CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
January 23, 2015Collier County's Guidance Programs For Success Wins $25,000 Award
- Guidance Programs for Success (GPS) is the 2015 winner of the UNITE (Uniting Nonprofits In Teaming for Excellence) Award and the $25,000 cash prize. Established by Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA and supported by the Southwest Florida Community...
January 22, 2015Nam Tai Property Inc. Corporate Update
- The Company's independent auditor, Moore Stephens, has recently reorganized its business structure and incorporated Moore Stephens CPA Limited to continue its audit business from January 1, 2015. Following this reorganization, the Company...
January 22, 2015Miami Beach Commissioner To Run For FL House
- Another Weithorn will again run for District 113 in the Florida House of Representatives.
Miami Beach Commissioner Deede Weithorn has filed to run for the seat her husband Mark Weithorn did not win in 2012, when fellow Democrat David Richardson...
January 22, 2015Jill Andrew Heads List Of Honorees At Riverview Chamber Dinner
- The patriotic-themed evening kicked off Jan. 16 at the Regent with state Rep. Ross Spano, R-Dover, singing the National Anthem and then 2014 chamber president Joe Eletto's opening remarks.
The chamber honored Jill Andrew of Superior Residences...
January 21, 2015Divorce Experts Educate To Minimize Impact
- Divorce is one of life's hardest transitions. But making decisions based on professional expertise may soften its financial and emotional impact.
January 21, 2015$60-million Golf Course Renovations Set To Go
- Plans for a $60-million renovation of the Florida Keys Country Club, formerly known as Sombrero Country Club, at Mile Marker 50, were finalized Monday.
Plans include a makeover of the 18-hole course, a 110-room hotel, a restaurant, townhomes,...
January 21, 2015MBAF Adds Lisa Montejo As Chief Marketing Officer
- Lisa Montejo has joined nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF as Chief Marketing Officer. The announcement was made by Tony Argiz , Chairman and CEO of MBAF. Montejo joins MBAF with more than 20 years of experience developing and...
January 20, 2015The LBA Group Announces Several Promotions
- The LBA Group is pleased to announce promotions within the Audit & Assurance , Retirement Plan Services and Business Accounting Solutions departments: Beth Hohl-Asbury, has been promoted to Plan Consultant with Retirement Plan Services. Beth...
January 20, 2015The LBA Group Announces Shelly Lingor Promoted to Director
- The LBA Group is pleased to announce the promotion of Shelly Lingor to Director, Business Accounting Solutions (Solutions). Shelly joined LBA is 2011 and previously served as the Manager of the Solutions department. She has over 15 years of...
January 18, 2015Why I Give: Lana Kupferschmid
- Lana Kupferschmid, mother of two and grandmother of four, relocated to Estero three years ago from New City, N.Y. As a certified public accountant, she has her own tax practice and enjoys playing pickle ball, bike riding and traveling. Diagnosed...
January 18, 2015Alachua County Business Announcements For Week Of Jan. 18, 2015
- The March of Dimes North Central Florida Division announced that it formally introduced Freddie Wehbe, of Gator Domino’s, as its event chair during the March for Babies Executive Lunch, which is the local nonprofit’s first community...
January 16, 2015Special Election, Florida House, District 17
- I am pleased to be running for the position of Florida State Representative, District 17.
I have lived in St Johns County all my life, and am a third-generation small business owner of A.D. Davis Construction. I worked my way from demolition...
January 15, 2015Ed Burr Elected 2015-16 Chairman Of The Jacksonville Civic Council
- Longtime developer Edward “Ed” Burr will lead the Jacksonville Civic Council for 2015-16.
Civic Council members elected Burr to the position, effective Jan. 1. He will hold the title through Dec. 31, 2016.
Burr, a past chair of the...
January 14, 2015Berkowitz Pollack Brant Celebrate 35 Years
- We are incredibly proud to celebrate 35 years of service to our clients, our community and our profession.
Our growth was achieved through a committed focus on client service, a dedication to the well-being and career development of our firm...
January 13, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Welcomes New Hires Lori Martin, CPA, and Taylor Harmon
- Thomas Howell Ferguson welcomes to the Assurance Services Department: Manager Lori Martin, CPA, and Staff member Taylor Harmon. Lori Martin graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Auburn University, and then went...
January 12, 2015Board of Directors Unanimously Selects Brenner
- Lucy Brenner is the new treasurer for Designing Women. The board of directors unanimously selected Brenner. Brenner is a tax senior at Kerkering Barberio, in Sarasota. A licensed CPA, she graduated from East Carolina University with bachelor's...
January 12, 2015January Riverview/Apollo Beach Business Column 2015
- Dr. Noe Hosts Second Annual Thanksgiving Dinner
Dr. Sasha Noe, a Board Certified Physician in Family Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment, hosted her Second Annual Apollo Beach Family Medical Center Patient Thanksgiving Dinner to...
January 12, 2015Hires And Promotions For The Week Of Jan. 12, 2015
- David A. Huppert, CPA, has been admitted as a partner of Huppert & Huppert in Southwest Ranches. Before, he was a staff accountant. He has a bachelor’s in business from the University of Florida and a master’s in accounting from Nova...
January 12, 2015Caballero And Fierman Appointed To Miami Dade County Committees
- Nestor Caballero of Alberni Caballero & Fierman, LLP in Coral Gables has been appointed to the Miami Dade County School Board Audit and Budget Advisory Committee. Andrew Fierman of Alberni Caballero & Fierman, LLP in Coral Gables has been...
January 09, 2015MBAF Adds Shaji Varghese As Principal In Audit Department
- Shaji Varghese, CPA, has joined nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF as an Audit Practice Leader for Commercial and Financial Services in the Northeast. The announcement was made by Tony Argiz , Chairman and CEO of MBAF. Varghese...
January 09, 2015MBAF Promotes Steven Morrison to Principal
- Steven Morrison , CPA, has been promoted to principal in the Audit Department of nationally recognized public accounting firm Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLC ( MBAF ). Based in MBAF's Miami office, Morrison concentrates on serving both public...
January 09, 2015William Thomas Joins Hill International
- Tampa: Hill International, Inc.
William K. Thomas, CPA, CFE, CFF, and MBT Forensic CPAs & Consultants have joined the Hill International team. Bill is joining the firm as Vice President in Hill's Florida Claims and Consulting operation.
January 08, 2015Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund Announces Internal Promotions
- The following internal promotions at Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund are effective January 1, 2015. Whitney Bruner, CPA has been promoted to Senior in the Financial Institutions Services Department of the Pensacola office of Saltmarsh, Cleaveland &...
January 08, 2015Two Tampa CPA Firms Merging
- Hallmark CPA Group LLC has merged with fellow Tampa CPA firm Bishoff + Associates PLLC. The combined firm will continue to be known as Bishoff + Associates. - See more at:...
January 07, 2015Bennett Thrasher Announces Cory Bennett And Zack Leder To Join Partner Group
- Bennett Thrasher LLP is pleased to announce the promotions of Cory Bennett and Zack Leder from Senior Managers to Partners in the Financial Reporting & Assurance and Tax departments effective Jan. 1, 2015. “We are proud and excited to have...