Manuel E. Pravia, CPA,MST
MANUEL ANUEL ANUEL ANUEL ANUEL E. PRAVIARAVIARAVIARAVIARAVIA, CPACPACPA
PRINCIPAL, MORRISON, BROWN, ARGIZ & FARRA, LLC
Manuel E. Pravia, CPA, is a principal in the Tax and Accounting Department in MBAF’s Miami office. His experience since 1991 spans various industries (such as restaurants and financial institutions) as well as international tax (including corporate, foreign nationals, and expatriates). He also focuses on corporate tax accounting issues (now ASC 740), an area that he dealt with extensively during his ten years of corporate tax experience at several prominent South Florida companies.
Manny is a member of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and the Florida Institute of CPAs (FICPA), where he serves in the Federal Taxation Committee. He has chaired the United Way Audit Committee and sits on the Community Investment Committee. He has served on the Board of Directors of Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity and on the FIU School of Business Alumni Chapter Board. He regularly presents at continuing professional education seminars and has been an instructor for Becker CPA Review. He has been an adjunct professor in the Florida International University School of Accounting since 2007.
A graduate of the University of Miami with a bachelor's degree in business administration, Manny completed his master of science in taxation at FIU, where he is a Founder of his business fraternity's chapter.
-Alpha Kappa Psi, Professional Business Fraternity - Board of Directors, Past Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants –Chair, Federal Taxation Committee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida International University - School of Business Alumni Chapter, Past Board Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade - Community Investments Committee, Audit Committee Past Chair
Seminars and Publications
-ASC 740 Financial Statement Disclosures), FICPA Accounting Show (scheduled 2014)
-Federal Tax Update, FICPA CPAs in Industry Conference (2012-2014), FSU Accounting Conference (scheduled 2014), FICPA Tax and Financial Planning Conference (2013), FICPA South Dade Chapter (2013), Cuban-American CPAs Annual Tax Update (2014)
- Conceptos Generales Impuestos sobre la Renta EEUU, Seccional Valle del Cauca, Asociación Nacional de Empresarios (ANDI) (2013)
- FormS Training - What'S So Special about S-corpS?, FICPA Tax and Financial Planning Conference – 2012
- CPAs Play Vital Role in IRS Examinations, Florida CPA Today - May/June 2012
-IRS Examination Issues, Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council - December 2011
- On the Lookout for Alternative Minimum Tax Issues, FICPA's Florida Institute: Federal Taxation ® Conference (FIFT) - November 2011
- An Accounting for Income Taxes Primer, American Association of Attorney-CPA's: 2012 Southeast Regional Education Conference - October 2011
-Tax Issues Affecting Community Banks, Financial Managers Society (FMS): Finance & Accounting Forum for Financial Institutions - June 2011
- The Uncertain World of Tax Positions, Florida CPA Today - January/February 2010