CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
August 29, 2014Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Welcomes Stephen Andrews, CPA and Myles Rankin, CPA to Tax Services Department
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, welcomes Stephen Andrews and Myles Rankin to the Tax Services Department. Stephen has over four years of experience with tax...
August 28, 2014CPA Barry E. Mukamal, Kapilamukamal Receives Certified Insolvency And Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) Designation
- Barry E. Mukamal, CPA, Co-Managing Partner of KapilaMukamal, LLP, resident in the firm’s Miami office, a boutique firm providing fiduciary and insolvency services including restructuring, forensic & investigative consulting, has been...
August 28, 2014Health Planning Council names CEO
- JACKSONVILLE — Effective Sept. 2, Deanna McDonald will assume responsibility as the chief executive officer of the Health Planning Council of Northeast Florida. The not-for-profit organization she will lead provides health information and...
August 27, 2014James Moore Receives The Daytona Beach News-journal's Readers' Choice Award
- James Moore, Certified Public
is pleased to announce
Daytona Beach News
Readers’ Choice Award for
August 27, 2014A-lign Senior Consultant, Ivan Reyes, to Present at the FICPA 29th Annual Accounting Show
- The presentation, which covers the internal control issues when using the cloud, will focus on the new COSO Report and how it has been updated to include the technological advances in business practices, including the leap to the cloud for both...
August 26, 2014Kerkering Barberio Member Selected for Leadership Sarasota
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants is pleased to announce that Chris Wailand, CPA/CFE/ABV, has been selected to participate in the 2014-2015 Leadership Sarasota County Program. Offered by The Greater Sarasota Chamber of...
August 26, 2014Governor Rick Scott Appoints Three to Brevard County Housing Authority
- Today, Governor Rick Scott announced three appointments to the Brevard County Housing Authority. Martin Hindsley, of Satellite Beach, is a retired director of retail marketing for the NCR Corporation. He fills a vacant seat and is appointed for a...
August 26, 2014McDonald holds off Martinez in the District 5 GOP primary for Mosquito Control
- Certified public accountant Thomas McDonald of Tavernier won the Republican primary for District 5 on the Florida Keys Mosquito Control Board Tuesday, sending surveyor Eddie Martinez of Key Largo packing.
McDonald got 3,272 votes (70.43 percent)...
August 26, 2014Sarasota County Commission: Caragiulo and Maio win primaries
- The front-runners to fill both openings on the Sarasota County Commission comfortably advanced Tuesday, riding superior funding and developers’ backing to trump their rivals in the Republican primary.
Sarasota city Commissioner Paul...
August 25, 2014Tim Howe Joins Smith & Howard
- Smith & Howard announced this week that Tim Howe has joined the firm as a Senior Manager in the firm’s State and Local Tax (SALT) Group. Tim will lead the Sales & Use Tax efforts of the SALT practice and brings a wealth of experience in...
August 24, 2014Business people on the move in Palm Beach County
- Caler, Donten, Levine, Cohen, Porter & Veil Certified Public Accountants in West Palm Beach announced that the following people have been promoted: Martin Woods to tax senior manager; John Dingle and Chris Micolucci to audit supervisor; Lindsay...
August 23, 2014Kenneth Jarvis PLLC
- The local certified public accounting, tax and consulting firm moved because it had outgrown its old offices.
“We are very excited to expand our business and remain in the Bradenton area,” said Jarvis, managing member and...
August 22, 2014Candidates - Port Orange
- Volusia County Council At Large
Pat Northey has served on the Volusia County Council for the past eight years as District 5 representative.
Mrs. Northey has been a Volusia County resident since 1974. She earned a bachelor's degree in business...
August 22, 2014Junior League of Miami welcomes new president
- Since Marry Harriman founded the Junior League in New York in 1901, the non-profit organization has worked to educate women so that they can stand for themselves and help their communities thrive.
Many things have changed at the Junior League in...
August 22, 2014Talamo earns Certified Senior Advisor certification
- Kelly Talamo, staff accountant at Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA, Certified Public Accountants & Business Consultants, recently earned her Certified Senior Advisor® certification from the Society of Certified Senior Advisor Certification...
August 20, 2014James Grainger Joins Pribramsky & Company CPAs
- Islamorada: Pribramsky & Company CPAs announces
James D. Grainger has joined the firm as Director of Quality Control and
August 19, 2014James Moore Welcomes Eight New Hires
- James Moore, Certified Public
is pleased to
Stacy Dreher, Kathleen J
Samantha Lussier, Eileen
Maxwell, Daniel Roccanti, and Josh Van
Zandt to the...
August 18, 2014Moore Stephens Lovelace Announces Three Promotions in the Orlando Office
- Moore Stephens Lovelace (“MSL”), a regional certified public accounting and business advisory services firm, today announced several promotions within the company’s audit services team. Ehab Azer, CPA, has been promoted to Audit...
August 16, 2014Campaign Money Reveals Possible Factions in Port Orange
- A review of campaign finance reports for council candidates reveals potential factions in a city already divided in its day-to-day operations as well as a pair of possible violations by two candidates who say they are taking corrective action to...
August 15, 2014WellCare hiring Aetna executive as CFO
- WellCare Health Plans Inc. announced today that Andrew “Drew” Asher will join the company as senior vice president, effective Aug. 29. He is expected to be appointed as chief financial officer by the board of directors in November...
August 15, 2014Three Vie for District 4 School Board Seat
- Three candidates, all with education backgrounds, are competing to represent the Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor and Safety Harbor area on the Pinellas County School Board.
The candidates emerged quickly after board member Robin Wikle announced in...
August 15, 2014Tampa CPA's Book Makes Amazon's Best Sellers List
- TAMPA – When Bill Cummings enrolled at the University of South Florida, he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do with his life. He certainly never figured he'd be a best-selling author.
Back at USF he decided to major in finance because...
August 15, 2014CPA by Day, Drag Racer After Work
- ELMHURST, ILL. – Drag racing, says Bruce Jones, is like being shot out of a cannon. Jones, a CPA whose day job is a managing partner at Porte Brown in Elk Grove Village, says it's all about the adrenaline."I love drag racing because of the...
August 15, 2014Volusia Council's District 1 Race Is Crowded, Calm So Far
- The most crowded political race for a Volusia County Council seat this year is in District 1, the big west-side district that at last count was home to slightly more residents than any other. But this four-horse race in West Volusia has also been...
August 15, 2014New Stewart-Marchman-Act CEO Named
- DAYTONA BEACH – A veteran Stewart-Marchman-Act Behavioral Healthcare executive will take over as CEO effective Jan. 1. Ivan A. Cosimi II, 48, a certified public accountant, has served as chief financial officer since 1998 for the...