CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
As income tax rates rise on estates, trusts, and their beneficiaries, consideration of the income tax effects becomes more critical. The purpose of this course is to explain the complicated income tax rules of estates and trusts, fiduciary accounting and how to prepare Form 1041. This practical, over 300-page manual is an excellent reference source for your practice.
|Thursday, November 21, 2013
|8:15am - 4:15pm (Registration at 7:45am )
|Tampa Airport Marriott, Tampa
|8 Technical Business
Michael N. Quigley
|Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC
Participants will be aware of fiduciary accounting principles; calculate Distributable Net Income and the income distribution deduction and prepare Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
- Dividing income in the year of death
- Overview of Subchapter J
- Income tax issues of estates and trusts
- Form preparation issues - Filing requirements and line-by-line explanations of Form 1041
- Taxable income of estates and trusts and expense allocation issues
- Specific deductions and miscellaneous itemized deductions
- Pension plan issues and income in respect of a decedent
- Distributable net income (DNI) and the income distribution deduction
- Calculation of DNI and computation of distribution deduction on Schedule B
- Principal and Income Act of 1997
- Relation of principal and income law to DNI
- Understanding how to handle capital gains and losses
- Tax-planning concerns and special issues
- Allocating tax items to beneficiaries: another K-1
- Comprehensive estate case study
CPAs whose practice includes the preparation of fiduciary income tax returns
A basic course on estates and trusts; preparation of income tax returns
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
Qualifies for CFP credit
$340 FICPA Members, $465 Non-Members
Take advantage of the Early Bird Price - Register more than 10 days before the course date. Early Bird pricing does not apply to Chapter events.