CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
This year will bring a significant change to the tax environment, requiring sound planning in 2013 for individual clients to combat. This highly informative course responds to the latest in tax law developments, including discussions of the planning opportunities available to your individual tax clients. This up-to-date knowledge will enable you to further discuss new developments and tax-saving ideas applicable to your clients and their growing needs in light of post-election developments.
|Thursday, December 05, 2013
|8:15am - 4:45pm (Registration at 7:45am )
|West Palm Beach
|West Palm Beach Marriott, W Palm Beach
|8 Technical Business
James A. Vastarelli
|Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC
Participants will be able to understand strategies and tactics to use in light of tax rates; understand the most current guidance on retirement planning and Social Security and understand how to nail down valuable deductions and other reductions to the tax base
- Impact of tax rate changes on individuals under tax reform
- Social Security: will there be reform? Planning strategies for benefits. When is the best time to start?
- New tax on net investment income: planning to avoid the pitfalls
- Health care reform: what to do in 2013
- Schedule E rental real estate and other investments
- New cost basis reporting for securities
- Changing rules in depreciation and expensing capital
- Retirement planning strategies: qualified plans and IRAs, traditional and Roth
- Practice aids, including 2013 inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates and more
- Complete coverage of all the latest IRS rulings and procedures affecting individuals in general, along with an up-to-date summary of the most important tax court decisions and tax law changes in this area
- Other late-breaking tax law changes
- The Supreme Court DOMA decision: what it means for income tax rates, estate planning, Social Security, withholding, and other issues; open issues and questions.
All tax practitioners, both those working in public accounting as well as those in private industry, who need the latest information on tax changes affecting their individual clients
Experience in individual tax planning
Qualifies for CFP credit
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
$250 FICPA Members, $375 Non-Members
Take advantage of the Early Bird Price - Register more than 10 days before the course date. Early Bird pricing does not apply to Chapter events.