Accounting professionals in public practice, industry, government, and education who deal with nonpublic entities.
About the Author:
Cecil “Pat” Patterson Jr., CPA
Patterson CPA Group, Inc.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Accounting and Auditing
Florida Institute of CPAs
$35.00 members, $45.00 non-members
CPE Credit: 2 Accounting and Auditing
NASBA Field of Study:
Prerequisite: Experience in Accounting and Auditing
Advance Preparation: None
Related Courses: Accounting and Auditing Update for Professionals (Part 2) (AAU2-OL13)
Learning Objectives: After viewing this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Enumerate the latest updates with regard to selected accounting and auditing standards.
- Discuss the difference between an attest function and an assurance function.
- Interpret the latest accounting standards, auditing standards, and compilation and review standards.
Learn about the new 2013 accounting and auditing professional standards and review selected standards from 2012 including:
- FASB Update (Accounting Standards Codification and selected new pronouncements)
- Newly formed Private Company Council update
- IASB and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) status
- Auditing Update (Clarity Project, new SASs released including areas of documentation and plans for the move to International Auditing Standards)
- New audit report for periods ending after 12-15-2012
You will receive 2 emails after registering for this course. One email will contain the receipt for your course purchase, the other from firstname.lastname@example.org providing you with instructions on how to log onto the course.