CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
What impact do the higher individual tax rates have on pass-through entities such as partnerships? The purpose of this course is to provide an in-depth discussion of selected advanced-level issues affecting LLCs and LLPs in light of the changes in the income tax.
|Friday, November 08, 2013
|8:15am - 4:15pm (Registration at 7:45am )
|Marshall Student Center, Tampa
|8 Technical Business
|Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC
Participants will be able to identify the tax and non-tax advantages and disadvantages of LLCs and partnerships; describe how inside and outside basis is affected by liabilities, recourse and nonrecourse; discuss the impact of cash and property distributions and explain the tax consequences of a sale of an interest and distinguish them from the tax consequences when a partnership or LLC is acquired or merges into another LLC or partnership
- Single-member limited liability companies as an alternative to subsidiaries
- Cancellation of indebtedness: new rules and regulations
- How the IRS views members or partners for Social Security purposes
- Special problems when forming an LLC
- Debt issues and problems in structuring LLCs and LLPs, including loan guarantee issues, recourse and non-recourse debt and the at-risk basis rules
- Distributions: is it just a disguised sale?
- Death or retirement of a member or partner – Understanding the alternatives
- Step-up in basis issues - How to make the computations and elections
- Property transactions between the LLC/LLP and its members or partners – Inbound and outbound transactions: what to do with built-in gain or loss property
- Partnership losses: when are they deductible?
- New material participation rules for LLC members and limited partners: how it affects passive loss issues
- Continuation and termination of an LLC/partnership in the context of a merger or acquisition
- Sales of an LLC Interest - holding period, and hot asset issues
- Impact of the new tax on investment income on the sale of an interest in a partnership or LLC
CPAs with clients using the LLC or LLP structure who need to understand advanced issues, problems, and planning strategies
A beginning course in LLCs/partnerships; experience with LLC/partnership clients
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
$340 FICPA Members, $465 Non-Members
Take advantage of the Early Bird Price - Register more than 10 days before the course date. Early Bird pricing does not apply to Chapter events.