CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
The course will include a review of construction accounting basics and address various problems encountered in the construction industry. The discussion will include updates on current techniques, recent trends and new tax legislation as they pertain to the industry.
|Thursday, May 29, 2014
|8:30am - 4:30pm (Registration at 8:00am )
|Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Lauderdale
|4 Accounting and Auditing
4 Technical Business
Robert A. Davidson, CPA
|DGLF CPAs & Business Advisors
|Accounting, Auditing, and Assurance, Specialized Knowledge, Taxation
Participants will learn how to provide accounting, tax and consulting services for contractors as independent CPAs and as CFO/Controller.
- Overview of construction accounting and tax
- Internal controls designed for the construction industry
- Contract analytical review procedures and benchmarking
- Discussion of required financial statement disclosures
- Percentage of completion method issues and risks
- Recent GAAP and GAAS pronouncements affecting construction
- Review of construction tax methods
- Review of IRS Code Section 460 and related regulations
- Most commonly missed tax strategies and other advanced tax topics
- Recent tax laws impacting taxation of construction contractors
CPAs serving clients in the construction industry as well as CFOs, controllers and accountants who work for construction contractors
Basic construction industry accounting and tax courses, or experience in construction industry accounting
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
$350 FICPA Members, $475 Non-Members