Ethics: Protecting the Integrity of Florida CPAs (4980)
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
CPAs often face difficult, unusual, and challenging situations when dealing with clients, employers, and regulatory authorities. The objective of this course is to remind you that a framework exists that you can refer to for guidance to determine the expectations for your behavior as a Florida CPA. That framework is based on the Florida Statutes, the Rules of the Florida Board of Accountancy, and the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct. Through interactive dialogue and discussion we will focus on the application of specific rules and requirements within that framework and recent trends in business and professional ethics. This course is especially designed for CPAs working in Industry and fulfills the biennial ethics requirements for Florida CPAs.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how codes of conduct, professional responsibilities, and core values of the profession issued by various organizations impact the practice of accounting
- Identify how Florida Statutes 455 and 473 and Florida Administrative Code 61H1 provide guidance for ethical practice
- Identify how newly revised/ proposed interpretations, rulings, and legislation affect Florida licensees
- Recognize practice and compliance issues such as independence that affect ethical conduct
The major topics of this course include:
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Business ethics
- Chapters 455 and 473, F.S.
- 61H1 F.A.C.
- Common violations of Florida laws and rules
- Client record retention
- CPE requirements
- Disciplinary actions
- Integrity and objectivity
- Licensure requirements – individuals and firms
- Peer Review Practice mobility
This course is designed for CPAs in all areas of practice and fulfills the biennial ethics requirements for Florida CPAs.
Classroom: Boca 5-6
FICPA EZMaterials! The FICPA has gone completely green and paper manuals will no longer be available. You will be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. Click here for more information.