The Value of Conflict
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
Poorly handled conflicts can lead to break downs in communication, reduced morale, and higher turnover. However, when managed well, conflict has the potential to bring value to the organization and the team. Conflict is a costly and often mishandled occurrence in the workplace. Successful conflict resolution occurs by listening to and providing opportunities to meet each side’s needs, and adequately addressing their interests so that they are each satisfied with the outcome. In this you will learn the different conflict modes, how to choose the appropriate strategy for your situation, and how relationships impact your ability to promote the positive outcomes and minimize the negative outcomes of conflict.
- Understand the power and potential of conflict in the workplace
- Learn the five conflict handling modes, positional and problem solving strategies
- Choose the best approach to addressing a conflict situation
- Develop techniques to improve conflict communications and relationships
- Adopt strategies to deal with difficult personalities