FICPA VFALS-Section Steering Committee Agenda - January 12, 2012

Printer Friendly
Text Size: A A A A
image description

FICPA VFALS-Section Steering Committee Agenda
Thursday, January 12, 2012
9:00am-10:00 am

1. Introduction

2. Status of Section - Statistics of Number of Members / Any Statistics of Listserve and Website Traffic - Stephanie Thomas

3. Re-Engage Goals of Strategic Plan - Arlene Ravalo-Jao

  • Cross-reference/bibliography for specific areas on topics that are mirroring website areas - Arlene Ravalo-Jao
  • LinkedIn - to vote and if approved follow-up with Jonathan Gorman
  • Florida Bar update
  • VFALS Leadership Development Plan  - Resource Council Plan involvement: David Isley and Paul Dumm

4. FICPA VFALS Conference - Evaluations for April/May 2012 

5. New business

Minutes:

Attendance: Marcie Bour, Sandy Perez, Scott Steadman, Arlene Ravalo-Jao, Paul Dumm, David Isley
Staff: Stephanie Thomas

Arlene opened the meeting listing her goals for the section for the remainder of the year. 

The section has increases its membership slightly since our July meeting. 
LC Section Website Stats from Jan. 11, 2011 – Jan. 11, 2012

Landing page
Page views: 102
Unique views: 71
News Pages
Page views: 87
Unique views: 70
Member Directory:
Page views: 24
Unique views: 19
Tools:
Page views: 26
Unique views: 18

The group discussed that the list-serve activity has been slow and  discussed if some activity goal should be set, or if the list serv should continue to run on its on steam with periodic activity.   The group agreed not to use the activity postings in the list serve as a measure of success of the section.  Arlene will follow up with Robin about an informative post letting everyone know that the list serv is available for their use.

Finally, some members  expressed a concern about the sensitivity of the items that had been posted on the list serv. 

Arlene outlined the 4 goals from the Strategic Plan that she would like to achieve before the conclusion of the year:

  • The group discussed at length the cross-reference bibliography of past conference available to section members.  The only items on the listing would be topics and speakers, no presentations would be shared at this site.  Staff will work with Web Services to decide the best placement for the list.  Arlene will compile the listing.

  • LinkedIn in was discussed as an option for the Section.  A concern was discussed about the control the group would have; without a monitor from FICPA.  Several concerns were discussed.  Staff will talk with Lynn Hepner and the FICPA group that has a LinkedIn account and report to the committee their successes and challenges for discussion at the next conference call.

  • Florida Bar Update-Arlene attempted to get an update, but received very little information as to their activity since she reported at the July meeting.  She will follow-up with the chair of that committee to see if any more information can be obtained.

  • Chair asked if Paul and David will work together to create and outline of a leadership plan.  Both members agreed to work to this goal.

The chair and committee offered congratulations to the conference planning committee chair for a successful conference.  Staff will provide a report of the evaluations as soon as they are completed. 

The committee further discussed the structure and procedures of the planning of the January 2013 conference.  The Steering Committee will establish guidance for the conference planning committee to use during the planning process.  Marcie will draft suggested procedures with assistance of Sandi and Paul.  They will present the draft  to the steering committee and when finalized, share with the conference planning committee prior to the planning meeting in the summer of 2012.

No new business.

Meeting adjourned. 

Next meeting: February 2, 2012

LAST UPDATED 3/4/2012