CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
November 25, 2014CPA Firm Provides Thanksgiving Meal to PACE Center for Girls
- FORT MYERS – Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA, Certified Public Accountants & Business Consultants employees recently provided PACE Center for Girls staff, volunteers and students a home-cooked Thanksgiving lunch at their new school location...
November 25, 2014Kerkering, Barberio & Co. Hires Brandon Powers
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, has hired Brandon Powers as a manager in the tax division.
Powers has bachelor's degree in accounting from Transylvania University in Lexington, Kentucky, and a master's in taxation from...
November 24, 2014Wayne Sumlin, CPA to Join Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund
- Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund is pleased to announce that Wayne Sumlin, CPA will be merging with the Firm effective January 1, 2014.
Wayne Sumlin will be joining the Pensacola office as a shareholder along with five of his current employees....
November 20, 2014Joshua Rader, CPA, Named Partner at Appelrouth Farah & Co.
- Joshua Rader, CPA, has been named Partner at Appelrouth Farah & Co. Mr. Rader will lead the firm’s audit and assurance practice, and also continue his development of the firm’s tax and business advisory services. He is a Certified...
November 19, 2014Michael Balter Joins Marcum LLP as Partner-in-Charge of Florida Region
- Michael Balter, CPA, has joined national accounting firm Marcum LLP as Partner-in-Charge of its Florida Region. He additionally serves as Partner-in-Charge of Assurance Services for the Florida Region and also has joined the Firm’s...
November 19, 2014Yip Associates Expands Firm Into Boca Raton, Florida
- YIP ASSOCIATES, a consulting firm offering forensic accounting including expert witness testimony, fiduciary and insolvency services, tax services, and business valuation, headquartered in Miami, Florida, announces its latest expansion with the...
November 19, 2014Ronald Jackson named Chairman of the Board of Directors of PKF North America for 2015
- Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund is pleased to announce that Ronald Jackson has been named Chairman of the Board of Directors of PKF North America for 2015. “'We rely on the talented leaders on our board for direction and vision as we strive to...
November 18, 2014Shivam Jadeja of Morrison Valuation & Forensic Services Earns CFE Credential
- The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), the world’s largest anti-fraud organization, is pleased to award Shivam Jadeja, of Orlando, Florida, the globally preferred Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential. In order to become a...
November 18, 2014CPAConnect Announces Chair and Vice Chair for 2015 Advisory Committee
, managing partner of
Kasperski Owen & Dinan
, managing partner of
Gordon & Associates, PA, CPAs
lected to serve...
November 18, 2014Lured By Warm Beds And Hot Food, Homeless Make Their Way To Area Shelters
- Jeff Slone was drinking coffee at a Burger King in Brandon on Tuesday morning when he heard the news: Temperatures would drop into the 30s overnight.
He knew then where he would be by nightfall: Sadie Park Recreation Center in Brandon, which...
November 18, 2014Moore Stephens Lovelace Announces Relocation to Downtown Orlando in 2015
- Moore Stephens Lovelace (“MSL”),
a regional certified public accounting and business advisory services firm,
announced today that it will relocate its Central Florida practice office and
its corporate headquarters to downtown...
November 17, 2014Berkowitz Pollack Brant Honored with Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Pyramid Award
- Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants has been honored with Inside Public Accounting’s Pyramid Award. The accounting industry publication honors 50 firms in the country with the Best of the Best ranking each year. Three of these...
November 17, 2014BriersCPA Expands To 5th Avenue South In Naples, Florida To Accommodate Growth
- BriersCPA, P.A., a certified public accounting and business consulting firm headquartered in Bonita Springs, Florida, announced today that it has expanded into Collier County by adding a second office located at 500 5th Avenue South, Suite...
November 16, 2014Monday Profile: Ex-Chamber Head Happy To Help Businesses Grow
- When Steve Crisman began his year as chairman of the Winter Haven Chamber of Commerce in October 2013, few around him knew about the health crisis he was confronting.
November 14, 2014Daniel Bengio Certified As Acceptance Agent
- Gilman Ciocia, Inc. would like to announce that Daniel Bengio, CPA,
in the Aventura, FL office has been certified as an Acceptance Agent by the
Internal Revenue Service. Daniel is now authorized to act on behalf of
alien individuals and other...
November 12, 2014CliftonLarsonAllen Announces Staff Promotions in Southwest Florida Office
- CliftonLarsonAllen is pleased to announce career milestones for 3 of our professionals in our Southwest Florida offices, Fort Myers and Naples. The following individuals have been promoted and have new titles:Brian Stockman, Manager, Commercial...
November 11, 2014Why This Could Be The Biggest Ribfest Ever
- There was the time Tom Whiteman was pulled onstage to take a bow alongside Bad Company singer Paul Rodgers, who had arranged for a bandmate to capture the moment on film. A few weeks later, the photo appeared in Whiteman's mailbox, autographed by...
November 11, 2014Movers and Shakers: Shinn & Company CPA Firm Announces Three New Team Members
- Shinn & Company, CPA Firm is pleased to announce that Nicola Peterson, CPA, CFE, Marsha Weisse, CPA and Donna Henson, CPA, CFE, CISA, have joined the firm effective October 2014.
Nicola Peterson, CPA, CFE
Nicola is Audit Principal at Shinn,...
November 10, 2014 Thomas Casey Named Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer for Acelity
- Acelity L.P. Inc. announced today the appointment of Thomas Casey, a well-respected financial leader, as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
Tom brings to Acelity 30 years of financial accounting, reporting, planning and...
November 07, 2014Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company Adds Bookkeeping Professional
- Markham Norton Mosteller Wright
& Company, P.A. announces the addition of Debbi Lindsey as a member of the
firm’s bookkeeping team. Lindsey has over fifteen years of bookkeeping, payroll
and human resources experience as a small...
November 07, 2014Schandel Switches Gears at NASCAR
- NASCAR, headquartered in Daytona Beach, Fla., has announced that Susan Schandel was promoted to senior vice president and chief human accounting officer, leading the finance and accounting functions of NASCAR, NASCAR Media Group, and United...
November 06, 2014MBAF's Justin Sroka Elected Treasurer Of Artserve
- Justin Sroka, CPA, manager in the Audit Department at nationally recognized public accounting firm Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLC ( MBAF ), has been elected treasurer of ArtServe in Fort Lauderdale. ArtServe empowers local artists and...
November 06, 2014UNITE Award Finalists Announced
- Five finalists have made it to the final round of judging for the 2015 UNITE (Uniting Nonprofits In Teaming for Excellence) Award. Established by Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA and supported by the Southwest Florida Community Foundation, the...
November 05, 2014Lakeland Utility Committee Member Named
- A local accountant will replace Steven Wade on Lakeland Electric's Utility Committee.
City Manager Doug Thomas appointed Daryl Johnson for a three-year term, said Kevin Cook, a spokesman with the city. Commissioners voted 7-0 Monday to approve...
November 05, 2014Forrester Accepted Into The Partnership Of James Moore
- James Moore, Certified Public
to congratulate Jennifer Forrester, CPA for her admission into the partnership.