CPE Credit: 2 hours of Accounting & Auditing
NASBA Fields of Study: Auditing, Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Prerequisite: Some familiarity with fraud prevention, deterrence, and detection.
Advance Preparation: None
NOTE: In order to receive CPE credit, the course must be purchased by the individual intending to take it.
Related Courses: None
After viewing this presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the two types of financial fraud.
2. List the components of internal control.
3. List the limitations of internal control.
4. Describe how the three fraud indicators intersect.
5. Describe the three components of a comprehensive antifraud program and provide examples of each.
6. Identify the control weakness and audit approach that could mitigate fraud in real-life examples.