CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
June 30, 2015Sherrill Norman To Be Sworn In As State Auditor General
- Ms. Sherrill Norman will be sworn in as Florida’s new Auditor General on Wednesday, July 1, 2015. The ceremony will begin at 2:00 p.m. in the atrium of the Claude Pepper Building (111 West Madison Street, Tallahassee). A reception will...
June 30, 2015Stroemer & Company Named FASD Associate Member Of The Year
- Stroemer & Company was recently named the Associate Member of the Year at the Florida Association of Special Districts (FASD) annual conference. This award is presented to the company whose continuous support of the Association provides the...
June 29, 2015James Moore Welcomes Rick Feldman
- James Moore, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants (James Moore) is pleased to welcome Rick Feldman to the firm. He will serve as a Senior Consultant in the Accounting and Controllership Services Department.
June 29, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Congratulates Ryan Barnes on Passing the CPA Exam.
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, congratulates Ryan Barnes on passing the CPA exam and becoming a full-time member of THF.
Ryan moved from Miami to...
June 25, 2015Award Named For The Late Sandi Breitenstein, Who Had Been An Employee Of Averett Warmus Durkee (AWD)
- Averett Warmus Durkee (AWD) – accountants specializing in the timeshare resort industry in addition to other businesses – announced that the not-for-profit organization Opportunity, Community, Ability (OCA) presented the first annual...
June 25, 2015Kerkering, Barberio & Co. Named to Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance and AWSCPA 2015 Equity Leadership List
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co. , Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce it was named to the second annual Accounting MOVE Project Equity Leadership List, which recognizes firms with high proportions of women partners and principals. The...
June 24, 2015Ed Duarte Joins Foreign Parts Distributors, Inc.
- Ed Duarte, CPA, CGMA joined Foreign Parts Distributors, Inc. (FPD) to become their Chief Financial Officer. FPD, a worldwide leader in the automotive aftermarket industry since 1972, is committed to providing premium brand quality auto parts at a...
June 24, 2015Eric Peburn Named to “Top Health System CFOs to Know” List
- Pamela Masters, former Clerk of the Court at the Fifth District Court of Appeal, has opened the Daytona Beach office of the Orlando based Shannin Law Firm. Masters, who specializes in mediation and appeals, has more than 25 years of experience in...
June 19, 2015Warren Averett Asset Management Named To 2015 Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers
- Warren Averett Asset Management, LLC is proud to announce that it has been named to the Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers , as of June 18, 2015. The list recognizes top independent RIA firms from across the U.S. View the full...
June 19, 2015Thompson Named 2015 FICPA Woman to Watch
- Susan O’Neal Thompson, principal at CS&L CPA, has been honored with the statewide “Women to Watch” Award, presented by the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. The “Women to Watch” Awards recognize...
June 19, 2015Jud Stryker Named FICPA Outstanding Educator Of The Year
- The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) bestowed its highest honor on Stetson’s own Judson Stryker, D.B.A., on Friday, June 12, at the Dolphin Hotel at DisneyWorld during its annual meeting. This award recognizes...
June 17, 2015Retired CPA Named Plant City Family YMCA's Strong Leader Of Year
- oe Sedita will be honored Aug. 25 as the Plant City Family YMCA’s Strong Leader of the Year.
The retired accountant and financial planner will be presented with the award at a banquet at the John R. Trinkle Center on the Plant City campus...
June 17, 2015Business-interruption Risks Not Just Hurricanes
- In today’s hyper-connected environment, businesses can no longer depend solely on their own staff and operational efficiency to achieve performance goals. Rather, many businesses must rely increasingly on outside suppliers and other...
June 17, 2015RPOF's Second In Command Running For Legislature
- The second highest ranking official in the state Republican Party is hoping to join the top ranking officer in the Florida Legislature next year.
Sarasota Republican Joe Gruters, the vice chairman of the Republican Party of Florida, officially...
June 15, 2015Jack Alexander Of Stroemer & Company Appointed To The State And Local Government FICPA Committee
- Jack Alexander, Audit Manager, has been appointed to the State and Local Government Committee of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) for a third year. This Committee plans and presents the FICPA State & Local Government...
June 15, 2015CNBC Again Names Warren Averett Asset Management A Top Fee-only Wealth Management Firm
- Warren Averett Asset Management, LLC is ranked as one of the Top Fee-Only Wealth Management Firms in the country by CNBC. View the full article here. “We are excited that CNBC has recognized us for the second year in a row,” said Josh...
June 09, 2015McHale Appointed To Exclusive National Commercial Fraud Committee
- Veteran bankruptcy and forensic accounting expert Gerard ‘Jerry’ McHale
has been named to the American Bankruptcy Institute’s (ABI) Commercial Fraud Committee.
McHale, a CPA specializing in bankruptcy, large-scale consumer...
June 08, 2015Richard A. Berkowitz, JD, CPA, Receives Joyce A. Galya Excellence Award
- Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants CEO Richard A. Berkowitz has been honored by the University of Miami Citizens Board with its Joyce A. Galya Excellence Award. He was recognized for his work chairing the Dolphins Cycling Challenge...
June 08, 2015Business Leader Appointed To The Jim Moran Institute's Outreach Fellows Program
- The Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship in the Florida State University College of Business has appointed Allison Harrell, a shareholder with the Tallahassee accounting firm of Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., to its North Florida...
June 04, 2015Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA Delivers Meals On Wheels All Summer
- For the sixth consecutive year, the entire staff of Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA, Certified Public Accountants & Business Consultants will volunteer as Meals on Wheels drivers for the summer.
All 24 employees of the 36-year-old accounting...
June 03, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Welcomes Leigh Jenkins, CPA
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee welcomes Leigh Jenkins, CPA, as the new Assurance Services Department Manager. A native of Gulf Breeze, Florida, Leigh has been...
June 02, 2015Villela & Shilts Announcement
- We’re very excited to announce that we are merging our practices! We have combined our extensive experiences in the areas of domestic & international tax, forensic accounting, litigation support, and advisory services. As of today, June 1,...
June 02, 2015John Stroemer Of Stroemer & Company Appointed To Two FICPA Committees
- The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) is the premier professional organization representing Florida's Certified Public Accountants. Serving on an FICPA Committee is a great way for accounting professionals to network with...
June 02, 2015Trugman Valuation Announcements
- Trugman Valuation is pleased to announce that Linda B. Trugman CPA/ABV, MCBA, ASA, MBA has been elected to serve as International President and that Gary R. Trugman CPA/ABV, MCBA, ASA, MVS has been elected to serve on the Business Valuation...
May 29, 2015DBPR Encourages Accounting Students To Apply For Clay Ford Scholarship
- The Department of Business and Professional Regulation’s (DBPR) Division of Certified Public Accounting and the Florida Institute of CPA (FICPA) are encouraging minority accounting students statewide to apply for this year’s Clay Ford...