CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
February 22, 2017Proctor, Crook, Crowder, & Fogal Joins Top 25 CPA and Advisory Firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram
- Local CPA firm Proctor, Crook, Crowder, & Fogal is now part of top 25 CPA and advisory firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC (CRI).
February 20, 2017Lanigan & Associates, P.C. Congratulates Michelle Hoefker-Howard and Nicole Frey Pollock on Promotions and Earning Their CPA Certification
- Lanigan & Associates, P.C., ( www.LaniganCPA.com ), a regional accounting, assurance, wealth management and tax services firm congratulates Michelle Hoefker-Howard and Nicole Frey Pollock who both recently earned their Certified Public...
February 16, 2017Krista Garner Receives CPA License & Designation at FRSCPA, PLLC
- Krista Garner, Audit Manager has been awarded her Florida license to practice public accounting as a Certified Public Accountant at the St. Petersburg based accounting firm of FRSCPA, PLLC (www.frscpa.com).
According to Paul Horowitz, the...
February 16, 2017A-LIGN Managing Partner Scott Price Announced as Board Chair to FSU Department of Accounting Professional Advisory Board
- The Professional Advisory Board is comprised of accounting and auditing leaders from around the country who provide input to the accounting faculty to enhance the accounting education at Florida State.
February 9, 2017IRS Names Randall Cathell to IRPAC
- The IRS recently announced the selection of seven new members for the Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC). Among them is FICPA member Randall Cathell. Cathell is a tax managing director for Crowe Horwath, LLP in Fort...
February 8, 2017Kerkering Barberio Employees Donate $14,000 to United Way
- Kerkering Barberio and its members are strong supporters of the United Way and conduct an annual campaign to raise funds for the organization.
February 7, 2017KapilaMukamal Receives M&A Advisor's 11th Annual Turnaround Award in the Sector Award Category
- The fiduciary and insolvency services firm of KapilaMukamal is pleased to announce that the firm is a recipient of the M&A Advisor’s 11th Annual Turnaround Award in the Sector Award Category - Consumer Discretionary Deal of the Year (Over...
February 6, 2017Kabat, Schertzer, De La Torre, Taraboulos and Company Expands International Tax and Audit Work, Adds Partners and Staff
- South Florida-based accounting and advisory firm Kabat, Schertzer De La Torre, Taraboulos and Company (KSDT) today announced that Les Adler and Jorge Aldecoa have joined the firm as partners and brought with them seven accountants, including...
February 6, 2017Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs Welcomes Brittany Bowman to the Firm
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs, a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm, headquartered in Tallahassee, welcomes Brittany Bowman to the assurance services department.
Brittany Bowman, a Tallahassee native, attended North...
January 27, 2017Stewart L. Appelrouth, CPA, Elected to Hemispherx Biopharma Board of Directors
- Stewart L. Appelrouth, CPA , is the most recent appointment to Hemispherx Biopharma’s Board of Directors. Appelrouth also serves as Chairman of the company’s Audit Committee. Appelrouth is co-founder of Appelrouth, Farah & Co., a full...
January 25, 2017Holyfield & Thomas Announces the Promotions of Haynes and Petillo
- Scott Y. Haynes, CPA with Holyfield & Thomas, LLC, has been named Director of the Firm’s Tax Services Department.
Julie A. Petillo, CPA, JD with Holyfield & Thomas, LLC, has been named Manager of the Firm’s Tax Services Department.
January 25, 2017George A. Gulisano Recently Joined Florida Skin Center as its Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. George A. Gulisano, CPA, has recently joined Florida Skin Center as its Chief Executive Officer. His duties will include overseeing all the administrative functions of our award winning SW Florida locations in Ft. Myers, Cape Coral and...
January 25, 2017Super-Regional CPA Firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram Tallahassee Office Moves to New Location
- Super-regional CPA and advisory firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC (CRI) will move its Tallahassee operations to a new location that accommodates the office’s continued growth. The current Tallahassee location on Mahan Drive will close on...
January 25, 2017Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs Welcomes Bill Knight and Laura Hutchinson to the Firm
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs , a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, welcomes Bill Knight and Laura Hutchinson to the tax services department. Bill Knight , a Tallahassee native, attended...
January 24, 2017Adamson + Co., P.A. Announces Matthew S. Beeman Is Promoted to Tax Manager
- Matthew S. Beeman
Adamson + Co., P.A. is pleased to announce Matthew S. Beeman, CPA, has been promoted to tax manager in the accounting and tax department. Matt has 5 years of experience in public accounting specializing in a variety of...
January 19, 2017MBAF Adds FICPA Chair Joey Epstein as Principal
- Joey Epstein has joined nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF as a principal, where he will help expand the firm’s business development efforts in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, specifically focusing on specialty areas...
January 18, 2017Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs Congratulates Catherine Carver on Passing the CPA Exam
- Catherine Carver
Tallahassee, Fla. – Jan. 13, 2017 - Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs , a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, congratulates Catherine Carver on passing the CPA exam....
January 17, 2017Dan Harris, CPA, Receives CCIFP® Credential
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that Manager, Dan Harris, CPA, has earned the Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) credential.
January 11, 2017Rivero, Gordimer & Company, P.A. Announces the Hiring of McCarthy, McSpadden, Paleveda and Ladoniczki
- Rivero, Gordimer & Company, P.A. announced the hiring of Deborah L. McCarthy , Jill McSpadden and Dennis Paleveda.
January 10, 2017Smyth & Hauck, P.A. Announces the Addition of Kenneth Buckley
- Smyth & Hauck, P.A. has announced the addition of Kenneth Buckley as a CPA in the firm.
January 9, 2017Donna Schiller Promoted to Partner
- Punta Gorda: Summers, Horner, Daughtrey & Westby CPAs announced that Donna J. Schiller has been promoted to partner.
January 3, 2017Lopez Levi Lowenstein, P.A. and Glinsky CPA Group, P.A. Announce Merger
- Their combined firms will operate under the name Lopez Levi Lowenstein Glinsky, P.A. and will be based at Lopez Levi Lowenstein’s current offices at 201 S. Alhambra Circle, Suite 701 in Coral Gables.
January 3, 2017John Jefferson Promoted to Tax Manager at FRSCPA, PLLC
- John K. Jefferson, CPA, JD, MBA, has been named the Tax Manager at the St. Petersburg based accounting firm of FRSCPA, PLLC.
January 3, 2017Adamson + Co., P.A. Announces the Addition of Paul Utter as an Accountant
- Paul has five years of experience in public accounting, specializing in tax-related matters and accounting and auditing for a wide range of industries.
December 21, 2016Joe Gruters Re-Elected as Sarasota GOP Chairman
- Riding high after another strong election season for Sarasota Republicans, Joe Gruters secured a fifth two-year term as chair of the county party without opposition Thursday.