CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
August 03, 2015Appointment Of Assistant Vice President And University Controller
- I am pleased to announce the appointment of Alan West, CPA, to the position of Assistant Vice President and University Controller. His appointment is effective July 31, 2015.
July 29, 2015Kerkering, Barberio & Co. Announces Promotions
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that JANINE COLPITTS has been promoted from In-Charge Accountant to Senior Accountant and MATTHEW RZEPA has moved up from Staff Accountant to In-Charge Accountant....
July 29, 2015Moving Ahead
- Michael Leonard has joined Wells Fargo Advisors as the vice president of investments.
James Moore & Co. Certified Public Accountants & Consultants announced the following new hires: Rick Feldman, Certified Public Accountant, will serve as a...
July 29, 2015Maria del Calvo-Hevia Appointed Treasurer of CREW Miami
- Maria del Calvo-Hevia, international tax partner at Ocariz, Garrastacho, Hevia, LLLP, has been named treasurer of the Commercial Real Estate Women's (CREW) Miami chapter. CREW is dedicated to advancing the achievements of women in commercial real...
July 29, 2015Denise Garrastacho Named to FICPA Peer Review Committee
- Denise Garrastacho, audit partner at Ocariz, Garrastacho, Hevia, has been appointed to the FICPA Peer Review Committee. The Florida Institute of CPA's administers an AICPA Peer Review Program for both AICPA member firms and non-AICPA member...
July 27, 2015Gregory, Sharer & Stuart Announces New Shareholders
- Gregory, Sharer & Stuart (GSS) is proud to announce and congratulate three new shareholders, effective July 1, 2015: Victoria (Toria) R. Bartlett, Bo S. Brault and Scott C. Pearce.
Founded over 30 years ago, GSS remains a strong, local public...
July 24, 2015CPA Firm Adds Industry Veteran
- Keyes, Stange & Wooten announced that William D. "Bill" Harper has joined the certified public accounting firm as a part-time senior staffer.
Harper was previously a partner with Harper, Wing, Weber & Co. PL, a CPA firm he founded in 1979. That...
July 24, 2015Curt Castetter Named Partner at The LBA Group
- The LBA Group is pleased to announce that Curt Castetter, CPA , has been named Partner at the firm. He joined LBA in 2004 as a Senior Manager in the firm’s Tax and Business Services Department and was promoted to Tax Principal in 2009....
July 24, 2015Berkowitz Pollack Brant Promotes David Kolan
- Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants CEO Richard Berkowitz today announced that David E Kolan, CPA, has been promoted to director-in-charge of the firm’s Audit and Attest Services practice.
Kolan has more than 30 years of...
July 24, 2015Nestor Caballero Elected Chair
- Nestor Caballero Nestor Caballero, CPA of Alberni Caballero & Fierman, LLP was recently elected to serve as the Chair of the Miami Dade Chapter of the FICPA.
July 24, 2015Promotions At James Moore
- James Moore, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants (James Moore) is pleased to announce Katharine Lavenhagen, Justyna Mueller, Andrea Newman, Kyle Paxton, and Alfredo Ruiz have been promoted. Lavenhagen , a certified public accountant, has...
July 23, 2015Warren Averett Announces Promotions
- Warren Averett, LLC, a CPA and advisory firm has announced that Elizabeth McLeod and Christie Owens have been promoted.
McLeod joined the Firm in 2006 and is a manager in the Firm’s Tax Division. Her areas of expertise include tax planning...
July 23, 2015Moving Ahead
- Sada Bradshaw has been hired as a graphic artist at Benedict Advertising and Marketing. In her new role, Bradshaw will develop the layout and production design for client advertising and marketing materials in a wide variety of media outlets. She...
July 22, 2015BDO USA, LLP Expands Into Central Florida Through the Addition of Cross, Fernandez & Riley, LLP
- BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional service organizations, today announced an expansion into Central Florida through the addition of 95 professionals and staff from Cross, Fernandez & Riley, LLP (C/F/R). Founded in 1963,...
July 15, 2015Mendelson Consulting's Founder Named Among Top 10 ProAdvisors 2015 And Top Integrations ProAdvisor
- Mendelson Consulting is pleased to announce that the company’s founder and principal, Mario Nowogrodzki, CPA.CITP, has been chosen among the Top 10 QuickBooks ProAdvisors of 2015. Nowogrodzki was also named Top Integrations ProAdvisor.
July 15, 2015The LBA Group Announces Promotions
- The LBA Group is pleased to announce several promotions: Mark Klebe, CPA, PFS, CGMA, has been promoted to Senior Tax Manager. He joined the firm in 2013 as a Manager. Mark has 20 years of experience in public accounting and 12 years of experience...
July 14, 2015Business Buzz: Homeless Pianist's Makeover; A Retirement Primer; Accounting 'Firm Of The Year'
- Complete Small Business Solutions, of Sarasota, was named medium practice Accounting Firm of the Year for 2015 by the Professional Association of Small Business Accountants. Awards were presented during the association's spring marketing...
July 14, 2015Financial Executives International - Tampa Bay Chapter Announces 2015-2016 Leadership
- The Tampa Bay Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI) recently announced its leadership team for the 2015-2016 membership year.
The following members will serve on the 2015-2016 Board:
· President: Mike Delp, Finance Director,...
July 14, 2015Business Briefs: DYS Acquiring Mattos Marine
- In Brief
Diversified Yacht Services acquiring Mattos Marine
Diversified Yacht Services, a shop for comprehensive marine services to the Southwest Florida coast, has announced that it is in the process of acquiring Mattos Marine, a marine diesel...
July 14, 2015Florida Institute of CPAs Installs Mia Thomas as Chairman of the Board
Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) announces that
, will serve as the FICPA
air of the Board.
term began July 1,...
July 14, 2015Christopher Conti Of Stroemer & Company Appointed To The Accounting Principles And Auditing Standards FICPA Committee
- Christopher Conti, Audit Manager, has been appointed to the Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee for the second year. This Committee studies, reviews and comments on exposure drafts and research bulletins by various professional...
July 14, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Welcomes Gabe Crook and Trevor Godfrey
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee welcomes Gabe Crook and Trevor Godfrey to the Assurance Services Department.
In 2007, Gabe Crook received his bachelor’s...
July 10, 2015GAI Consultants CFO Karl Palvisak Receives "C-Level" Award
- National Engineering and Environmental Consulting firm GAI Consultants, Inc. (GAI) is pleased to announce that CFO Karl Palvisak was chosen as a recipient of the 2015 Orlando Business Journal “C-Level” Awards. The annual C-Level...
July 10, 2015Rich Heitmeyer Promoted
- Carroll and Company, CPAs congratulates Rich Heitmeyer, CPA on his promotion to Partner. Rich joined the firm in 2001 and has served as Tax Manager since 2012. He specializes in federal and state campaign finance compliance, individual and...
July 08, 2015Kerkering Barberio’s Young Professionals Save Our Seabirds
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that its Young Professionals, in conjunction with the Leading Edge Alliance, recently participated in the fifth annual Global Volunteer Week. For its part, Kerkering...