CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
April 27, 2015Deadline Looms to Submit BP claims
- PANAMA CITY BEACH – With the 5-year anniversary of the BP oil spill recently passed, the energy conglomerate will soon end its claims process for businesses and individuals under the class action settlement agreement.
April 27, 2015Skoda Minotti Named a Best Place to Work by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Skoda Minotti, a national CPA, business and financial advisory firm, has been named one of the Best Places to Work by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. Skoda Minotti was selected as a finalist in the Big category; businesses with 25-49 employees....
April 27, 2015Senior-level Hires and Promotions for Week of April 27
- Emery Sheer has opened Sheer & Company, a CPA and business advisory firm in Coconut Grove. He was chief financial officer of Aranon Corporation and was managing partner/South Florida for Cherry Bakaert & Holland, CPAs. He received a B.S. in Music...
April 27, 2015#UCFBusiness Careerfest Connects Students and Alumni
- Earlier this month, nearly 400 UCF College of Business Administration (#UCFBusiness) students gathered at the FAIRWINDS Alumni Center for Careerfest, a series of alumni speaker panels designed to give students insight into life after graduation.
April 27, 2015Attorney and Author Craig R. Hersch Publishes Second Book
- Attorney Craig R. Hersch has authored and published his second estate planning book entitled, “Legal Matters When a Loved One Dies.” It follows his first book entitled, "Common Cents Estate Planning" published the fall of 2014. Both...
April 23, 2015Warren Averett Member Named To State University System Of Florida Boards Of Trustees
- Warren Averett, LLC, Certified Public Accountants and Advisors, is pleased to announce that Mort O’Sullivan, CPA was named 1 of 20 appointments to the State University System of Florida boards of trustees.
The trustees were selected...
April 23, 2015Kerkering Barberio Staff Obtain CPA Designation
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that Janine Colpitts, Kathleen (Kat) Martin and Mary Garcia have passed the exam to obtain the designation of Certified Public Accountant. Janine and Mary earned a...
April 23, 2015James Moore Welcomes Four New Hires
Moore, Certified Public
is pleased to welcome
Ericka Hernandez, Shardae Jones,
Natalie Jean Petruska
and Dawn Taylor
to the firm.
will serve as a Data Entry Assistant. Prior...
April 23, 2015Averett Warmus Durkee (AWD) Sponsors “Mystery Of Fraud”
- Central Florida CPA firm is a major sponsor of an educational event about fraud prevention to be held at the Orlando Art Museum the morning of April 30, 2015.
Orlando and Central Florida; April 2015 – Averett Warmus Durkee (AWD) CPAs Tom...
April 23, 2015Mbaf’s Frank Gonzalez Elected As Treasurer Of Orange Bowl Committee
- Frank Gonzalez, CPA/CFF, principal-in-charge of the Audit Department at nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF, was elected to the 2015-2016 Executive Committee of the Orange Bowl and will serve as its treasurer.
The Orange Bowl is a...
April 23, 2015Press Release: Board Of Governors Announces Appointments To University Boards Of Trustees
- At a time when the State University System is making unprecedented strides on performance and accountability, the Florida Board of Governors today announced 20 appointments to university boards of trustees.
The new trustees were selected...
April 22, 2015Experience Means Different Things To Candidates In Council Districts 7 And 8
- They were surrounded by the ladies in the pink jackets, members of the Gamma Rho Omega chapter of the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority.
For Reggie Gaffney, George Spencer, Katrina Brown and Pat Lockett-Felder, it was picture time. The candidates...
April 20, 2015Moore Stephens Lovelace Names Daniel O'Keefe Shareholder-in-Charge of Orlando Office
- Moore Stephens Lovelace (MSL), a regional certified public accounting and business advisory services firm, announced that Daniel J. O’Keefe, CPA, CFE, MBA has been named Shareholder-in-Charge of the Firm’s Orlando office....
April 20, 2015Senior-level Promotions And Hires For The Week Of April 20, 2015
Donna Alonso has been named vice president and treasury management sales and service administrator at the Banking Center Division of TotalBank in Miami. She was director of cash management at Great Florida Bank.
April 20, 2015Names And Faces
- Andrea Massey-Farrell, president and CEO of the Harvey and Carol Massey Foundation Inc., has been appointed to the Florida Board of Managers of the Nemours Foundation. The Nemours Foundation is a non-profit organization created by industrialist...
April 20, 2015Bp Oil Spill | 5 Years Later: With No Oil Touching Manatee County, Explosion Effects Still Felt In County
- When the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded April 20, 2010, and spilled millions of barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, not a drop landed on Manatee County beaches.
Still, five years later, the effects of the spill continue to be felt in...
April 20, 2015Free Medical Care Clinic Reaches Quarter-century Milestone
- Flash forward to 10 years ago, we moved into this building,” Fahy said about the current site. The Florida Cancer Institute had vacated the premises and moved to River Crossing.
When the institute executives learned the clinic would use...
April 16, 2015Richardson Gypsum Joins The US LBM Team
- Originally founded in 1960 by Jack Richardson, Richardson Gypsum has been a full service provider of construction supplies, acoustical products and equipment to both commercial and residential contractors for over 55 years.
April 15, 2015Bay Harbor Islands Residents To Choose Three Council Members On April 21
- Three of seven seats on the Bay Harbor Islands town council are up for grabs on April 21.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article18503951.html#storylink=cpy
April 15, 2015Event Hits High Notes
- Indoor concerts were standing room only as international jazz greats wowed audiences during the Second Annual Jewel of the Ridge Jazz Festival April 8 through 11. Although rain cut short Saturday’s outdoor concerts where the turnout was...
April 14, 2015Partnership For Philanthropic Planning Presents "i Want To Give You My Monet"
- The Partnership for Philanthropic Planning (PPP) of Lee County will present “I want to give you my Monet” at the Thursday, April 23 meeting. Attendees will learn how to navigate the interesting waters of gifts of arts, and how to...
April 14, 2015Boomerang Children: Pros, Cons Of Helping Adult Kids Financially
- The American dream used to include raising children to be independent, and once "out of the nest," enjoying a comfortable retirement.
Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2015/04/14/5744659_boomerang-children-pros-cons-of.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy
April 14, 2015KSDT Hires Caridad Vasallo as Manager, Forensic and Business Valuations Services Practice
- Miami-based accounting and tax advisory firm Kabat, Schertzer, De La Torre, Taraboulos and Company (KSDT) today announced it has hired Caridad “Carey” Vasallo, as manager of its Forensic and Business Valuation practice. A certified...
April 13, 2015Wallace: Gruters Gets Set For State Office Bid
- Sarasota Republican Party Chairman Joe Gruters is preparing to run for the Florida Legislature in 2016.
April 08, 2015Jones Still Fired Up About Sportsability In 25th Year
- David Jones began Sportsability in 1991 as a class project while enrolled in the College of Business at Florida State University. An avid outdoorsman, Jones had been shot in a 1988 hunting accident that left him partially paralyzed. So Jones...