Sonny Grover is a Sr. Managing Director / Executive Vice President based out of alliantgroup’s New York office. He is a Certified Public Accountant with more than 18 years of experience providing tax, mergers & acquisitions, structuring, and operational consulting to corporations, partnerships, and individual business owners throughout
Previously, Sonny was a Tax Partner at Deloitte & Touche, LLP, where he managed a national consulting practice and a team of 30 professionals in 12 cities.
• Assisted a major U.S. winery in acquiring nearly $4 million in federal and state R&D tax credits over multiple years.
• Annually help a manufacturer and global seller of dock and lift equipment in claiming hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal R&D tax credits.
• Annually work with a developer of complex simulation software in claiming hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal and state R&D tax credits.
• Helped an architecture and engineering firm in claiming more than $1 million in multi-year federal and state R&D tax credits.
• Assist a worldwide architect and designer of resort and hotel properties in claiming federal and state R&D tax credits valued at approximately a half-million dollars each year and in claiming export tax credits of close to a half million dollars.
• Helped a manufacturer of complex machined parts, assemblies, and kits for the aerospace, military, automotive, and semi-conductor industries in claiming more than a million dollars in federal and state R&D tax credits over a multi-year period.
• Worked with a non-profit developer of financial information systems for educational institutions to acquire more than $1 million in federal and state R&D tax credits.
• Annually assist a manufacturer of custom steel window and door frames in claiming R&D tax credits of more than a million dollars over multiple years.
• Acquired more than $1 million in federal and state R&D tax credits for a manufacturer of high- performance automotive exhaust systems.
• California Society of CPAs