CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
July 1, 2016RGL Forensics Expands in Florida
- Litigation boutique Stahl Forensic and Valuation Experts has joined financial investigations company RGL Forensics, with both of its principles appointed as RGL partners.
June 23, 2016Kaufman Rossin’s Maria Toledo Joins STEP Miami Board as Treasurer
- Maria Toledo, CPA, an international tax manager with Kaufman Rossin, has been appointed treasurer of the Miami branch for the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
June 22, 2016Kaufman Rossin’s Ken Dubow Joins UM’s Accounting Advisory Board
- Kaufman Rossin, one of the Top 100 CPA and advisory firms in the U.S., announced that Entrepreneurial Services Principal Kenneth S. Dubow, CPA has been appointed as a member of the Accounting Advisory Board of the University of Miami (UM).
June 20, 2016Marley Harris Joins The LBA Group as Director of Business Accounting Solutions
- Marley Harris Jacksonville, Fla. – (June 20, 2016) – The LBA Group is pleased to announce that Marley Harris, CPA , has been hired as Director of LBA’s Business Accounting Solutions services team. She will lead a team of 15...
June 15, 2016Sheila Bartczak and Gwynne Lewis Named to Partner/Shareholder at Duggan, Joiner & Company
- Ocala: Duggan, Joiner & Company announces that Sheila A. Bartczak and Gwynne M. Lewis have been named to partner/shareholder.
June 15, 2016Bei Ye Among Top Performers on 2015 CPA Exam
- Bei Ye, who graduated in 2014 from the undergraduate program at the USF Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, was one of the recipients of the 2015 Elijah Watt Sells award.
June 14, 2016Kerkering, Barberio & Co. Named a Best Public Accounting Firm for Leadership Equity
- Sarasota, FL – Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants , is pleased to announce that the Firm has been selected as one of the Best Public Accounting Firms for Leadership Equity as determined by the 2016 Accounting MOVE...
June 14, 2016WWRE’s Pohlman earns Rotary 2016 Vocational Service Leadership Award
- Jack Pohlman
Fort Myers, Fla. – Jack Pohlman CPA , shareholder at Wiltshire, Whitley, Richardson & English P.A. , has received the Rotary Club of Fort Myers South 2016 Vocational Service Leadership Award for his “outstanding service...
June 14, 2016Daszkal Bolton Names Teri M. Kaye to Executive Committee
- June 2, 2016 (Boca Raton, Florida) – Daszkal Bolton , a leading South Florida accounting and advisory professional services firm, recently announced that the organization’s partner group voted to appoint Teri M. Kaye onto its...
June 14, 2016Kerkering Barberio Announces Tampa Office Relocation in Westshore District
- Sarasota, Fla. – Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants , is pleased to announce that it has recently moved its Tampa office to a new location. To accommodate rapid growth and future expansion, the firm has acquired space...
June 6, 2016Meet the Miami Office of Hancock Askew & Co.
- June 1, 2016 – Miami, Florida - Hancock Askew & Co., LLP (Hancock Askew), Accountants and Advisors introduces the team in the new Miami office. After opening its doors this February, the firm continues its expansion in Miami with the...
June 2, 2016Franklin Savings in N.H. Recruits New CFO from Florida
- Franklin Savings Bank in Franklin, N.H., has lured an executive from Florida to become its next chief financial officer.
The $426 million-asset bank said in a press release Wednesday that Brian Bozak will be responsible for investment portfolio...
June 1, 2016Angie Oxley joins Shinn & Co's audit leadership team.
- Nicole Sharpe has joined Gateway Bank of Southwest Florida as marketing manager. Sharpe will manage the marketing and communication initiatives of the bank.
Sharpe has 12 years of marketing experience in the West Michigan and Chicago markets,...
June 1, 2016New Role for Adventist's West Florida Region CFO
- Lewis Seifert has been named chief financial officer for the Multi-State Division of Adventist Health System, effective Sept. 4, 2016. Seifert currently serves as CFO for Adventist's West Florida Region, which includes the five Tampa Bay area...
June 1, 2016Jeremy Davis at Hughes, Snell & Co., P.A. Receives Certification
- Hughes, Snell & Co., P.A., Certified Public Accountants and Consultants, announces Jeremy Davis, CPA, Senior Tax Associate, has met the State of Florida’s standards of certifications and is certified in Florida Sales and Use Tax as a...
June 1, 2016Warren Averett Brings Hutto & Carver into the Fold
- Warren Averett, LLC, Certified Public Accountants and Advisors, announced this morning that CPA firm, Hutto & Carver, P.A., will join its Pensacola office. The joining of forces, effective June 1, 2016, offers clients expanded reach and...
May 25, 2016Michael Kalifeh Wins the Tallahassee Network of Young Professionals’ Golden A.C.E. Award in the Finance Category
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs , a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, congratulates Michael Kalifeh on winning the Tallahassee Network of Young Professionals' Golden A.C.E. Award in the...
May 24, 2016CPA Patrick Hrabos Participated in the Boston Marathon
- Patrick Hrabos, of Suplee, Shea, Cramer & Rocklein PA, in Sarasota, participated in the Boston Marathon on Tax Day, which this year was April 18.
May 20, 2016Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs Congratulates Dennis Gallant on Being Accepted into Leadership Tallahassee Class
- Dennis Gallant May 20, 2016 - Tallahassee, FL – Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs , a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, congratulates Dennis Gallant on being accepted into Leadership...
May 19, 2016Shane Drake Promoted to Tax Supervisor
- Shane Drake FORT MYERS, Fla. (May 19, 2016) – Shane Drake , certified public accountant, has been promoted to tax supervisor at Wiltshire, Whitley, Richardson & English P.A.
Drake has more than a decade of industry experience. In 2010, he...
May 12, 2016Brevard CPA Reunites Lost Dog with Family
- Enter Ken Whittaker, well-dressed that day as befits a CPA and the president of Whittaker Cooper Financial Group. In the late afternoon, Whittaker was returning to his office when he spotted a muddy, disoriented old dog in the middle of the road...
May 5, 2016Delinda Fogel Promoted to CFO for Morris Publishing Group
- Delinda Fogel, publisher of The St. Augustine Record and staugustine.com, has been promoted to the position of CFO for Morris Publishing Group. The announcement was made by William S. Morris IV, president and CEO of Morris Communications Co.
May 5, 2016Brad Shipley Graduates from Leadership Bonita
- Brad Shipley , shareholder and member of the board of directors at Wiltshire, Whitley, Richardson & English P.A. in Fort Myers, has graduated from the Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce Leadership Bonita program, class of 2015-16. He...
May 5, 2016Wiltshire, Whitley, Richardson & English Donates $10,000 to Florida SouthWestern State College
- Wiltshire, Whitley, Richardson & English P.A. donated $10,000 to Florida SouthWestern State College toward the construction of the Suncoast Credit Union Arena. The contribution made the accounting firm a Sweet 16 donor in FSW's Arena Bracketology...
April 27, 2016Nestor Caballero Inducted into MDC 2016 Hall of Fame
- Nestor Caballero, the son of Cuban immigrants, is a managing partner at Alberni, Caballero & Fierman, LLP. Caballero also serves as the chairperson of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Miami-Dade Chapter, and is former...