OMB Update - Revised Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200: Including Performance-BasedPayments, Significant Changes to the Procurement
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
The Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) is revised effective November 12, 2020. The Uniform Guidance provides the rules for grants and cooperative agreements funded by the U.S. Government. The revision reflects a foundational shift to focus on enhanced results-oriented accountability for grants and cooperative agreements based on performance. As a part of President’s management agenda, the revision will improve stewardship and ensure the American people receive value for Federal funds spent on various grant programs. This update will provide an example of performance initiates by demonstrating performance-based payments using unit cost rates in lieu of cost reimbursable invoicing.
- Understand the critical updates to the Uniform Guidance
- Obtain a working knowledge of how Performance-Based Payments operate with Unit Cost Rates in Lieu of cost reimbursable invoicing.
- Compare the precise language changes for the various policies and procedures
- Learn the key updates organized by each revised topic
- Ability to take action to enhance an organization’s existing procedures to conform to this important update
- New and revised definitions
- Clarification on the use of time periods
- Emphasis on performance and outcomes
- Performance-Based Payments using unit cost rates in lieu of cost reimbursable invoicing
- New cost principle
- New prohibitions
- New procurement preference and refocus on public policy objectives
- Clarification on sub-recipients with no direct funding
- Relaxing the rule for NICRA to De Minimis rate usage
- The flexibility that no “one-size-fits-all” procurement standards