CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
March 27, 2015Law Firm Names New Partner
- The law firm of Cardillo, Keith & Bonaquist, P.A., announced that John Thomas Cardillo has been named a partner in the firm. Cardillo’s areas of practice include wills, trusts, probate, probate litigation, elder law and general trial...
March 27, 2015Wellington Chamber Welcomes Johnny Meier As President
- The Wellington Chamber of Commerce swore in its 2015-16 executive board members and directors during a luncheon at the Wanderers Club on Wednesday, welcoming Johnny Meier of My Community Pharmacy as the chamber’s new president.
March 27, 2015Corporate Report
- Terra Nova Transcription hires new chief operating officer
Terra Nova Transcription, which has offices in both Tampa and St. John’s, Newfoundland, appointed Steve Sanchez of Miami its new chief operating officer. He will be responsible for...
March 26, 2015Leslea Ellis LLC Celebrates 2 Year Anniversary
- March 25th marked the two-year anniversary of
Leslea Ellis LLC’s service to the community. The CPA firm provides tax
preparation, accounting and bookkeeping, as well as fraud examination, forensic
accounting and litigation support. ...
March 25, 2015Jesse Speltz Joins DHG Private Equity as National Business Development Executive
has joined DHG as a National Business
Development Executive for the firm's national Private Equity practice.
than 25 years of professional experience...
March 25, 2015Upcoming Arts and Entertainment (beginning April 1)
- Wednesday Night Concert Series
Listen to a free concert with the music of Hotel California from 7-9 p.m. April 1 Events Plaza at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin.
• April 8: Blues Brothers
• April 15: The Return
• April 22: Walt Wise
• April 29:...
March 24, 2015CPA Scott R. Karp Joins Yip Associates
- Yip Associates, a consulting firm with offices in
Miami, Boca Raton and New York specializing in forensic accounting, financial
investigations, litigation support, valuations, bankruptcy tax consulting,
bankruptcy consulting, receiverships and...
March 24, 2015Davis & Associates Offers International Tax & Consulting Services Department
- Davis & Associates Certified Public Accountants (www.JohnDavisCPA.com) is one of only a handful of CPA firms located in Southwest Florida with a designated international tax and consulting services department that specializes in U.S. taxation for...
March 23, 2015Business People
- The landscape architectural firm of Stewart-Washmuth & Co. Inc. has hired Ryan Sollars as a senior designer and project manager. Sollars graduated from the University of Florida in 1997 with a degree in landscape architecture and has 17 years of...
March 23, 2015Hires And Job Promotions For The Week Of March 23, 2015
De La Hoz, Perez & Barbeito, P.A., has named two new partners: Cristina Perez and David Barbeito. They were previously directors at the firm. Perez’s sub-specialty is international taxation. Barbeito is principal in charge of...
March 23, 2015Meet The 2015 Women Who Mean Business Nominees
- Congratulations to all of the 2015 Women Who Mean Business nominees. Below, you'll find the names listed in alphabetical order, and next week, we'll announce who this year's honorees will be — so stay tuned.
March 23, 2015Eustis Names Two New Top Officials
- Last week, city commissioners inked an employment agreement with City Manager Ronald Neibert and approved the appointment of Colleen Scott as finance director, according to Miranda Burrowes, the city’s public relations specialist.
March 20, 2015Business Briefs
- Chamber of Commerce of Cape Coral
presents Quarterly Women's Power Networking Event
The Chamber of Commerce of Cape Coral will present Women's Power Networking March 25 at Wicked Dolphin Rum Distillery, at 131 S.W. 3rd Place, in Cape Coral,...
March 20, 2015People On The Move: Junior Achievement Honors Broward College
- Broward College President J. David Armstrong Jr.Recently traveled to New York to receive the U.S President's Volunteer Service Award From Junior Achievement USA on behalf of Broward College. Broward College students volunteered more than 10,000...
March 20, 2015Shaun M. Davis, Newly Elected Urban League Of Broward Board Chairman
- Over the past 25 years, Shaun M. Davis has established himself as head of one of South Florida’s most reputable accounting firms, S. Davis & Associates, Inc.
March 19, 2015Business Briefs: Rue21 Expands At Edison Mall
- rue21 in Edison Mall will move into an expanded space in
March 19, 2015How Women Can Get Most From Social Security
- Last year, women made up 57 percent of the Social Security beneficiaries older than 62 and 68 percent of beneficiaries older than 85. Why is it important to know these figures? Women are most likely to take time out of the workforce to care for...
March 18, 2015Berkowitz Pollack Brant Ranked on Accounting Today's Top 100 List
- Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants, one of the largest firms in South Florida, was ranked by Accounting Today to the annual listing of top 100 firm in the United States based on revenue size. The firm was also recognized as one of...
March 18, 2015On the Move: Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- Felipe Muñoz recently joined Emagination Unlimited Inc. as art director and will oversee the creation of a variety of print ads, brochures, videos, websites and billboards.
March 17, 2015Letters: A Special Election Is Coming South Of Jacksonville
- Time to vote again! If you thought that you had done your duty a few weeks ago, not so. That was just the Republican primary.
From March 28 to April 4, early voting precedes the general election, which is on April 7 to elect a state senator and...
March 17, 2015Three CPAmerica Firms Recognized as National Leaders and Seven Reco gnized as Regional Leaders in Accounting Today's Top 100
- Accounting Today named several CPAmerica International firms as national and regional
leaders in their Top 100 listing in March. Three firms were featured in the Top 100 and also moved up in the
rankings. Five firms saw revenue growth of more...
March 17, 2015CPA Opens New Office
- CPA opens new office
March 16, 2015Florida's Political Chairs: Who Is Running For Senate In 2016? Governor In 2018?
- Florida law forbids a candidate's name from appearing twice on the same ballot. So if Marco Rubio ends up making a serious bid for president, he'd have to give up his seat in Congress. This could set up a very interesting four years in Florida...
March 16, 2015Moody, Bowyer Represent Destin At Capitol Days
- Destin Area Chamber President/CEO Shane Moody, CCE, FCCP, and Warren Averett Partner Kevin Bowyer, CPA.CITP, CISA, represented the Destin area during the Florida Chamber’s Capitol Days.
March 16, 2015Business People
- Canandaigua National Trust Company of Florida, in Sarasota, has hired Suzanne Ellin as vice president and trust administration officer.