CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
Totally revamped for 2013, this course centers around the most common errors and regulations that impact the practice of public accounting in Florida as well as real-life ethical issues faced by individuals and organizations. It addresses newly revised and proposed interpretations, rulings, and legislation that affects CPAs in both public accounting firms and employment in industry, government and education. The course complies with the ethics requirements for Florida CPAs as set forth by the Florida Board of Accountancy.
|Monday, November 18, 2013
|12:40pm - 4:15pm (Registration at 12:10pm)
|Orange County Bar Association, Orlando
J E. Grossman, CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA
|Florida Institute of CPAs
- Individual ethics – Discussion of the code of conduct, professional responsibilities and core values of the profession. How are ethics and ethical behavior defined? What does it mean to be ethical as an accounting practitioner? How do the code of conduct, professional responsibilities and core values of the profession impact the practice of accounting?
- Business ethics – How do making ethical choices in the workplace impact businesses and individuals? What is the role and responsibility of organizations in creating an ethical culture?
- Florida statutes and rules – How do Chapters 455, 473, Florida Statutes and 61H1 Florida Administrative Code (FAC) relate to ethical practice? What are the newly revised and proposed interpretations, rulings and legislation that affects CPAs in both public accounting firms and employment in industry, government and education?
- Independence – What are the highlights of Florida's independence rules, AICPA Interpretation 101-3 and their differences in regards to public accounting?
- Specialized practice areas – What are the specialized ethical responsibilities in practice areas such as tax, industry and government?
- Future trends – What are the trends that will impact the future of the accounting profession? What trends and changes are being observed by Florida CPAs?
- AICPA Interpretation 101-3 on independence and the differences between attest and non-attest services for clients
- Responsibilities of CPAs to their clients on confidentiality and record retention as required by AICPA
- New rules for client data and information in Interpretation 501-1 and FAC 61H1-23 and guidelines for advertising, solicitations, use of names and responsibilities for others
- Future implications of CPAs and ethics
All Florida CPA licensees
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
$154 FICPA Members, $219 Non-Members
Take advantage of the Early Bird Price - Register more than 10 days before the course date. Early Bird pricing does not apply to Chapter events.