Both business and individual clients will be affected by all of the tax changes set to occur in 2013, requiring that the tax advisor practice extensive tax planning. Not only will you be updated on the most important tax issues that require your attention, but this course will also review the major trends and changes in the case and regulatory law. Included is full coverage of all tax changes together with continuing coverage of health care and estate and gift tax reform.
|Monday, November 17, 2014
|8:30am - 4:30pm (Registration at 8:00am )
|Tampa Law Center, Tampa
|8 Technical Business
|Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC
Participants will be able to understand strategies and techniques to use in light of tax rates; understand what pass-through can do in light of health care and tax rates and understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses.
- How the changes in tax rates affect tax planning for individuals and businesses
- New tax on net investment income: planning to avoid the pitfalls
- Retirement plans: the best planning strategy?
- Capital gains: what tax rates apply
- Historic low interest rates - tax strategies clients should consider - how long will they remain low?
- How health care reform impacts income tax planning now and in later years
- Estate planning: current strategies
- Does the gift tax exclusion promote income shifting?
- Travel and entertainment: overlooked and overused?
- Substantiation: the Service's attack on record-keeping
- Other late-breaking tax law changes
- Practice aids, including the 2013 inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates and more
- Recent developments with business entities, including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Review of the year's most important tax cases, revenue rulings, PLRs, etc.
CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice
Experience with individual and business clients
Qualifies for CFP credit
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
Early Bird Price:
$290 FICPA Members, $415 Non-Members
Regular Price on 11/8/2014:
$345 FICPA Members, $470 Non-Members