Kevin is a partner and the Tax Practice Leader for the Grant Thornton Central Florida Practice. He has over 25 years of broad-based state tax experience including tax planning, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 review, FAS 109 tax accounting, mergers and acquisitions, ruling requests, tax controversy and tax compliance. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Kevin’s experience at regional and large international accounting firms has included serving as the tax practice leader, managing director and Florida state tax practice leader, serving as a resource for any technical Florida-based issue. Kevin also previously served as the statewide sales tax and property tax leader. Kevin has deep technical nationwide sales and use tax and Florida property tax experience.
Kevin has served numerous clients ranging from the Fortune 500 to middle market levels and he has strong experience in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, transportation, hospitality and healthcare industry arenas.
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
• Chair of the FICPA’s State Tax Conference
• Chair of the FICPA’s State Tax Committee
• Florida Bar National Multistate Tax Symposium
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Board Member, Junior Achievement, Hillsborough County
• Board Member, United Way Tampa Bay
• University of South Florida Accounting Conference
• Northern Illinois University, BS Accounting
• University of South Florida, Master of Business Administration