CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
September 09, 2014MBAF's Manuel E. Pravia Named As A Director Of Alpha Kappa Psi Foundation
- Manuel E. Pravia , CPA, a principal in the Tax and Accounting Department at nationally recognized public accounting firm Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLC ( MBAF ), was recently named as a director of the Alpha Kappa Psi Foundation. Pravia...
September 09, 2014HBK Recognizes Team Members Firm-wide
- HBK CPAs & Consultants is pleased to announce the promotions of twelve team members throughout the firm’s service areas in four states. In Ohio, Janine Horvat, who works in the Youngstown office, has been promoted to Senior Manager while...
September 09, 2014What Is The Perfect Asset Allocation?
- It's amazing how much time is devoted to this subject in the financial media. Everyone seems to be trying to answer to the question: how do I get the most return for the least amount of volatility? The problem with that question is there is no...
September 07, 2014Jim LaHam Envisions A Regal King Center
- Jim LaHam sees a horizon filled with possibilities.
"Dreams can come true," he says. "Good times are ahead of us."
A friendly man with a ready smile, LaHam is tax partner at Berman Hopkins Wright & LaHam, CPAs and Associates. He was recently...
September 05, 2014Business Briefs
- Island Financial Services Inc.
celebrates 40 years in business
Island Financial Services Inc. is celebrating its 40th anniversary of being in business in Southwest Florida. The company includes accounting, tax preparation, 1031 Exchanges and...
September 04, 2014MBAF Adds David P. Rosenbaum As Principal In Tax And Accounting Department
- David P. Rosenbaum, CPA, has joined nationally recognized public accounting firm Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLC ( MBAF ) as a principal in the Tax and Accounting Department. Rosenbaum will be based in the firm’s Miami office. The...
September 04, 2014Stroemer & Company Ranked As A Top Accounting Firm In South Florida
- Stroemer & Company ranked #17 on the South Florida Business Journal's list of the region's top accounting firm's by South Florida billings. The Journal annually conducts surveys to create the "Book of Lists" which provides listings of hundreds of...
September 03, 2014New Patrick Murphy Ad Touts CPA Experience to Fix Problems in Congress
- In his latest campaign ad, U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy draws on his experience as a Certified Public Accountant as providing the know-how necessary to reign in federal spending and cut unnecessary Congressional perks.
September 03, 2014Brent Burns, Jorge Gonzalez, Kim Magner Promoted at JM Family Enterprises
- JM Family Enterprises in Deerfield Beach has announced three executive-level promotions: Brent Burns, Jorge Gonzalez and Kim Magner.
September 03, 2014Denise Gillman Godwin Promoted
- Bloomer, Geri & Company, CPAs is proud to announce the promotion of Denise Gillman Godwin to Accounting Manager. Denise joined Bloomer, Geri in August 2011 as Accounting Supervisor. Denise is extremely experienced in financial analysis, financial...
September 03, 2014CPA firm Averett Warmus Durkee Recognized as “Best Company to Work For”
- Orlando and Central Florida; August 2014 – Averett Warmus Durkee (AWD), Central Florida-based accountants well-known within the vacation ownership/timeshare industry for providing assurance, accounting and tax compliance services, was...
September 02, 2014Reynell Obtains Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Credential
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants , is pleased to announce Matt Reynell, CPA, has obtained the Certified Management Accountant (CMA®) credential by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA®). Certification is an...
August 31, 2014Futures Foundation Names New Officers
- FUTURES Foundation for Volusia County Schools is announced its 2014-15 officers: President Bradley Giles of Giles Electric Company, President-Elect Linda Bradley Thacker of the University of Central Florida, Vice President John Guthrie of Halifax...
August 29, 2014Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Welcomes Stephen Andrews, CPA and Myles Rankin, CPA to Tax Services Department
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, welcomes Stephen Andrews and Myles Rankin to the Tax Services Department. Stephen has over four years of experience with tax...
August 29, 2014Top Atlanta CPA firm stakes Tampa beachhead with local acquisition
- Frazier & Deeter, one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation, is ready to do business in Tampa Bay.
The Atlanta firm has acquired Tampa CPA firm Kingery & Crouse. Financial terms were not disclosed.
August 28, 2014CPA Barry E. Mukamal, Kapilamukamal Receives Certified Insolvency And Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) Designation
- Barry E. Mukamal, CPA, Co-Managing Partner of KapilaMukamal, LLP, resident in the firm’s Miami office, a boutique firm providing fiduciary and insolvency services including restructuring, forensic & investigative consulting, has been...
August 28, 2014AICPA Announces 2014 Accounting Scholars Leadership Workshop Graduates
- The American Institute of CPAs is pleased to announce the 2014 Accounting Scholars Leadership Workshop (ASLW) graduating class. The 114 students selected for the Workshop successfully completed the two-day program, which strengthened their...
August 28, 2014Health Planning Council names CEO
- JACKSONVILLE — Effective Sept. 2, Deanna McDonald will assume responsibility as the chief executive officer of the Health Planning Council of Northeast Florida. The not-for-profit organization she will lead provides health information and...
August 27, 2014James Moore Receives The Daytona Beach News-journal's Readers' Choice Award
- James Moore, Certified Public
is pleased to announce
Daytona Beach News
Readers’ Choice Award for
August 27, 2014A-lign Senior Consultant, Ivan Reyes, to Present at the FICPA 29th Annual Accounting Show
- The presentation, which covers the internal control issues when using the cloud, will focus on the new COSO Report and how it has been updated to include the technological advances in business practices, including the leap to the cloud for both...
August 27, 2014James Moore Is Celebrating Its 50th Anniversary!
Moore, Certified Public
is pleased to announce
that the firm is celebrating its 50
nniversary by giving back to
August 26, 2014Kerkering Barberio Member Selected for Leadership Sarasota
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants is pleased to announce that Chris Wailand, CPA/CFE/ABV, has been selected to participate in the 2014-2015 Leadership Sarasota County Program. Offered by The Greater Sarasota Chamber of...
August 26, 2014Governor Rick Scott Appoints Three to Brevard County Housing Authority
- Today, Governor Rick Scott announced three appointments to the Brevard County Housing Authority. Martin Hindsley, of Satellite Beach, is a retired director of retail marketing for the NCR Corporation. He fills a vacant seat and is appointed for a...
August 26, 2014McDonald holds off Martinez in the District 5 GOP primary for Mosquito Control
- Certified public accountant Thomas McDonald of Tavernier won the Republican primary for District 5 on the Florida Keys Mosquito Control Board Tuesday, sending surveyor Eddie Martinez of Key Largo packing.
McDonald got 3,272 votes (70.43 percent)...
August 26, 2014Sarasota County Commission: Caragiulo and Maio win primaries
- The front-runners to fill both openings on the Sarasota County Commission comfortably advanced Tuesday, riding superior funding and developers’ backing to trump their rivals in the Republican primary.
Sarasota city Commissioner Paul...