The Yellow Book: From Beginning to End
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
A comprehensive review of the July 2018 version of the U.S. Government Accountability Office’s Government Auditing Standards, otherwise known as “the Yellow Book.” The standard will affect all auditors who perform audits of government and nonprofit organizations who receive federal funds, or where application of GAO standards is required by law, regulation or contract. It does not address the standards applicable to performance audits.
- To enable staff performing and managers reviewing audits under Government Auditing Standards to understand and apply the GAO standards
- Foundation and principles
- General requirements for complying with Government Auditing Standards
- Ethics, independence and professional judgment
- Competence and continuing professional education
- Quality control and peer review
- Standards for financial audits
- Standards for attestation engagements and reviews of financial statements