All active Florida licensees
About the Author:
Cecil "Pat" Patterson, Jr., CPA is an award winning, internationally recognized author, speaker, and discussion leader for continuing education courses and for numerous state societies. Mr. Patterson is the President of Patterson & Associates, P.A. and holds an M.B.A. from the University of North Florida. He has experience at the national CPA firm level, at the corporate level as a chief financial officer, and as an adjunct professor at the university level.
Edward “Ed” Grossman; J. Edward Grossman, CPA; Lakeland
Paul N. Brown, CPA; Florida Institute of CPAs, Tallahassee
Florida Institute of CPAs
$75.00 members, $100.00 non-members
This course is designed to help Florida licensees meet the requirements for ethics continuing education. Through information and discussion, the course addresses internal and external issues CPAs face, such as professional standards, ethical conduct, client communication and independence. The course complies with the ethics requirements for Florida CPAs as set forth by the Florida Board of Accountancy.
- Relationship of Florida laws and rules to national standards
- Chapter 455, Florida Statutes and how it relates to ethics
- Chapter 473, Florida Statutes and the requirements of public accounting in Florida
- 61H1 Florida Administrative Code (FAC) and issues affecting integrity and objectivity
- Ethical impact of commissions, contingencies and communications
- Issue of competency to public accounting
- Florida's independence rules and implication to public accounting
- AICPA Interpretation 101-3 on independence and the differences between attest and non-attest services for clients
- Responsibilities of CPAs to their clients on confidentiality and record retention as required by AICPA Interpretation 501-1 and FAC 61H1-23
- Guidelines for advertising, solicitations, use of names and responsibilities for others
- Future implications of CPAs and ethics
Individuals that complete this self-study and successfully pass the exam will earn 4 hours of Ethics CPE Credit.
NOTE: IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CPE CREDIT, THE COURSE MUST BE PURCHASED BY THE INDIVIDUAL INTENDING TO TAKE IT.
This course is available 24/7 and contains video, audio and links to all the latest laws and rules in Florida. You can take this new online course at your own pace. Spend just a few minutes a night working on it, or complete the course in one sitting. Once you finish and pass the exam, you receive your certificate of completion.
You will receive 2 emails after registering for this course. One email will contain the receipt for your course purchase, the other from email@example.com providing you with instructions on how to log onto the course.