Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR RECEIVE AWARD. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF RECEIVING AN AWARD.
Every registered team member must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a Florida college or university, and at least fifty percent of members on each team must be current FICPA student members as of date of entry to be eligible to enter. Team members who are not at least eighteen (18) years old must obtain his or her parent or legal guardian's written consent to be eligible to receive any award in this Contest.
The Florida Department of Professional Regulation (DBPR) and the Florida Institute of CPAs (FICPA), are the contest Sponsors (Sponsors) and reserve the right to cancel or modify this Contest at their sole discretion in the event an insufficient number of submissions are received that meet the minimum judging criteria. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled video submissions (Submissions), which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed Submissions are eligible.
Faculty and staff are not eligible to enter as team members. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsors and Sponsor subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate.
Registration of all team members must be complete by
11:59 p.m. Oct. 1, 2012 EST. Deadline extended to Oct. 10, 2012, 11:50 p.m. EST.
No Team Captain changes or substitutions will be allowed. Only team members and Team Captains at the time of registration are eligible to receive an award. If any Team member, including the Team Captain, is deemed to be ineligible, the entire Team will also be ineligible to participate in the Contest and the Team will be disqualified.
All team members must have a valid email address and provide same upon registration.
The computer clock of Sponsor's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest.
- A team's primary contact (Team Captain) must be an accounting major with an FICPA student membership. Membership is free and takes just a few minutes: http://www.ficpa.org/public/join/MemberApp.aspx#student
- At least fifty percent of a team's contestants must currently be accounting majors with FICPA student memberships. (see link above) People who appear in the video are not required to be on the team, but must complete the online video release form.
- Only officially registered team members are eligible for contest awards (see “Awards” below).
- Contestants must complete the online entry and video release forms (see “Deadlines” below).
- Individuals may not be on more than one team.
- Teams may include up to six members.
- Teams must register by 11:59 p.m. Oct. 1, 2012 (Online registration form here.)
- Teams consisting of less than 50 percent accounting majors who are FICPA student members will be disqualified.
- Videos must be 30 seconds in length.
- Videos must inform and educate the public that (1) certified public accounting is a regulated profession with requirements of licensure pursuant to Florida Statutes; (2) unlicensed activity is illegal and potentially dangerous to the public; and (3) certain services may only be performed by a licensed certified public accountant.
- Content may not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless contestants have signed permission from the rightful owner of the material. Guidelines are available from YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/t/copyright_what_is.
- Videos must be in mpeg, mp4, mov, avi, or wmv with a file size of less than 50MB.
- Teams can submit more than one video; however, it is required they complete separate video release forms for each video. The video release form can be found here: http://www.ficpa.org/Content/Files/Docs/Contests/2012/Impostulators_video-release-form.pdf
- Videos containing inappropriate language or content will not be accepted.
- All submissions must be made in English or Spanish.
- Videos will be accepted from Sept. 24, 2012 through 11:59 p.m. (EST), Nov. 12, 2012.
- Voting on the video projects will be conducted in two phases:
- The first phase of voting will be conducted by a panel of judges according to the judging criteria set forth below. The top video selections as selected by the panel of judges will advance to the second phase.
- The second phase will consist of public voting on the FICPA website. The videos receiving the most votes will win the contest. In the event of a tie, the panel judges will determine the winner(s). Limit one vote per IP address.
Judging Criteria for First Phase
- Content (30%)
(Extent to which the video Submission demonstrates clear understanding of the issue of unlicensed activity)
- Persuasiveness (30%)
(Extent to which an argument is succinct, complete and highly compelling – see video requirement, second bullet above)
- Creativity (25%)
(Extent to which ideas are novel and fully integrated into the Submission)
- Technical Quality (10%)
(Degree of audio and visual clarity)
- References (5%)
(Refers the viewer to additional information)
Judging Criteria for Second Phase
- Popular Vote – calculated by placement in the popular voting period. In the event of a tie, the panel judges will determine the winner(s).
- Grand Prize - $1,000 to winning team and $350 to team Captain's school.
- Second Prize - $500 to second place team and $250 to team Captain's school.
- Third Prize - $250 to third place team and $150 to team Captain's school.
*Winnings maybe subject to Form 1099.
All cash award amounts are per Team and will be divided equally per Team member by Sponsors. All taxes and otherwise unspecified expenses are the responsibility of each recipient. The identities of all award recipients must be verified and all required documentation must be received before any award will be distributed. Awards will be made in the form of a check made payable to each student entrant on the respective winning team. School awards will be made in the form of a check made payable to the accounting program for the school attended by the respective winning team's Captain. Awards are non-transferrable, no substitutions or cash redemptions.
Team Captains of finalist Teams will be notified by email on or about Nov. 21, 2012. Team Captains of award winning Teams will be notified by email on or about Jan. 7, 2013. If any potential award recipient cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, or if any award or award notification is returned as undeliverable, or if any Finalist or potential award recipient rejects his/her opportunity to progress in the contest or award, as applicable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and requirements, such position and/or award will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score, as applicable, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Upon such position or award forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Sept. 10, 2012 - Contest begins; team registration open.
- Sept. 24, 2012 - Video upload portal live.
Oct. 1, 2012 - Deadline for teams to register. (11:59 p.m. EST) Deadline extended to Oct. 10, 2012, 11:50 p.m. EST.
- Nov. 12, 2012 - Deadline to submit videos. (11:59 p.m EST)
- Nov. 15–20, 2012 - Judges voting.
- Nov. 26–Dec. 14, 2012 - Public viewing and voting. (Voting ends 11:59 p.m EST Dec. 14, 2012)
- Jan. 7, 2013 - Announcement of contest winners.
- Winning videos used in the 2013 Florida DBPR unlicensed activity public awareness campaign.
By participating, all participants and award recipients agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their affiliates, partners, judges, and any other entities involved in administering this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of award or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action (including any claim related to “moral rights”).
Participants and team members who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsors are not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any award cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism or any other reason beyond Sponsor's control.
Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in these Official Rules is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of participation are permitted. The Contest Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information, failed garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to participate in the Contest.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should any virus, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsors may select winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by Sponsors. Sponsors may prohibit a participant from participating in the Contest or receiving an award if, in their sole discretion, they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other team members or Sponsors representatives.
The parties waive all rights to jury trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida.
If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
List of Award Recipients
To obtain a list of award recipients, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 1, 2013 to: Jan Dobson, 2012 “Impostulators” Student Video Contest, 325 W. College Avenue, Tallahassee, FL 32301.