Rob has over a decade of experience working with clients in the areas of sales and use taxes, VAT, indirect tax process automation and controls, state income taxes, and documentary stamp taxes. Rob serves as the Grant Thornton International (GTI) Indirect Tax Leader for the Americas Region, coordinating efforts between the Americas Region and Grant Thornton International’s global offices to serve clients on multinational indirect tax projects. Rob is also national leader of Grant Thornton’s refund review/reverse audit practice and a segment of the firm’s national use tax services practice.
Rob has broad-based state tax experience, including corporate income and sales and use tax audit defense and appeals, state tax refund reviews, use tax automation, letter ruling requests, corporate reorganizations and planning, and comprehensive purchase, sales and VAT taxability analyses for large organizations. Rob also works with large organizations in streamlining their sales and use tax function and process. He speaks at both industry and professional association seminars, including the Florida Bar Tax Section Conference, the IPT Symposium, the Institute of Internal Auditors Conference, and the FICPA Mega Conference, and Grant Thornton’s Tax Leadership Conference, among others.
In addition, he has authored multiple articles on state taxation and has served as an expert witness in litigation for sales and use tax matters.
Professional qualifications and memberships
• The Florida Bar Tax Section – Executive Council Member, Sales and Use Tax Section Chairman
• Tampa Metropolitan YMCA, South Tampa Board – Chair
• The Erosion of the Physical Presence Standard for Sales and Use Tax Nexus
• The Other 25% - Florida Proposed Penalty Provisions Update
• Navigating the Florida Department of Revenue’s Proposed Penalty Provisions for Compromise and Settlement of Taxpayer Liability
• State Tax Nexus
• Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor
• Florida State University College of Business, Master of Business Administration
• Florida State University, BS, International Affairs
• Davidson College, BA, History