CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
September 30, 2014Kerkering Barberio Announces Tampa Office Relocation in Westshore District
- SARASOTA – Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants is pleased to announce that it has recently moved its Tampa office to a new location.The firm has acquired space in Urban Centre at 4830 West Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 600,...
September 30, 2014Super-Regional Accounting Firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI) Acquires Wealth Management Firm Level Four Advisory Services
- Super-regional accounting firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC (CRI) has acquired Level Four Advisory Services (Level Four), a national wealth management firm delivering a comprehensive suite of services including asset management, retirement planning,...
September 30, 2014Warren Averett's Tampa Office Expands Capabilities - Opens A Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting Office
- The Tampa office of Warren Averett, LLC announces the expansion of client services by opening a Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting office in Tampa. The Tampa office will be led by Derek Johnson, the newest Business Development Manager to the...
September 29, 2014Parks & Company, LLC Moves to 6810 Lyons Technology Parkway
- Parks & Company, LLC has moved their offices to 6810 Lyons Technology Parkway, Suite 130 in Coconut
September 29, 2014Business People
- Suzanne Dameron has earned professional certification in public relations, receiving the designation of Certified Public Relations Counselor. She is one of fewer than 90 with the certification in Florida.
Dameron graduated from Eckerd College...
September 26, 2014Hill Offers Financial Investment Advice For United Way Partner Agencies
- Andrew D.W. Hill, President and Co-Founder of Andrew Hill Investment Advisors, spoke at a recent United Way of Collier County bi-monthly Agency Alliance meeting in Naples. Hill discussed the capital markets and potential changes in Federal...
September 26, 2014Patching The Titanic So It Can Get To Port
- Regarding Tuesday’s article about tax fraud and the inability of the IRS to verify W-2 wages (“Tax fraud solution could slow refunds,” front page), there is a temporary, albeit incomplete, fix that could be put into place almost...
September 26, 2014Who, What, Wear: See Who's Been Spotted This Month
- These stylish ladies were photographed at the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Kickoff, at the Ladies Dinner Dance at the Pensacola Yacht Club and other places around town.
September 26, 2014Attaway To Help Altha Town Council With Financial Review
- After being asked – more than once – the longtime CPA and former Calhoun County Clerk of Court has agreed to help the Town of Altha get their finances in order.
September 25, 2014Talamo Earns Certified Senior Advisor Certification
- Kelly Talamo, staff accountant at Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA, Certified Public Accountants & Business Consultants, recently earned her Certified Senior Advisor® certification from the Society of Certified Senior Advisor Certification...
September 25, 2014Barnett School At Florida Southern Launches Institute For Accounting Excellence
- The Barney Barnett School of Business and Free Enterprise at Florida Southern College is pleased to announce the inauguration of the Institute for Accounting Excellence, which will oversee all components of the accounting program in the Barnett...
September 25, 2014Business News
- D. Todd McGee, CPA, CVA of McGee-CPA, PL has been recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a Certifying Acceptance Agent and is authorized to act on behalf of alien individuals and other foreign persons who need to obtain an Individual...
September 25, 2014Cherry Bekaert Expands Its Litigation Support Services Team Capabilities With The Addition Of Steven Wolf
- Providing additional expertise to its robust Advisory Services practice, Cherry Bekaert LLP ("the Firm") is proud to welcome Steven A. Wolf as a Director with the Firm's Litigation Support Services practice. With more than 25 years of experience,...
September 25, 2014Buddy Turman Joins Akins Professional Brokerage
- Buddy Turman, retired FICPA CEO and Honorary FICPA member, joined Akins Professional Brokerage specializing in dispositions, mergers and acquisitions of CPA firms.
September 25, 2014Julio Martinez Joins Hacker, Johnson & Smith PA
- Julio Martinez Hacker, Johnson & Smith PA announces that Julio Martinez has joined the firm as a senior audit manager.
September 24, 2014Helping People Succeed Names Calendar Artists
- Helping People Succeed is pleased to announce 13 noted local artists and a student artist, all to be featured in its popular 2015 Art for Living Calendar.
The artists are listed in the order of the calendar months, January 2015-January 2016:...
September 23, 2014School Board Audit To Include Guard Firm Selection Process
- The Manatee County School District will conduct an audit that will include the contract selection process for a Sarasota company to place armed security guards at elementary schools.
Superintendent Rick Mills said Tuesday night that accountant...
September 23, 2014John Corcoran Joins Alliantgroup's Strategic Advisory Board
- alliantgroup is proud to announce the addition of John Corcoran, Executive Director for the Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association (CICPAC), to the firm's Strategic Advisory Board. A long time CPA and executive within the construction...
September 23, 2014Two Businesses Recognized For Community Support At Winter Haven Chamber Meeting
- A local advertising and printing company and a call center company that does business around the globe were honored Tuesday night during the annual meeting of the Greater Winter Haven Chamber of Commerce at the Lake Ashton Golf Club.
September 23, 2014Here They Are - the Women Of Distinction Nominees!
- Last week we got to meet the Soroptimist women of distinction at a reception at the Wick (we are loving this new venue in our city, by the way) who will be honored at the breakfast of the same name coming up next week on October 1. It’s a...
September 22, 2014Canita Gunter-peterson: Women Making Gains
- As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, we also celebrate American Business Women’s Day! Some would say, “We’ve come a long way, baby.” Others might think, “We still have a long way to...
September 21, 2014North Central Florida United Way Names New Leader
- Dana Clayton is the interim president and CEO of the United Way of North Central Florida. Clayton, who also directs United Way’s six-member campaign team, joined the organization in May 2011 as the director of leadership giving and affinity...
September 19, 2014Accounting, Financial Planning Firm Offers Decades Of Experience To Clients
- Managing finances seems to be a foreign language to many, with no easy translation in sight.
Thankfully, Jotkoff & Associates, CPA, PA and Jotkoff Financial Services, Inc., which is based in Melbourne, is here to help residents along the Space...
September 19, 2014Berkowitz Pollack Brant Promotes Steve Nouss To Director
- Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants has promoted
J. Steven Nouss, CPA, to director in the Business Services and Consulting
leads the firm’s growing consulting practice and works with closely held...
September 19, 2014MBAF Promotes Deborah Ladron De Guevara To Director
- Deborah Ladron de Guevara, CPA, has been promoted to director in the Audit Department of the nationally recognized public accounting firm, Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLC ( MBAF ). Ladron de Guevara previously served as a senior manager in...