Google calendar is here. Importing from a CSV or iCal file is easy enough.
What to import your schedule from outlook into Google calendar? Actually importing from any CSV or iCAL file is very easy.
Here is the tutorial to go from Outlook to Google Calendar:
- Open Outlook
- Click File menu
- Click Import and Export
- Click Export to a file
- Click Comma Separated Values (DOS)
- You may be required to install the possible translator here. Just follow the directions on the screen.
- Select folder to export from: Calendar
- Browse, name, and save the file some place easy to find it. (Desktop)
- Click Next
- On the follow actions will be performed screen click the Finish button.
- Allow the export to perform
- Open Google Calendar
- Click Settings link in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Click the Import Calendar link under Calendar settings
- Click the Browse button and select your exported file
- Choose your calendar
- Click Import and wait. It may take a bit.
- It'll tell you when it's done!!!
Congratulations. Your outlook calendar is now exported to Google calendar!
This Tech Tip is brought to you by the Business and Technology Section ... IT solutions for today's CPAs. For more information and to view an archive of previous Tech Tips, please visit us here
Do you have specific topics you would like to see covered in Tech Tips? Email any suggestions to email@example.com.
LAST UPDATED 6/10/2010