CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
September 02, 2015Carlos F. Garcia Appointed to Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Board
- Goldstein Schechter Koch (GSK), a full service accounting, tax, assurance, consulting, wealth management and insurance firm is pleased to announce Carlos F. Garcia, CPA, CVA, CGMA - Partner and Chief Marketing Officer has been appointed to the...
September 02, 2015Super-Regional CPA Firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI) Expands Operations in Northeast Florida
- CRI Merges Jacksonville Firm Harbeson, Fletcher & Bateh, LLP ENTERPRISE, AL - (SEPTEMBER 2, 2015) – Top 25 firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC (CRI), strategically moves into the Jacksonville market to solidify its presence in Northeast...
September 01, 2015William D. Harper joins Keyes, Strange and Wooten CPA Firm
- William D. Harper has joined Keyes, Stange and Wooten CPA Firm LLC as a certified public accountant. Harper has more than 30 years of experience in Volusia and Flagler counties.
August 28, 2015Kabat, Schertzer, De La Torre, Taraboulos & Co. Merges with SI Gordon & Company, Expands Service Offerings, South Florida Presence
- Miami-based accounting and tax advisory firm Kabat, Schertzer, De La Torre, Taraboulos and Company (KSDT) today announced it will merge with SI Gordon & Company, a 35-year-old CPA firm that serves the audit, accounting and tax-services needs of...
August 20, 2015Goldstein Schechter Koch is Proud to Announce Recent Promotions!
- Miami, FL (August 11, 2015) – Goldstein Schechter Koch (GSK), a full service accounting, tax, assurance, consulting, wealth management and insurance firm is proud to announce recent promotions:
Javier Chipi promoted to Senior Tax...
August 19, 2015TIA Board Re-elects Watkins As Chair; Other Members Retain Roles
- Members of the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority Board like their group make-up, because they voted this week to retain Robert Watkins as chairman, as well as keep the others in the same roles.
August 19, 2015Hill Steps Down As CEO Of Hospital
- Attaway, who will soon be ending a one-year stint addressing staff and financial problems for the Altha Town Council, is scheduled to meet soon with the outgoing administrator.
August 19, 2015Business Briefs: Job Fair To Hire 140 Employees
- Naples-based restaurant group Culinary Concepts will host a job fair with the goal of hiring 140 employees to fill positions at its five Southwest Florida Restaurants: Pazzo! Cucina Italiana in Naples, Chops City Grill in Naples, Yabba Island...
August 13, 2015Kerkering Barberio Member Was Selected for Leadership Sarasota
- Sarasota, FL – Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that Ashley Salter, CPA, has been selected to participate in the 2015-2016 Leadership Sarasota County Program. Offered by The Greater Sarasota...
August 11, 2015M. Javier Zuñiga Promoted to Principal at PDR CPAs
- M. Javier Zuñiga has been promoted to Principal at PDR Certified Public Accountants. Javier’s expertise includes corporate and partnership tax compliance, partnership structures, international taxation, individual taxation and forensic...
August 06, 2015Manuel Alvarez Promoted to Senior Manager
- Verdeja, De Armas & Trujillo, LLP announces it has promoted Manuel Alvarez to senior manager in its audit department.
August 06, 2015Ellis Appointed To Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- Leslea Ellis, CPA/CFF, CFE, owner of Leslea Ellis, LLC was recently appointed to serve on the Florida Bar’s Grievance Committee for the Twentieth Judicial Circuit. Ellis is currently serving a 3-year term on the local grievance committee...
August 05, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Welcomes Dennis Gallant, CPA
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee welcomes Dennis Gallant, CPA, to the position of Senior Manager, Tax Services. Dennis and his family have moved to Tallahassee...
August 04, 2015Governor Rick Scott Appoints Robert Watkins to Hillsborough County Aviation Authority
- Today, Governor Rick Scott announced the reappointment of Robert Watkins to the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority.
Watkins, 64, of Tampa, is a certified public accountant and president of Robert Watkins and Company P.A. He currently serves...
August 04, 2015Accounting Firms Templeton & Company, LLP and Cocuy, Burns & Co., P.A. Combine
- Cocuy, Burns & Co., P.A., a CPA and
consulting firm in Wellington, Fla. and Templeton & Company, LLP, a leading South
Florida-based firm, combined practices e
ffective August 1, 2015. Juan Cocuy and
Tom Burns became partners in the newl
August 03, 2015Appointment Of Assistant Vice President And University Controller
- I am pleased to announce the appointment of Alan West, CPA, to the position of Assistant Vice President and University Controller. His appointment is effective July 31, 2015.
July 29, 2015Kerkering, Barberio & Co. Announces Promotions
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that JANINE COLPITTS has been promoted from In-Charge Accountant to Senior Accountant and MATTHEW RZEPA has moved up from Staff Accountant to In-Charge Accountant....
July 29, 2015Moving Ahead
- Michael Leonard has joined Wells Fargo Advisors as the vice president of investments.
James Moore & Co. Certified Public Accountants & Consultants announced the following new hires: Rick Feldman, Certified Public Accountant, will serve as a...
July 29, 2015Maria del Calvo-Hevia Appointed Treasurer of CREW Miami
- Maria del Calvo-Hevia, international tax partner at Ocariz, Garrastacho, Hevia, LLLP, has been named treasurer of the Commercial Real Estate Women's (CREW) Miami chapter. CREW is dedicated to advancing the achievements of women in commercial real...
July 29, 2015Denise Garrastacho Named to FICPA Peer Review Committee
- Denise Garrastacho, audit partner at Ocariz, Garrastacho, Hevia, has been appointed to the FICPA Peer Review Committee. The Florida Institute of CPA's administers an AICPA Peer Review Program for both AICPA member firms and non-AICPA member...
July 27, 2015Gregory, Sharer & Stuart Announces New Shareholders
- Gregory, Sharer & Stuart (GSS) is proud to announce and congratulate three new shareholders, effective July 1, 2015: Victoria (Toria) R. Bartlett, Bo S. Brault and Scott C. Pearce.
Founded over 30 years ago, GSS remains a strong, local public...
July 24, 2015CPA Firm Adds Industry Veteran
- Keyes, Stange & Wooten announced that William D. "Bill" Harper has joined the certified public accounting firm as a part-time senior staffer.
Harper was previously a partner with Harper, Wing, Weber & Co. PL, a CPA firm he founded in 1979. That...
July 24, 2015Curt Castetter Named Partner at The LBA Group
- The LBA Group is pleased to announce that Curt Castetter, CPA , has been named Partner at the firm. He joined LBA in 2004 as a Senior Manager in the firm’s Tax and Business Services Department and was promoted to Tax Principal in 2009....
July 24, 2015Berkowitz Pollack Brant Promotes David Kolan
- Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants CEO Richard Berkowitz today announced that David E Kolan, CPA, has been promoted to director-in-charge of the firm’s Audit and Attest Services practice.
Kolan has more than 30 years of...
July 24, 2015Nestor Caballero Elected Chair
- Nestor Caballero Nestor Caballero, CPA of Alberni Caballero & Fierman, LLP was recently elected to serve as the Chair of the Miami Dade Chapter of the FICPA.