Health care is a profession under constant change, especially under a new administration. New rules and regulations are introduced with regularity. What can you do to keep pace with this ever-evolving industry? Want to learn the best strategies for guiding your organization and clients? The 2017 FICPA Health Care Conference is for you!
This specialized, 17-hour conference covers implementation of the new standard for not-for-profits, post election concerns, revenue recognition and much more. There is a dedicated A & A track, and a specialized "new to health care/young CPA" track designed to get you up to speed on the things you need to know.
While attending, please visit with our sponsors at the vendor exposition where you'll find the latest products and services to make your job easier.
Reasons to Attend
- Discover the only FICPA conference that highlights accounting health care issues.
- Get out of the trenches—take a break from the day-to-day life to sharpen your skills and work more efficiently.
- Take advantage of this unique opportunity to hear about the changes to healthcare under the new administration from a Florida-impacted perspective.
- Attend a specialized track: 2 specialized tracks are available – A & A and Young CPAs/ new CPAs to the field.
- Hear first-hand from nationally recognized subject-matter experts in the field and discuss practical application of their topics in the field.
- Network with your peers and discuss best practices and ways you can implement other firms strategies in your place of work.
- Invest in yourself – you are only as good as the lowest level of training that you have had – why not learn from the best?
If you want to attend this conference and need a little help convincing your boss, customize the template letter that we’ve drafted and half the work is done for you!
Ethics: Protecting the Integrity of Florida CPAs
We are offering four credit hours of ethics the day prior to the Health Care Industry Conference.
CPAs face many complex and challenging ethical issues. This course addresses the ethical and professional obligations CPAs have to their clients, employers, colleagues, regulators, and to the public. We will discuss recent trends in business and professional ethics along with the specific rules and requirements applicable to CPAs outlined in Florida Statutes, the Rules of the Florida Board of Accountancy, and the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct. The course fulfills the biennial ethics requirement for Florida CPAs and is designed for professionals in public practice and those working in industry or government.
Register for the course.
Watch the Video
The Health Care Industry Conference qualifies for up to 17 CPE credit and is subject to change. CPE credit is subject to approval by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The type of credit earned depends on concurrent breakouts chosen. Please indicate choice of breakouts on the registration form.
Conference reference materials are distributed to registrants electronically in advance of the program. There will not be printed material available on site. This fully searchable PDF includes speaker presentations and is intended for electronic use only.
Follow the FICPA on twitter @ficpa and use #ficpaHCC to tweet this conference.
**Nonmember fee is waived for members of FHA and HFMA for the Health Care Industry Conference only.