FASB's New Lease Accounting Standard
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
It’s a whole new world for lessees under ASC topic 842. Soon nearly all leases will need to be disclosed as a liability on the balance sheet—from buildings right down to autos and copiers. Although the greatest impact will be on large entities, this will affect the financial statements of small- and mid-sized entities as well. This program will dive into the new standard on leases and address what you need to know now. (Note: FASB has proposed delaying the effective date for private companies.)
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the new financial accounting concepts of leases
- Gain a working knowledge of accounting rules as they relate to leases
- Discuss planning and potential pitfalls
- Review of accounting standard 2016-02
- What is a lease?
- Recognition and measurement of lease assets and liabilities
- Impact on Lessors and Lessees
- Disclosures and transition rules