CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
December 19, 2014Lend An Ear
- Organization: Ear Research Foundation, Sarasota
Giveback: Frazier has been on the board since 2004 and has been chairman since 2012.
Mission: Foundation focuses on research and development; outreach and education of ear health and hearing...
December 19, 2014New CPA Firm Opens
- John Neal Ingram and Melissa S. "Lisa" Ingram have opened Ingram & Company, LLC, a Certified Public Accounting firm. The new office location is at 1112 Goodlette Road N., Suite 201. The firm focuses on Business and Individual tax compliance and...
December 18, 2014CPA: Pay Credit Card Debt With Home Equity Line
- The No. 1 tax strategy missed by consumers every year could save you hundreds of dollars and provide a perfect tax deduction.
December 17, 2014Three Tax Partners Join Cherry Bekaert's Expanding South Florida Practice
- As part of the continued growth of its South Florida practice, nationally recognized public accounting firm Cherry Bekaert LLP ("the Firm") is pleased to welcome Stephen Danner, Lourdes De Los Santos and Michael DeSiato as Tax Partners to the...
December 17, 2014Lukas Nursery: A Long-time Family Business
- The Lukas family began their agricultural endeavor in 1912 growing celery, but is now in its 4th generation, operating since 1973 as the Lukas Nursery and Garden Shop. In 2004 the business opened its Butterfly Encounter and is known as one of the...
December 17, 2014CPAmerica International Announces 2015 Board of Directors
- GAINESVILLE – CPAmerica International , an accounting association of independent certified public accounting firms, is proud to announce its 2015 board of directors. The new board will have its first meeting of the year at CPAmerica's...
December 17, 2014New Venture Helps Churches and Clergy With Accounting
- John Stancil has been a certified public accountant since 1978, and taught tax and accounting classes at Florida Southern College for 16 years before retiring at the end of the most recent spring semester.
December 17, 2014Fulcrum Partners Help Build a Rwandan School Through ValMark Global Gift Fund
- PONTE VEDRA BEACH – In 2015, a group of Rwandan teens will start a new curriculum of study designed to teach hands-on construction skills. Their first project will be building their own schoolhouse. The opportunity to establish the...
December 16, 2014Whitney Coombs Joins Daszkal Bolton
- Whitney Coombs, CPA recently joined Daszkal Bolton as Tax Manager where she will oversee tax engagements serving middle market corporations as well as private equity groups and other investment organizations.
Coombs brings with her seven years...
December 15, 2014Names And Faces
- Lucy Brenner has been named treasurer for Designing Women. Brenner is a Tax Senior at Kerkering Barberio in Sarasota. A licensed CPA, she graduated from East Carolina University with bachelor and master of science degrees in accounting....
December 15, 2014Business People
- Christopher Norton
joined the firm as a staff accountant .
He graduated from the University of South Florida in May 2014. Norton ...for
the CPA exam next year. Rebecca Hadesman was hired as assistant accountant to the administrative...
December 15, 2014The LBA Group Announces Two New Principals
- The LBA Group
is pleased to announce that
Lafser, CPA, CFE
Barbara Baldwin Finke, CPA,
have been named p
in the firm
December 12, 2014Thomas E. Garland, CPA, Named Manager of Litigation Support at Appelrouth Farah & Co.
- Thomas E. Garland, CPA, was recently named Manager of Litigation Support at Appelrouth Farah & Co. Mr. Garland will help oversee and assist with all aspects of commercial litigation. Previously, Mr. Garland was a Senior Associate. He is a...
December 12, 2014Nicolas de la Vega, CPA, Named Manager of Assurance and Advisory Services at Appelrouth Farah & Co.
- Nicolas de la Vega, CPA, has been named Manager of Assurance and Advisory Services at Appelrouth Farah & Co. Mr. de la Vega is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, as well as the...
December 12, 2014Brian Torres, CPA, Named Senior Manager of Assurance and Advisory Services at Appelrouth Farah & Co.
- Brian Torres, CPA, has been named Senior Manager at Appelrouth Farah & Co. As Senior Manager, Mr. Torres will help operate and direct the firm’s audit engagements and assurance services. He will also focus on providing financial statement...
December 11, 2014Eric S. Martinez Named Partner at The LBA Group
- The LBA Group is pleased to announce that Eric S. Martinez, JD, CPA has been named Partner at the firm. He joined LBA in late 2013 as a Principal with the firm’s Audit and Assurance Services team. Eric has over 25 years of experience in...
December 10, 2014Mujeres Giving Back Recognition Luncheon Makes South Florida History
- The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade honored ten outstanding Hispanic women philanthropists at their inaugural Mujeres Giving Back recognition luncheon on November 14th at the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables. Mujeres Giving Back is the first event of...
December 10, 2014Robert Kantor of Wolcott & Associates, P.A. Earns CPA Credential
- Wolcott & Associates, P.A.
pleased to annou
valued team member
recently passed the
the State of
Florida to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
December 10, 2014People on the Move
- Jeffrey Ardizon, a tax manager with Kaufman Rossin, has been named chair of the Miami-Dade chapter of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants for 2014-2015.
Josh Crossman and Ginny Neal were appointed as directors and investment...
December 10, 2014Crowe Horwath LLP Elects 25 Partners And 16 Directors
- Crowe Horwath LLP , one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the U.S., has elected 25 new partners and 16 new directors. “On behalf of everyone at Crowe, I would like to congratulate all of our new partners and directors...
December 09, 2014Arthur J. Lieberman Joins Berkowitz Pollack Brant As A Tax Director
- Arthur J. Lieberman has joined Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants as a director in the Real Estate Tax practice. Lieberman joins the firm from LNR Property in Miami Beachwhere he was vice president of taxation.
Lieberman has more...
December 08, 2014John Stroemer Renews His CFST Designation
- John H. Stroemer, CPA, CFST, CAM, GRI partner at Stroemer & Company, LLC recently obtained his recertification for CFST (Certified in Florida Sales and Use Tax) from the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. This allows Stroemer &...
December 08, 2014Good Deeds
- Cavanaugh & Co. LLP, a local full service CPA firm, is a collection site for Toys for Tots of Sarasota. This is a program that was created by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve and serves to make Christmas a little brighter for less fortunate...
December 04, 201413th Annual Myers, Brettholtz & Company Nonprofit Seminar Announced
- Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA, Certified Public Accountants & Business Consultants, will hold its 13th annual nonprofit workshop on Wednesday, Jan. 21. Since 2001, Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA has sponsored seminars focused on the needs of...
December 03, 2014Naples CPA Debuts New eBook "Independent Contractor Taxes...Know Your Options"
- In today’s economic climate, there is a growing population of independent contractors, or “freelancers.” Naples CPA, Mark Makara of Makara & Associates, announces the debut of a new, free eBook specifically designed to help...