CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
May 29, 2015Four Florida CPA Candidates Receive National Award For Outstanding Exam Performance
- The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) Division of Certified Public Accounting today congratulates the winners of the 2014 Elijah Watt Sells Award. Four candidates from Florida are being recognized for their...
May 29, 2015Gov. Scott Reappoints Alan Swartz To Pinellas Housing Authority
- On Thursday, Gov. Rick Scott announced the reappointment of Alan L. Swartz to the Pinellas County Housing Authority.
Swartz, 56, of Pinellas Park, will continue on the five-member Board of Commissioners, which is tasked with developing...
May 29, 2015DBPR Encourages Accounting Students To Apply For Clay Ford Scholarship
- The Department of Business and Professional Regulation’s (DBPR) Division of Certified Public Accounting and the Florida Institute of CPA (FICPA) are encouraging minority accounting students statewide to apply for this year’s Clay Ford...
May 27, 2015Women's Resource Center Awards $43,000 In 43 Scholarships
- The Women's Resource Center of Sarasota County, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating and empowering women in Sarasota County and enriching their lives, awarded 43 scholarships of $1,000 each on May 17 to Sarasota County residents...
May 27, 2015Crose: Hats Off To North Okaloosa's Professionals Putting In Long Hours
- I don't miss working in public accounting.
During tax season, the hours are horrendous; we accountants had no personal lives from Jan. 1 through April 30 because of income and corporate tax returns; W-2 preparation; required state and federal...
May 27, 2015 SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. Appoints Marc G. Swanson as Interim CFO
- Heaney, who has informed the Company that he has accepted a senior position with another company and is returning to the cruise industry.
Find nearby stories PointsMentioned Map News Bayou
Mr. Heaney has agreed to remain with the Company until...
May 27, 2015Cross, Fernandez & Riley, LLP Sponsors New Women's Business Center in Orlando
Fernandez & Riley, LLP
is pleased to
it is a founding sponsor of the
Women's Business Center, w
located in downtown Orlando.
is part of a network of business...
May 26, 2015Keith Dean Named New FDSA Executive Director
- The Florida Deputy Sheriffs Association is pleased to announce the hiring of Keith Dean as Executive Director. Keith is replacing A.J. Smith, who, after years of leading the association, has returned to full-time law enforcement as chief deputy...
May 20, 2015The Fuoco Group Announces Partnership with Hewins Financial Advisors
- The Fuoco Group (TFG), a full-service accounting and consulting firm, has announced a strategic partnership with Hewins Financial Advisors, LLC (Hewins), a national, CPA-based financial advisory firm, to launch TFG Financial Advisory, a new...
May 18, 2015Merkel Recognized
- Michael P. Merkel, CGMA, CPA was recognized as The 2015 Outstanding CPA in Public Practice by the Indiana CPA Society at its 100th Anniversary CPA Celebration May 15, 2015 in Indianapolis.
May 18, 2015Caballero And Fierman Appointed
- Nestor Caballero, CPA and Andrew Fierman, CPA, Partners at Alberni Caballero & Fierman, LLP were recently appointed to the United Way of Miami Dade Audit Committee.
May 18, 2015Community Foundation To Honor Philanthropist
- The Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties will present its Founder’s Award to William M. Matthews of Palm Beach at a luncheon to celebrate philanthropy June 3 at the Kravis Center’s Cohen Pavilion. He will be honored...
May 18, 2015Taking Extra Swings To Help Others
- Most of the time, using a second or third ball on a hole is not a golfer’s choice, usually forced by a water hazard or another unhittable lie.
However, many of the 120 participants at the 18th annual Dean Lind Memorial Golf-a-thon on May 5...
May 18, 2015Grand Openings: Southwest Florida's Freshest Businesses
- Leggitt Tax & Accounting PLLC, 1432 First St., Suite A, Sarasota, has been opened by Eric and Sonia Leggitt.
Eric Leggitt, CPA, was a partner in charge of the Terre Haute, Indiana, office of Kemper CPA Group and left the firm after 30 years to...
May 15, 2015Tyler Host Rotary
- Philip Tyler, Certified Public Accountant, hosted the recent Marianna Rotary program, Rick Bitner, President and CEO of Farm Credit of Northwest Florida. Bitner’s topic was the history of Farm Credit across all 50 states, how their services...
May 13, 2015E.F. Alvarez & Company, P.A. Announces That Alicia Castillo, Keungling Lee And Alejandro Alvarez Have Been Promoted To Partners.
- E.F. Alvarez & Company, P.A. announces that Alicia Castillo, Keungling Lee and Alejandro Alvarez have been promoted to Partners.
May 13, 2015Community Happenings May 13
- All area codes are 850 unless noted.
Led by Jenny Stuckey, registered nurse and certified diabetes educator, and Anne Townley, registered dietician and certified diabetes educator, a diabetes self-management class will be held...
May 12, 2015Estero Resident Named To Scott's Healthcare Commission
- Gov. Rick Scott named an Estero man to the newly created nine-member Commission of Healthcare and Hospital Funding.
The board, created as part of an executive order last week, was created to review taxpayer support of Florida hospitals and the...
May 12, 2015Be a Key Holder
- Please join the Tallahassee Senior Foundation today. Your contribution pays for programs and enhances services. Mail or drop off your annual membership contribution at the Senior Center.
May 11, 2015Golf Till You Drop: Imperial Golf Club Golf-a-thon Raises $200k St. Matthew's House
- If you’re someone who feels like you just can’t get enough golf, this was the event for you.
On Tuesday, Imperial Golf Club in North Naples hosted the 18th annual Dean Lind Memorial Golf-a-thon, giving golf fanatics the opportunity...
May 11, 2015Despite the Warm Weather, Artists Like the Attention to Detail
- It started as a small crafts fair outside the Lakeland Public Library in the early 1970s. Now, the Polk Museum of Art's MidFlorida Mayfaire by-the-Lake is one of the nation's top art shows, according to Sunshine Artist magazine.
May 11, 2015Club Meetings: May 10
- Email club meeting information to firstname.lastname@example.org. A list of ongoing club meetings can be found at www.bradenton.com/community. DEADLINE: Information must be received 10 days in advance of publication.
West Coast Woman's Club: The group's...
May 07, 2015Cross, Fernandez & Riley, LLP Named A Gulf Coast Regional Leader By Accounting Today
Fernandez & Riley, LLP
is pleased to announce
was named a Gulf Coast Regional Leader by
list is comprised of over 150
accounting firms throughout the United States that are
May 06, 2015Xenia Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Adds Joseph T. Johnson As Senior Vice President And Chief Accounting Officer
- Mr. Johnson brings over 15 years of experience in the accounting, financial, lodging and real estate sectors to his new position with Xenia. Previously, Mr. Johnson was employed by CNL Healthcare Properties and CNL Lifestyle Properties from 2007...
May 06, 2015Sibley Selected As One Of The 40 Under Forty
- James Moore, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants
is pleased to
announce that Mike Sibley, CPA
has been selected as one of the Daytona
40 under Forty
. The purpose of the...