K2's Testing and Auditing Excel Workbooks
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
Excel errors continue to plague organizations of all sizes – estimates peg the error rate at approximately 90%. As spreadsheets become ever-more common, testing and auditing Excel workbooks becomes more necessary than ever to mitigate the effects these errors could have on virtually every Excel user and those who rely on Excel-based data and analyses. Fortunately, that need not be the case because many options exist to prevent, identify, and correct spreadsheet errors before they adversely affect reports and decision-making processes and in this session you will learn procedures for testing and auditing Excel workbooks.
In this session you will learn how to apply best practices to reduce the error rate in workbooks that you and others on your team create and edit. Equally important, you will learn how to take advantage of add-ins for Excel that can programmatically scan and audit your spreadsheets to identify potentially disastrous errors while there is still time to correct them. You do not want to miss this opportunity to learn how tools such as PerfectXL, ClusterSeven, and ActiveData can help you and your team to identify and correct potentially disastrous spreadsheet errors.
- List common causes of spreadsheet errors and the potential impact of these errors
- Identify best practices to reduce the number of errors in Excel workbooks
- Implement various Excel add-ins to programmatically identify spreadsheet errors
- Causes of spreadsheet errors
- Real-world examples of spreadsheet errors
- Best practices for spreadsheet design
- Tools to assist in identifying and addressing risk factors in Excel spreadsheets