Exploring the Revised Procurement Standards
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
The Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) is revised effective November 12, 2020. The greatest changes occur to the procurement standards and particularly he methods of procurement. A delineation between the informal and formal procurement processes is the threshold for competition. The ability to increase the Micro Purchase Threshold (MPT) and limitation on the Simplified Acquisition Threshold (SAT) requires a careful look at this OMB update to the Uniform Guidance.
- Understand the critical updates to the Uniform Guidance
- Compare the precise language changes for the various policies and procedures
- Learn the key updates organized by each revised topic
- Ability to take action to enhance an organization’s existing procedures to conform to this important update
- New and revised definitions
- New cost principle
- New prohibitions
- New procurement preferences
- New approach to determining the MPT and SAT based on risk and internal controls
- Defining the “floor” for the monetary level for sole source procurements
- The flexibility that no “one-size-fits-all” procurement standards