CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
October 02, 2015 Emerald Coast Association of Realtors Board of Directors has selected A. Keith Dean as its new leader
- After an extensive national search, the Emerald Coast Association of Realtors Board of Directors has selected A. Keith Dean as its new leader. Dean has 15 years of solid experience in association management, most recently serving as executive...
September 30, 2015Klein Mendez & Rothbard LLC Adds ITIN Services to International Tax Department
- September 28, 2015; Aventura, FL — Klein Mendez & Rothbard, LLC, Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that they have been authorized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to serve as a Certifying Acceptance Agent, assisting...
September 29, 2015Rehmann, Roegiers Goldin Chappel Nall & Associates combine to expand service in Florida
- One of the nation's top financial services firms is set to expand its reach Nov. 1 when Rehmann combines with Stuart, Florida-based Roegiers Goldin Chappel Nall & Associates (RGCN). This combination will provide RGCN's individual and business...
September 24, 2015MBAF's Tami Clemenza-Wilson Named Audit Committee Chair of Women In Distress Of Broward County
- Tami Clemenza-Wilson, CPA/CFF, MST, principal in the Tax and Accounting Department at nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF, was recently named audit committee chair for Women in Distress of Broward County, Inc. Tami will serve in...
September 23, 2015Thomas Flannery – Alumna Tower Company Board of Directors
- Thomas is the managing member of Malesardi, Quackenbush, Swift & Co LLC (CPAs). His responsibilities include individual and corporate taxation, auditing, and small business consulting. Tom is also responsible for the firm's not-for-profit client...
September 23, 2015Stewart-Marchman-Act hires Eric Horst as CFO
- DAYTONA BEACH — When Ivan Cosimi was promoted to CEO of Stewart-Marchman-Act Behavioral Healthcare at the start of the year, he continued to also serve as chief financial officer, a role he has held the past 16 years.
"It was a challenge,"...
September 23, 2015Joe Gruters named chair of FSU Finance Committee
- Florida State University named Sarasota Republican Joe Gruters as chair of the Business, Finance, and Audit Committee this week.
FSU Chair Ed Burr named Gruters, a longtime certified public accountant who serves as vice chair and head of...
September 23, 2015James Moore and Co. Certified Public Accountants and Consultants has announced Carrie Boynton as Associate Accountant
- James Moore and Co. Certified Public Accountants and Consultants has announced the following additions to its staff: Carrie Boynton, a certified public accountant, has been hired as an associate accountant in the tax department
September 23, 2015Mike Karpel Appointed as Chapter President Miami-Dade, FL
- Miami-Dade, FL, August 5, 2015 - CEO Clubs of America announced today that Mike Karpel has joined the team to further develop the membership in the Miami-Dade, Broward & Palm Beach, FL area. More chapters mean more members, an expanded global...
September 22, 2015David A. Ralicki, CPA/PFS Attends Fidelity Conference
- Stuart, FL, 09/21/2015– David A. Ralicki, CPA/PFS of Ralicki Wealth Management & Trust Services attended the Fidelity Investments Inside Track conference for independent Registered Investment Advisors in Atlanta, Ga on September 18th &...
September 22, 2015Joe Colone Joins CPA Partners, LLC
- CPA Partners, LLC announces that Joe Colone has joined the firm heading the Business Valuation department.
September 22, 2015Christina Worley Earns Prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst Designation
- West Palm Beach, FL, September 21, 2015 – Christina Worley, Managing Member, Castle Wealth Management, in West Palm Beach, FL, has earned the prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) designation.
The CFA charter, the most...
September 22, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Welcomes Phil Focaracci and John Spence
- Dennis Gallant John Spence Tallahassee, FL – September 16, 2015 — Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, welcomes John Spence and Phil Focaracci to the...
September 14, 2015Ellen L. Joseph is Co-Managing Member of Edgepoint Solutions, LLC
- Ellen L. Joseph of Ellen L. Joseph CPA Chartered is co-managing member of Edgepoint Solutions, LLC, which has developed and licenses cloud-based solutions for employers to comply with the Affordable Care Act, including preparation and filing of...
September 14, 2015MBAF Announces 2015 Promotions
- Nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF announced today the promotions of members of the firm’s Audit, and Tax & Accounting Departments. The announcement was made by Tony Argiz , Chairman and CEO of MBAF. Lisette Rodriguez has...
September 09, 2015MBAF's Steven Morrison Appointed to AICPA Auditing Standards Board
- Steven Morrison , CPA, principal in the Audit Department at nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF , was appointed to the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Auditing Standards Board for the 2015-2016 year. The Auditing Standards Board...
September 09, 2015People And Changes
- John Stancil, CPA with Church Tax Solutions, recently attended the 23rd Annual National Nonprofit Conference in Orlando. This conference is sponsored by Batts, Morrison, Wales, and Lee, CPAs. In additional to Michael Batts, speakers included...
September 09, 2015Collier Scholarship Benefits USF Business Students Who Face Uphill Battle
- The couple has donated $480,000 over the past six years to fund the Collier Scholarship and Muma's corporate mentor program, which helps students who are the first in their families to attend college.
"America is the land of opportunity, and you...
September 08, 2015Natasha Novikov Named 2015 Certified Fraud Examiner of the Year
- Natasha Novikov Natasha Novikov, CPA/CFF, CFE of the Federal Bureau of Investigation was named the 2015 Certified Fraud Examiner of the Year by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners at its 26th Annual Global Fraud Conference in June. Read...
September 03, 2015Stahl Consulting Group's Rossi and Reed Awarded CFF Credential by the AICPA
- Constance Rossi and Michael Reed of Stahl Consulting Group PA in Tampa have been awarded the Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) credential by the AICPA.
September 03, 2015Moore Stephens Lovelace Appoints Laurie Padykula, CPA as Tax Manager in Orlando Office
- Moore Stephens Lovelace (MSL), a regional certified public accounting and business advisory services firm, recently named Laurie Padykula, CPA as Tax Manager in the Firm’s Orlando office. She has more than 17 years of taxation experience,...
September 03, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs Announces Christopher Howell’s Relocation to Tampa to Assume Market Leader Position for the Tampa Office
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, announces that Christopher Howell, CPA will be relocating to Tampa to assume the role of Market Leader for the THF Tampa...
September 02, 2015Carlos F. Garcia Appointed to Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Board
- Goldstein Schechter Koch (GSK), a full service accounting, tax, assurance, consulting, wealth management and insurance firm is pleased to announce Carlos F. Garcia, CPA, CVA, CGMA - Partner and Chief Marketing Officer has been appointed to the...
September 02, 2015Super-Regional CPA Firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI) Expands Operations in Northeast Florida
- CRI Merges Jacksonville Firm Harbeson, Fletcher & Bateh, LLP ENTERPRISE, AL - (SEPTEMBER 2, 2015) – Top 25 firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC (CRI), strategically moves into the Jacksonville market to solidify its presence in Northeast...
September 01, 2015William D. Harper joins Keyes, Strange and Wooten CPA Firm
- William D. Harper has joined Keyes, Stange and Wooten CPA Firm LLC as a certified public accountant. Harper has more than 30 years of experience in Volusia and Flagler counties.