership by becoming an FICPA Student Ambassador on your campus
- Access to job and internship opportunities through OneSource – NEW!
It's quick and easy to join one of the largest state CPA organizations in the nation. Just review the qualifications above and fill out the online application for the Student/Exam Qualified classification. We'll do the rest!
See for yourself how becoming a Student Member with the FICPA adds up to a head start on your career!
Contact the FICPA Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.