Ethics: Protecting the Integrity of Florida CPAs (4980)
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
It is essential for CPAs to have an understanding of the ethical problems and principles that impact their daily interactions with clients, employers, and regulatory authorities. This course reviews the frameworks provided in the Florida Statutes, the Rules of the Florida Board of Accountancy, and the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct that determine the expectations for your behavior as a Florida CPA. In addition to focusing on the application of specific rules and requirements in those frameworks, the course will also examine recent trends in business and professional ethics.
This course is designed for CPAs in all areas of practice and fulfills the biennial ethics requirements for Florida CPAs.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how codes of conduct, professional responsibilities, and core values of the profession issued by various organizations impact the practice of accounting.
- Identify how Florida Statutes 455 and 473 and Florida Administrative Code 61H1 provide guidance for ethical practice.
- Identify how newly revised/ proposed interpretations, rulings, and legislation affect Florida licensees.
- Recognize practice and compliance issues such as independence that affect ethical conduct.
Maria Aoling Chea Thomas, CGMA,CPA
Maria (Mia) Thomas, CPA, CGMA Mia Thomas, CPA, CGMA is the Senior Director of Learning for the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA). She coordinates course curriculum on technical, behavioral, ethics and work/life skills.. Prior to joining the FICPA, Mia provided accounting, tax, consulting and business plan services for closely held businesses, not-for-profit associations...Read more about Maria Aoling Chea Thomas here
The major topics of this course include:
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Business ethics
- Chapters 455 and 473, F.S.
- 61H1 F.A.C.
- Common violations of Florida laws and rules
- Client record retention
- CPE requirements
- Disciplinary actions
- Integrity and objectivity
- Licensure requirements – individuals and firms
- Peer Review Practice mobility
Designed For:This course is designed for CPAs in all areas of practice and fulfills the biennial ethics requirements for Florida CPAs.
FICPA EZMaterials! Paper manuals will not be provided at this session, you’ll need to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device before the event.
For more information feel free to call the FICPA Member Service Center at 800-342-3197 or 850-224-2727.