Bill Blend is a Shareholder at MSL and a member of the Firm’s Governmental Practice Group. Bill has over 20 years of public accounting, governmental and not-for-profit experience. He has provided services to numerous municipalities, counties, and other governmental entities.
Bill has extensive experience in auditing the governmental financial operations of municipalities, counties, special districts, and authorities. He also provides consulting services in the areas of internal control assessments, ligation support, fraud remediation, and performance reviews.
He has authored numerous CPE courses on governmental accounting and auditing and has instructed
CPE sponsored by the FGFOA and the FICPA. Bill is one of only a few CPAs in the state qualified by the
FICPA to teach their government ethics class, and he is often sought out as a speaker around the state.
He is a two- time recipient of the FICPA Outstanding Discussion Leader Award. Bill is a Certified Fraud
Examiner and is trained in the use of IDEA data mining software.
Education, Certifications, and Licenses
• B.S. Degree in Accounting, Long Island University
• C.P.A., Certified Public Accountant - Florida
• C.F.E., Certified Fraud Examiner
Affiliations and Community Involvement
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
• Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
• Florida Government Finance Officers Association (FGFOA)
• FGFOA Conference Committee
• FGFOA Technical Committee
• Instructor for the FGFOA and develops and teaches Firm auditing classes
• FICPA Instructor - Ethics for Governmental CPAs in Florida
• FICPA Technical Committee
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
• FICPA State and Local Government Section
• FICPA Compliance Practice Aid Team Member
• FICPA High School Coordinator for Seminole County
• Seminole County Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Committee