James M. Luffman, CPA/PFS is a principal owner of CPS Investment Advisors where his responsibilities include providing tactical financial advice and planning to families and small businesses, leading the Investment Committee meetings in decisions of asset allocation and strategies, and offering relevant oversight to the CPS trading desk.
Prior to joining CPS, Jim began his professional career in Washington, D.C. with American Security Bank as the Operations Manager in their $3 billion Trust Department where he was responsible for overseeing a team in Trust Operations.
Joining CPS in 1986, Jim focused on tax planning for small businesses and families before making the transition into tactical financial planning. Jim acquired his CPA Licensure and is board certified as a Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) as designated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He also received the Certificate of Educational Achievement in Personal Financial Planning.
Jim attended Florida State University and received his Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting.
• Certified Public Accountant
• Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) as designated by the American Institute of CPA’s
• Member of Professional Advisory Board, Florida State University College of Business, Department of Accounting
• NASD licensed to be a Principal in a Registered Investment Advisory firm
• Licensed by the Florida Department of Financial Services for Life, Disability, and Health Insurance
• Past President and Chairman of the Board of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Lakeland and Mulberry
• Past President of the Polk Chapter of the Florida Institute of CPA’s
• Current Director of the Polk Chapter of the Florida Institute of CPA’s
• Past member of the Florida Board of Accountancy Specialization Advisory Committee
• Chairman of the Florida Institute of CPA’s Accounting Show Committee