CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
Do you have foreign individuals or entities as clients? If so, you should attend this course to acquire knowledge and practical how-to approaches on foreign investment in the United States, as well as numerous types of passive and active business investments.
|Thursday, June 05, 2014
|8:30am - 4:30pm (Registration at 8:00am )
|Tampa Law Center, Tampa
|8 Technical Business
Michael Rosenberg, Esq
|Florida Institute of CPAs
|Specialized Knowledge, Taxation
Participants will acquire knowledge and practical how-to approaches on foreign investment in the United States and numerous types of passive and active business investments
- Resident vs. non-resident alien status for individual investors
- Survey of investment vehicles used: those providing greatest benefits and alternatives to avoid branch profits tax
- IRS and related federal and/or state filing requirements
- Tax consequences of holding passive investments or actively operating U.S. real estate and other business activities
- Tax effects added by Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act and the withholding tax on dispositions of U.S. real property interests by foreigners
- Procedures required to obtain tax treaty benefits
- Recent developments
Any CPA who has the opportunity to advise foreign individuals or foreign entities with respect to U.S. investments or business activities
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
$335 FICPA Members, $460 Non-Members