K2's Advanced Excel Data Magic - Managing, Analyzing, and Reporting
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
With tools such as Data Models, Power Query, and Power Pivot, today’s versions of Excel offer unparalleled opportunities to move beyond traditional reporting techniques. If you are interested in how to advance your reporting processes and minimize your dependence on formulas, then this is the one class you cannot afford to miss.
In this session, you will learn about the importance of creating Data Models to facilitate your financial reporting processes and how you can use Power Pivot to assist in summarizing your data quickly and easily into compelling and interactive statements. You will also learn how to use Excel’s Power Query feature to both link and transform data from external data sources – such as your accounting or ERP system – into Excel so that you use this data in your reports.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define the term “Data Model” and identify the steps for creating Data Models in Excel
- Identify the steps necessary to link data from external data sources into Excel using Power Query
- Create transformations in Power Query to facilitate simpler and more timely reporting
- List the key benefits associated with using Power Pivot to manage your Data Models
- Create PivotTables and PivotCharts to summarize your financial data into useful reports and statements