Using Emotional Intelligence to Communicate Effectively
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
We've all had it happen. You say something, and what you say is misinterpreted and blown out of proportion. We've found ourselves frustrated and angry and discouraged. During this interactive session, we'll identify four main communication preferences to help you simplify interactions in an effective and clear manner. You'll learn more about your own style and the styles of your teammates and the ways these styles clash and complement one another. Finally, and most importantly, we'll discuss things you can do to be more effective across communication styles.
- Identify their primary communication style
- List clues people about their style
- Provide the main communication need based on someone's style
- Identify 3 ways they can be more effective with people of other styles
- The difference between perception and behavior
- The behaviors of different styles
- The communication needs of different styles
- Ways to read other styles and preferences
- Styles under conflict
- Ways to adapt to be more effective with other styles