CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
|Wednesday, August 20, 2014
|11:30AM - 1:30PM (Registration at 11:00AM)
|Webcast or Webinar, Online
|2 Technical Business
Harris L. Bonnette Jr., Esq.
|Florida Institute of CPAs
This presentation provides no nonsense commentary on issues practitioners encounter in IRS audits and how to achieve the best result possible.
Participants are strongly encouraged to print the accompanying 12-page handout to refer to throughout the course.
After viewing this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Describe the various statutes of limitations including the exceptions and why it matters
- Describe why summonses are issued and the implications if you do or do not comply
- Identify several options available in disputed audits including administrative appeals, litigation, mediation, and options if deadlines are missed
- Describe preparer penalties including how the IRS proposes a penalty, how to challenge it, and whether the client is informed
Note this course is being broadcast as a webcast.
Major Topics include:
- Statutes of limitations - the exceptions, and why it matters
- Summonses - why they are issued, whether you must comply, and what happens if you don't
- Options available in disputed audits including administrative appeals - litigation, mediation, and escape hatches when you miss a deadline
- Preparer penalties - how the IRS proposes a penalty, how to challenge it, and whether the client is informed.
Those who prepare tax returns for individuals and small business clients
Some familiarity with the U.S. Tax Code
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
$75 FICPA Members, $85 Non-Members