CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
Learn about the new 2014 accounting and auditing professional standards and review selected standards from 2013. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions they need answers to.
|Tuesday, June 24, 2014
|8:30am - 12:00pm (Registration at 8:00am )
|Rosen College of Hospitality, Orlando
|4 Accounting and Auditing
Cecil Patterson Jr., CPA, MBA
|Florida Institute of CPAs
|Accounting, Auditing, and Assurance
Provide the participants with an update and review of new and selected revised professional A&A standards for 2014 and 2013
- FASB Update (includes Accounting Standards Codification and selected new pronouncements)
- Update on the newly formed Private Company Council of the FASB and any releases
- IASB and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) status
- Audit Update (includes update on Clarity Project and new SASs released from the Clarity Project including areas of documentation and plans for the move to International Auditing Standards)
- New Audit report for periods ending after 12-15-2012
- Convergence IASB and International Audit Standards status
- SSARS Update (includes SSARS 19, new engagement letters, new reports, and review representation letters specified in SSARS 15-19)
- Issues regarding the Preparation of Financial Statements for CPAs from the AICPA
- Issues regarding the new Financial Reporting Platform for SMEs from the AICPA
- New Interpretations and an update on the international compilation and review standards
- Further updates include: updates for new Quality Control Standards (SQCS 8) and its requirements; updates on status of "Mobility" issues combined with "Substantial Equivalency"
- Updates on status of Peer Review and related regulatory problems and updates on changes in Florida Statutes and Florida Administrative Code for CPAs
- Ethics Interpretation 101-3 will be explored for revisions and updates in attest/nonattest applications
- Documentation standards will be reviewed for changes required by SAS 103, Audit Documentation, SSARS 19 Documentation and other required documentation
- Any other matters deemed appropriate and timely and any questions that participants deem important
Professionals in public practice, industry, government and education who deal with nonpublic entities
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
$205 FICPA Members, $270 Non-Members