Kevin is the National Unclaimed Property Practice Leader, as well as the State and Local Tax Practice Leader for Grant Thornton’s Florida Practice. He has over 27 years of broad-based state tax experience including tax planning, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 review, ASC 740 tax accounting, mergers and acquisitions, ruling requests, tax controversy and tax compliance. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Kevin’s experience at regional and large international accounting firms has included serving as the tax practice leader, managing director and Florida state tax practice leader, serving as a resource for any technical Florida-based issue. Kevin also previously served as the statewide sales tax and property tax leader. Kevin has deep technical nationwide sales and use tax and Florida property tax experience.
Kevin has served numerous clients ranging from the Fortune 500 to middle market levels and has strong experience in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, transportation, hospitality and healthcare industry arenas.
Professional qualifications and memberships
• ACG Tampa Bay Board Member
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Chair, FICPA’s State Tax Section
• Vice Chair, FICPA’s State Tax Conference
• Florida Bar National Multistate Tax Symposium, Advisory Board Member
• United Way Suncoast - Tampa Bay Board
-Suncoast Executive Compensation Committee
-Suncoast Audit Committee
-Suncoast Advancing Strategies Committee
• University of South Florida Accounting Conference, Former Committee Member
• Northern Illinois University, BS Accounting
• University of South Florida, Master of Business Administration