CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
November 23, 2015Berkowitz Pollack Brant Promotes Lisa Interian, CPA, to Associate Director
- Lisa Interian Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants has promoted Lisa Interian, CPA, to associate director in the Audit and Attest Services practice.
Interian has nearly 20 years of experience performing audits, reviews, agreed upon...
November 23, 2015Pete Wellman Named Office Managing Partner for Ernst & Young in Boca Raton
- Pete Wellman has been named the Managing Partner of Ernst & Young LLP’s Boca Raton office, a US member firm of the global EY organization.
In this role, Pete oversees approximately 170 professionals in the Boca Raton office across...
November 19, 2015Impacting Her Community: Cyndi Warren Heads Up World's Most Successful Impact Group
- IMPACT 100 Pensacola Bay Area is the most successful group of its kind in the world. As its president, Cyndi Warren has given some thought as to just why that is.
"We continue to give away 100 percent of the membership dollars," explains Cyndi....
November 18, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Congratulates Alyssa Roti and Paola Blackburn on their Promotions to Senior
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, congratulates Alyssa Roti and Paola Blackburn on their promotions to Senior in the Tax Services Department.
November 18, 2015Two FICPA Members Receive AICPA 'Standing Ovation' Honors for Top Young CPAs in Forensics and Valuation
- The AICPA honored 32 CPAs age 40 and under for their contributions to the areas of forensic accounting and business valuation with the first annual Standing Ovation, which recognizes the best young CPAs in various specialty credential areas....
November 18, 2015CBIZ Hires New Tax Senior Associate
- CBIZ today announced the hiring of Joe Fullerton as a Tax Senior Associate at the Tampa Bay office of CBIZ MHM, LLC.
Joe holds his Bachelor of Science and Masters in Accounting from the University of Florida. He previously worked as a Staff...
November 18, 2015John Keillor, CPA Earns Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Designation
- Lanigan & Associates, P.C., a professional accounting, assurance, wealth management and tax services firm congratulates John Keillor, CPA and Principal on his recent credential as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA). This designation obtained...
November 16, 2015Business Briefs: Wellness Spa Raises Money For Injured Man
- Dr. Mel Youngs D.C., P.A. has raised $1,000 to assist a Cape Coral resident in need. Mr. Bob Fonock, who has lived in Cape Coral for nearly 30 years, was viciously attacked on the job while working as a taxi driver. Dr. Youngs and her team have...
November 16, 2015Kmetz, Nuttall, Elwell, Graham, CPAs, Vero Beach, Florida, Recognized As The Firm That Did The Most In The Last Year To Innovate, Invigorate And Grow Their Business.
- Thomson Reuters announced the winners of its second annual Customer Superstar Awards. The awards were presented on Thursday during SYNERGY 2015, the company's 35th annual users' conference for tax and accounting professionals, in Orlando, Florida.
November 16, 2015Berkowitz Pollack Brant Promotes Cherry Laufenberg, CPA, to Associate Director
- MIAMI, FL, Nov. 12, 2015 – Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants has promoted Cherry Laufenberg, CPA, to associate director in the Tax Services practice.
Laufenberg has nearly 15 years of experience providing tax and...
November 13, 2015Long Accepted into the Partnership of James Moore
- Lane Williams Gainesville, FL (November 9, 2015) – James Moore, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants (James Moore) is pleased to congratulate Trey Long, CPA for his admission into the partnership. Long, who has 13 years of...
November 13, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Congratulates Casey McLaughlin, Josh Hogan, Taylor Harmon and Christie Battles on their Promotions to Senior
- Tallahassee, FL – November 6, 2015— Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, congratulates Casey McLaughlin, Josh Hogan, Taylor Harmon, and Christie Battles...
November 13, 2015CliftonLarsonAllen Announces Career Achievements in Tampa
- CLA believes the best way to serve our clients and communities is to support our people in building careers that match their personal and professional aspirations. We are thrilled to express our congratulations and announce the following...
November 13, 2015Daszkal Bolton Acquires Fort Lauderdale Based Accounting Practice
- Daszkal Bolton, a leading South Florida accounting and advisory services firm, recently announced the addition of Alexander E. Petrone and Roger A. Cole as directors.
Petrone and Cole joined Barnes & Associates, a Fort Lauderdale based...
November 12, 2015Siegfried Group Welcomes new Professionals from the Houston and South Florida Markets for New Hire Orientation
- Leigh is a Certified Public Accountant who joins the South Florida Market as a Senior Associate. She comes to Siegfried from Grant Thornton where she gained three years of audit experience with a primary focus in the construction and real estate...
November 12, 2015Berkowitz Pollack Brant and MBAF Among "50 Best of the Best Firms in the U.S."
- MIAMI- Nov. 3, 2015 – Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants has been named as one of the 50 top accounting firms in the United States. In addition the firm was recognized as one of the fastest-growing accounting firms in the...
November 10, 2015CEO of Local Accounting Firm Hernandez & Company, CPAS, has been selected for Prestigious “Top 10” Accounting Award
- Armando Hernandez, President and CEO of Miami based accounting and consulting firm Hernandez & Company, CPAs has been selected as one of the 2015 “Top 10 Public Accounting Professionals” in Florida by the National Academy of Public...
November 09, 20152 Central Florida Accounting Firms Merge
- The new firm will be Grennan Fender McCrady Hess & Poparad. Jed Grennan will be the managing partner. David Poparad will join Grennan as an equity partner.
November 05, 2015Local GOP Chairman Tapped For Trump Campaign
- To say that Joe Gruters is a busy man is an understatement.
He’s a certified public accountant in Sarasota. He’s the chairman of the Republican Party of Sarasota. He’s the vice chairman of the Republican Party of Florida....
November 04, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs Promotes Lane Williams to Manager, Assurance Services
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, congratulates Lane Williams on her promotion to Manager in the Assurance Services Department.
Lane has been with the firm for...
November 03, 2015Member Robert Saltsman appointed to Board by Scott
- Robert Saltsman 62, of Winter Park, is an attorney and certified public accountant with Saltsman, Charlton & Associates P.A. He succeeds Tammie Nemecek for a term ending September 10, 2018.
November 03, 2015KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING has expanded their services in Southwest Florida
- Just like a bird that leaves the nest and soars to the heavens, KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING has taken to the sky in Southwest Florida. The company has recently signed two high-rises: Navona at the Colony in Bonita Springs and Fort...
October 30, 2015Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA completes United Way Day of Caring
- More than a dozen staff members of Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA, Certified Public Accountants & Business Consultants and their families recently spent a weekend day completing a United Way Day of Caring at Child Care of Southwest Florida,...
October 30, 2015Forensic Accounting Expert Gary Kane Publishes New Article Explaining the Role of a Forensic Accountant in Business Valuations
- Gary Kane writes “If you’ve ever sold a house before you know that setting your sale price is an act of science and waiting for the appraisal to come can feel like an act of faith. If your realtor is great at what he or she does then...
October 28, 2015McGladrey to Strengthen Market Position by Adopting RSM as Global Brand Name
- McGladrey LLP today announced it will adopt RSM as a common brand name, uniting with fellow firms of its global network RSM International to further strengthen the organization’s position as the leading global provider of audit, tax and...