CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
Learn about the new 2012 and 2013 compilation and review professional standards, which represent the most significant changes to these standards in over 30 years. Review pertinent, specially selected standards from earlier years.
|Wednesday, November 20, 2013
|8:15am - 4:45pm (Registration at 7:45am )
|Orange County Bar Association, Orlando
|8 Accounting and Auditing
Cecil Patterson Jr., CPA,MBA
|Florida Institute of CPAs
|Accounting, Auditing, and Assurance
Provide the participants with an advanced update of the new compilation and review standards for 2012 and 2013. Also, provide a review of selected revised professional compilation and review standards that still apply from earlier years
- New compilation and review standards for 2013, including SSARS 19, Compilation and Review Engagements, and the Financial Reporting Platform for SMEs from the AICPA
- New releases from the FASB’s Private Company Council and its status
- New issues about the accumulation of Review Evidence
- New issues about the concept of materiality for compilation and review engagement
- New issues in Compilation and Review engagement letters and review representation letters specified in SSARS 15-19
- New issues regarding the preparation of financial statements from the PEEC and the AICPA's applies
- An advanced look at documentation standards will be reviewed for changes required by new compilation and review standards
- Updates on previously issued standards that may still apply and their involvement with SSARS 19
- IASB and International Financial Reporting Standards status as applies to compilation and review engagements
- Further updates that impact compilation and review engagements that include: new Quality Control Standards (SQCS8) and its requirements; status of “Mobility” issues combined with “Substantial Equivalency”; status of Peer Review and related regulatory problems and changes in Florida Statutes and Florida Administrative Code
- Ethics Interpretation 101-3 will be explored for revisions and updates in attest/nonattest applications specifically dealing with compilation and review issues
- Any other matters deemed appropriate and timely
Professionals in public practice, industry, government and education who deal with nonpublic entities
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
$250 FICPA Members, $375 Non-Members
Take advantage of the Early Bird Price - Register more than 10 days before the course date. Early Bird pricing does not apply to Chapter events.