CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
January 29, 2015Dorrell Reappointed To Polk State College Board
- Gov. Rick Scott has reappointed Daniel Dorrell of Lakeland to the board of trustees for Polk State College.
Dorrell, 67, of Lakeland, is a certified public accountant with Cross, Fernandez & Riley.
He was reappointed for a term that began...
January 29, 2015People On The Move: Memorial Healthcare System Expands Its Cardiac And Vascular Institute
- Steven Morrison has been promoted to principal in the audit
department of the public accounting firm Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra LLC in Miami. Morrison is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Florida...
January 27, 2015Kerkering Barberio Welcomes Tax Supervisor
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co. , Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that Kerri Blenker has joined the firm as a Tax Supervisor, with a focus in individual and business taxation. Kerri received her Master’s in Taxation from...
January 27, 2015Melissa Stephens, Jeffrey Phillips and Phil Campbell Promoted
- Shorstein & Shorstein PA is pleased to announce that the firm has promoted CPAs Melissa Stephens, Jeffrey Phillips and Phil Campbell to the position of firm principals. The three new principals have combined experience of over 60 years and have...
January 27, 2015Glenn Gopman Awarded CGMA Designation
- Glenn Gopman Glenn Gopman, Partner of Stroemer & Company, LLC , has been awarded the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation from the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. The CGMA...
January 26, 2015Citrus County's New Administrator Has A Full Plate
- Citrus County has a new administrator at the helm.
Randy Oliver has only been on the job a few weeks, and his plate is already full.
Since Oliver started his new job at the beginning of January, he hasn't had much time to slow down.
January 26, 2015Tonkinson Earns Brokers License
- PORT ORANGE – Carol Sloat and R.E. Tonkinson have earned their Brokers licenses and will be working with Executive Realty Group at brokers/associates. Tonkinson, who is a veteran and was a certified public accountant in Pennsylvania for...
January 26, 2015Quintela Is Featured Speaker
- TAMPA – Women-n-Charge meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on Feb. 6 at Pebble Creek Golf & Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive in Tampa. Featured speakers Rosa Quintela CPA and Shanita D. Jones EA each will speak on "Business and...
January 26, 2015Wiltshire, Whitley, Richardson & English Names New Shareholders
- FORT MYERS – Certified Public Accountants Joseph L. D'Ambrosio and Brad Shipley have been
named shareholders in the Southwest Florida accounting firm Wiltshire, Whitley, Richardson & English P.A. D'Ambrosio joined WWRE in 2003 with five...
January 26, 2015Women Of The Wellington Chamber Gather For Networking Event
- The Women of the Wellington Chamber held a networking event Thursday, Jan. 15 at India Grill + Bar in Royal Palm Beach. The topic was “Protecting Prosperity: Smart Women Making Sound Financial Decisions,” which featured a presentation...
January 26, 2015Sunday Business Notebook: Blackford Opens Branch Office
- Franceska Blackford, a CPA from St. Augustine, opened a branch office in Ponte Vedra at The Overlook.
January 26, 2015Kevin Cash Remains Optimistic After Rays' Moves
- During his first week on the job during the December winter meetings, new Rays manager Kevin Cash was quite pleased with the lineups he was jotting down.
January 26, 2015Daszkal Bolton Promotes Henry Martin
- Henry Martin
Henry Martin has been promoted to Senior Manager in the audit and assurance practice of Daszkal Bolton, a leading accounting and advisory firm in South Florida.
Martin oversees audits for SEC registered, privately-held and...
January 23, 2015Collier County's Guidance Programs For Success Wins $25,000 Award
- Guidance Programs for Success (GPS) is the 2015 winner of the UNITE (Uniting Nonprofits In Teaming for Excellence) Award and the $25,000 cash prize. Established by Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA and supported by the Southwest Florida Community...
January 22, 2015Nam Tai Property Inc. Corporate Update
- The Company's independent auditor, Moore Stephens, has recently reorganized its business structure and incorporated Moore Stephens CPA Limited to continue its audit business from January 1, 2015. Following this reorganization, the Company...
January 22, 2015Miami Beach Commissioner To Run For FL House
- Another Weithorn will again run for District 113 in the Florida House of Representatives.
Miami Beach Commissioner Deede Weithorn has filed to run for the seat her husband Mark Weithorn did not win in 2012, when fellow Democrat David Richardson...
January 22, 2015Jill Andrew Heads List Of Honorees At Riverview Chamber Dinner
- The patriotic-themed evening kicked off Jan. 16 at the Regent with state Rep. Ross Spano, R-Dover, singing the National Anthem and then 2014 chamber president Joe Eletto's opening remarks.
The chamber honored Jill Andrew of Superior Residences...
January 21, 2015Divorce Experts Educate To Minimize Impact
- Divorce is one of life's hardest transitions. But making decisions based on professional expertise may soften its financial and emotional impact.
January 21, 2015$60-million Golf Course Renovations Set To Go
- Plans for a $60-million renovation of the Florida Keys Country Club, formerly known as Sombrero Country Club, at Mile Marker 50, were finalized Monday.
Plans include a makeover of the 18-hole course, a 110-room hotel, a restaurant, townhomes,...
January 21, 2015MBAF Adds Lisa Montejo As Chief Marketing Officer
- Lisa Montejo has joined nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF as Chief Marketing Officer. The announcement was made by Tony Argiz , Chairman and CEO of MBAF. Montejo joins MBAF with more than 20 years of experience developing and...
January 20, 2015The LBA Group Announces Several Promotions
- The LBA Group is pleased to announce promotions within the Audit & Assurance , Retirement Plan Services and Business Accounting Solutions departments: Beth Hohl-Asbury, has been promoted to Plan Consultant with Retirement Plan Services. Beth...
January 20, 2015The LBA Group Announces Shelly Lingor Promoted to Director
- The LBA Group is pleased to announce the promotion of Shelly Lingor to Director, Business Accounting Solutions (Solutions). Shelly joined LBA is 2011 and previously served as the Manager of the Solutions department. She has over 15 years of...
January 19, 2015Local CPA Representing Yoan Moncada, Top Major-league Baseball Free Agent From Cuba
- As the calendar creeps toward April 15, there are questions to be answered, forms to be filled out and regulations to be researched.
And, in between all of those tax concerns, a good CPA still has to find time to return calls from the Yankees,...
January 18, 2015Why I Give: Lana Kupferschmid
- Lana Kupferschmid, mother of two and grandmother of four, relocated to Estero three years ago from New City, N.Y. As a certified public accountant, she has her own tax practice and enjoys playing pickle ball, bike riding and traveling. Diagnosed...
January 18, 2015Alachua County Business Announcements For Week Of Jan. 18, 2015
- The March of Dimes North Central Florida Division announced that it formally introduced Freddie Wehbe, of Gator Domino’s, as its event chair during the March for Babies Executive Lunch, which is the local nonprofit’s first community...