Accounting professionals in public practice, industry, government, and education who deal with nonpublic entities.
About the Author:
Cecil “Pat” Patterson Jr., CPA
Patterson CPA Group, Inc.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Accounting and Auditing
Florida Institute of CPAs
$35.00 members, $45.00 non-members
CPE Credit: 2 Accounting and Auditing
NASBA Field of Study:
Prerequisite: Experience in Accounting and Auditing
Advance Preparation: None
Related Courses: Accounting and Auditing Update for Professionals (Part 2) (AAU2-OL13)
Learning Objectives: After viewing this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Enumerate the latest updates with regard to selected accounting and auditing standards.
- Discuss the difference between an attest function and an assurance function.
- Interpret the latest accounting standards, auditing standards, and compilation and review standards.
Learn about the new 2013 accounting and auditing professional standards and review selected standards from 2012 including:
- FASB Update (Accounting Standards Codification and selected new pronouncements)
- Newly formed Private Company Council update
- IASB and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) status
- Auditing Update (Clarity Project, new SASs released including areas of documentation and plans for the move to International Auditing Standards)
- New audit report for periods ending after 12-15-2012
You will receive 2 emails after registering for this course. One email will contain the receipt for your course purchase and the other will provide instructions on how to access and log in to the course.