Outlook 2007 allows you to subscribe to RSS feeds. If you want to transfer the subscriptions from your current feed reader (or Internet Explorer) to Outlook, you can easily do this with the help of an OPML file.
- Go to your current feed reader (Internet Explorer, Google Reader, etc.) and find the necessary instructions for exporting the OPML file. (For example, in Internet Explorer, go to the menu, select File and click Import and Export. Click Next and select Export Feeds. Input an appropriate file name, click Next and then click finish)
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Go to the left pane, under Mail Folders, and right-click RSS Feeds. Select Import an OPML File.
- Browse to the recently exported OPML File and click the Open button.
- Click the Next button.
- Use the checkboxes to select the feeds you wish to subscribe to. If you want all of them, click the Select All button.
- Click Next.
- You will see a list of feeds that were added to Outlook, click the Finish button.
LAST UPDATED 11/12/2008