Noel R. Boeke, Esq., MBA
Practices: Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights | Litigation and Dispute Resolution | Mergers and Acquisitions | Non-Competes, Trade Secrets and Defecting Employees | Real Estate Finance | Commercial Lending
Noel R. Boeke is a business lawyer who focuses on solving a wide range of business problems. He specializes in bankruptcy, creditors’ rights litigation, commercial litigation, mergers and acquisitions, and documenting loan transactions. He also has experience in business contract negotiations and Uniform Commercial Code issues.
Mr. Boeke has represented various types of business clients, financial institutions and other creditors, including commercial banks, private equity funds, finance subsidiaries of manufacturers, corporations, receivers, bankruptcy trustees, special servicers, chapter 11 debtors and creditor committees. His practice includes a wide range of representation of these types of clients in litigation, bankruptcy, negotiation of loan workouts, asset sales and purchases, and documentation of debtor-in-possession financing, and other loan transactions and security interests. Mr. Boeke also handles litigation in federal, bankruptcy and state courts, and at arbitration, with a focus on creditors’ rights issues, including credit litigation, lien enforcement, commercial mortgage foreclosures, fraudulent or preferential transfer actions, consumer finance defense litigation, defense of actions involving debt collection practices, assignments for the benefit of creditors and other types of credit litigation. Mr. Boeke has also provided a wide variety of services to lenders and creditors with respect to perfection and enforcement of their rights under the Uniform Commercial Code.
Mr. Boeke has also represented numerous clients in merger and acquisition transactions, including buyers and sellers of businesses, assets and loans. His practice includes representation of lenders in real estate loan transactions and other commercial loan transactions, whether unsecured or secured by personal property.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Boeke served more than seven years in the U.S. Navy. He served two years on the Headquarters Staff of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program in Washington, D.C., primarily assisting in the annual planning, award and administration of Naval shipbuilding and engineering services contracts. Mr. Boeke then served five years at Newport News Shipbuilding in Newport News, Virginia, as the on-site contracts and financial representative for all nuclear-related shipbuilding, overhaul and business matters at the shipyard.
Mr. Boeke is past president (2007-2009) of the Florida Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association (“TMA”), an international nonprofit organization dedicated to corporate renewal and turnaround management. He has also served on the National TMA Board since 2010, and was vice
president for Education in 2011. He was co-chair of the TMA Annual Conference for 2010, chairman of the TMA Southeast Regional Conference (2009/2010/2011) and prior co-chair of the TMA Spring Conference (2009). Mr. Boeke was a member of Vistage f/k/a The Executive Committee, President’s Forum (TEC #2223) from 2006-2012.
Mr. Boeke serves on the Board of Trustees for Saint Leo University. He also serves on the Florida Bar Grievance Committee for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit. He is currently a member of the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Leadership Tampa Class of 2013.
During law school, Mr. Boeke served as notes editor of the Georgia Law Review. He is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma.
Honors & Awards
• Chambers USA - America’s Leading Business Lawyers guide, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2009-2014
• The Best Lawyers in America guide, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2009-2014
• Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2014
• Litigation Counsel of America
• Turnaround Management Association, Florida Chapter, former President; Southeast Regional Conference, former Chairman; Spring Conference, former Co-Chair; National Board Member, Florida Board Member
• Vistage/The Executive Committee, President’s Forum (TEC Florida)
• Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Board Member
• The Florida Bar
• Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Leadership Tampa, Class of 2013
• Board of Trustees, Saint Leo University
• The Basics of Bankruptcy Litigation: A Critical Strategic Tool for the Turnaround Practitioner, Turnaround Management Association Education Institute, April 16, 2013
• Avoiding Mutually Assured Destruction in Hotel and Resort Projects in a Troubled Economy, Holland & Knight Alert, February 3, 2009
• Fraudulent Transfers, Creditors’ and Debtors’ Practice in Florida, 2007
• Tort Claims Against a Discharged Debtor with Insurance, Holland & Knight Newsletter, September 1, 1999
• Florida Institute of CPAs Annual Accounting Show, September 17-19, 2014
• Bankruptcy Panel, Turnaround Management Association Orlando Luncheon, October 29, 2013
• Florida Institute of CPAs Annual Accounting Show, Bankruptcy Issues - What You Need to Know, September 25-27, 2013
• Developments in Foreclosures & Actions by Homeowners Associations, Fall Community Bank Executive Forum, Tampa, FL, October 5, 2012
• The State of Abandoning Real Property to Secured Creditors, TBBBA CLE Luncheon, September 11, 2012
• Ask the Lawyer What CEOs Need to Know About Loans, Guaranties, Bankruptcy, Non-Compete Agreements and Other Employment Issues, Vistage Group, August 15, 2012
• Purchasing and Operating Distressed Florida Condominiums and Planned Communities, Holland & Knight Seminar Series, May 25, 2010
• Plan Your Exit from Business Ownership: An Exclusive Seminar for Business Owners and their Advisors, Holland & Knight Program, Tampa, FL, February 4, 2010
• Real Estate Restructuring, CLE International Seminar, Miami, FL, December 10, 2009
• Real Estate Bankruptcy Issues, JPMorgan Chase Seminar, November 13, 2009
• Business Exit Strategies: Plan Your Exit from Business Ownership, Stetson University Family Enterprise Center Seminar, Celebration, FL, November 5, 2009
• Fundamentals of Buying Distressed Debt, Holland & Knight Seminar Series, April 2009
• Ask Your Lawyer, Vistage Chief Executive Business Group, March 2009
• Weathering the Storm: Bankers’ Strategies for Managing Distressed Loans, Florida Bankers Association, Miami - March 2009, Orlando - January 2009
• Retail Bankruptcies Have Arrived—More Are Coming, What You Need to Know Now: Practical Answers for Dealing With Troubled Retail Tenants, December 2, 2008
• Small Business Bankruptcy, Small Business Resource Network Program, November 2008
• Private Equity Outlook, Moderator, Turnaround Management Association, September 30, 2008
• Life in a Down Market: Real Estate and Land Use Issues in a Challenging Economy, Holland & Knight Seminar Series, September 2008
• The Do’s and Don’ts of Investing in a Turnaround, Turnaround Management Association, August 2008
• What Every Banker Needs to Know About Selling Loans, Loancowboys Seminar Series, July 15, 2008
• Overcoming Headwinds: Turning Around, Refinancing and Selling Distressed Businesses in a Skeptical Market, Turnaround Management Association, May 2008
• Distressed Real Estate: How Do You Catch a Falling Knife?, Moderator, Turnaround Management Association 2008 Spring Conference, March 27, 2008
• Fraudulent Transfers, Turnaround Management Association, February 2005
• Hot Topics in Bankruptcy, Turnaround Management Association, June 2004
• Mortgage Foreclosure in Florida, Lorman Education Services, February 2004
• Problem Loans, Sterling Education Services, August 2003
• The University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., cum laude
• College of William & Mary, MBA
• Northwestern University, B.A.
• All State Courts in Florida