The Sub-Recipient Monitoring Toolkit: IAW Uniform Guidance effective Nov. 12, 2020
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
Before the Uniform Guidance (UG) was promulgated, guidance for subrecipient monitoring was only known to auditors in Requirement M of the compliance supplement. Sub-recipient monitoring is a critical requirement for Pass-Through-Entities (PTE) to ensure programmatic and financial compliance with a particular Federal program. The UG has devoted only 2 sections to sub-recipient monitoring. Consequently, it is important that this session provides an abundance of practical experience through best practices to fill in some of the gaps.
- Understanding the difference between sub-awards and contracts.
- Learning the important role of sub-award agreements to ensure compliance with sub-recipients.
- Discovering the myriad of PTE responsibilities.
- Processes to ensure follow up of sub-recipient audit deficiencies with action plans.
- How municipal governmental units can utilize unit cost rates in lieu of cost reimbursable payments.
- Best practices of utilizing a sub-award agreement to limit financial exposure with sub-recipient.
- Best practice of budgetary control over the financial operation of the subrecipient. Performance-based payments to facilitate improved financial monitoring over sub-recipients.
- Risk-based monitoring.
- Revision to the UG impacting sub-recipients and PTEs.