In this area you will find an archive of the most recent top stories featured on the home page of the FICPA Web site that we felt were informative enough to store for your future reference.
October 13, 2016Hurricane Relief
- Hurricane Matthew began threatening Florida on or around October 5. The FICPA provides the following timeline and disaster recovery information to assist Florida CPAs and taxpayers in recovery in the aftermath of this powerful hurricane. Check...
March 24, 2016A&A Requirements Survey
- Please Take the FICPA Survey The FICPA Board of Governors recently discussed an FICPA chapter recommendation that the FICPA pursue a statutory change allowing an alternative to the minimum requirement for 20 hours of Accounting and Auditing (A&A)...
December 2, 2015U.S. private employers step up hiring; productivity revised up
- U.S. private employers boosted hiring in November, signaling job growth is likely strong enough to support the first Federal Reserve interest rate hike in nearly a decade when policymakers meet later this month.
The ADP National Employment...
November 5, 2015Proposal Would Create New Status For Retired CPAs
- A new, uniform “Retired-CPA” status would be created under a proposal issued this week by the boards of directors of the AICPA and the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). - See more at:...
June 18, 2015Governor Rick Scott Appoints Patrick T. Hogan to Board of Directors of Florida ABLE, Inc.
- Today, Governor Rick Scott announced the appointment of Patrick T. Hogan to the Board of Directors of Florida ABLE, Inc.
Hogan, 47, of Bradenton, is the managing shareholder of Hogan Legal Services. He is currently a member of the Florida...
February 11, 2015CPA Firm Administrators Wear Many Hats
- Thirty-five years ago, Celia Cue was the first hire at Miami CPA firm Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants. During those early years, Celia did a little bit of everything while serving as administrative assistant to firm CEO Richard...
January 13, 2015Retirement: What The New Congress Has In Store
- Exactly what do they have in store for older Americans and retirees?
Are changes to Social Security and Medicare on the table, as some activists wonder? And, are changes in store for the tax advantages of our retirement savings accounts, like...