CLOSED - Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (850) 224-2727 or (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
Both business and individual clients will be affected by all of the tax changes set to occur in 2013, requiring that the tax advisor engage in extensive tax planning. Not only will you be updated on the most important tax issues that require your attention, but this course will also review the major trends and changes in the case and regulatory law. Included is full coverage of all tax changes together with continuing coverage of health care and estate and gift tax reform.
|Friday, November 15, 2013
|8:15am - 4:45pm (Registration at 7:45am )
|Embassy Suites Boca Raton, Boca Raton
|8 Technical Business
|Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC
Participants will be able to understand strategies and techniques to use in light of tax rate changes; understand what pass-throughs can do in light of health care and tax rate changes and understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
- How the changes in tax rates affect tax planning for individuals and businesses
- New tax on net investment income: planning to avoid the pitfalls
- Retirement plans: the best planning strategy?
- Capital gains: what tax rates apply
- Historic low interest rates: tax strategies clients should consider: how long will they remain low?
- How health care reform impacts income tax planning now and in later years
- Estate planning: current strategies
- Does the gift tax exclusion promote income shifting?
- Travel and entertainment: overlooked and overused?
- Substantiation: the Service's attack on record-keeping
- Other late-breaking tax law changes
- Practice aids, including the 2013 inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates and more
- Recent developments with business entities, including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Review of the year's most important tax cases, revenue rulings, PLRs, etc.
- The Supreme Court DOMA decision: what it means for income tax rates, estate planning, Social Security, withholding, and other issues; open issues and questions.
CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice
Experience with individual and business clients
Qualifies for CFP credit
FICPA Seminar EZMaterials! Instead of picking up paper manuals at the event, you’ll be able to download the EZMaterials as searchable PDFs to your laptop, tablet or other device seven days before the event. For an additional fee you may choose to purchase a hardcopy of the seminar manuals. If requested during registration at least eight days prior to the course, your hardcopy will be available for pickup at the event. Click here for more information.
$250 FICPA Members, $375 Non-Members
Take advantage of the Early Bird Price - Register more than 10 days before the course date. Early Bird pricing does not apply to Chapter events.