Surgent's Latest Developments in Government and Nonprofit Accounting and Auditing
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
Overview:This year is indeed another year of significant change in the world of government and nonprofit accounting and auditing. Time is valuable, and it's hard to stay current in today's rapidly changing environment. Let us save you time and effort in staying current through this informative update course. The course materials utilize a highly illustrative and innovative format. Over 30 focused exercises are included to provide an enhanced working knowledge of the latest developments in government and nonprofit accounting and auditing.
- Keep up with the latest developments at the GAO, OMB, AICPA, GASB, and FASB
- Ensure that your accounting and auditing skills stay up-to-date with current requirements
- Be prepared for major changes on the horizon
- Implementing the new Yellow Book
- Developing issues related to performing single audits under the OMB’s Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
- Key AICPA developments affecting audits of governments and nonprofits including SAS No. 134, Auditor Reporting and Amendments, Including Amendments Addressing Disclosures in the Audit of Financial Statements, and SAS No. 135, Omnibus Statement on Auditing Standards--2019
- Recent GASB activities directed towards state and local governments with an emphasis on the implementation of GASB No. 84, Fiduciary Activities and GASB No. 87, Leases
- Prepare for the implementation of the new FASB ASU on grants, contracts and contributions (i.e., ASU No. 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and the Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made)
- Develop a deeper understanding of the effects that ASU No. 2016-02, Leases, will have on nonprofits