CPE Credit: 2 hours of Accounting & Auditing
NASBA Field of Study: Accounting, Auditing
Prerequisite: Experience in compilation and review services. CR1-OL13, Part 1 of this four-part series, is recommended.
Advance Preparation: None
NOTE: In order to receive CPE credit, the course must be purchased by the individual intending to take it.
Compilation and Review: Issues and Updates 2013 (Part 1), CR1-OL13
Compilation and Review: Issues and Updates 2013 (Part 3), CR3-OL13
Compilation and Review: Issues and Updates 2013 (Part 4), CR4-OL13
After viewing this presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the major changes to compilation and review engagements as specified by SSARS 19.
2. Define the relevant terminology found in SSARS 19.
3. Describe the overall purpose and key differences between a compilation engagement and a review engagement.
4. State the difference between unconditional and presumptively mandatory professional requirements.
5. List the categories of the SSARS hierarchy and examples of key components within each category.
6. Name the key elements of a compilation or review engagement.
7. Discuss the importance of materiality to a compilation or review engagement.