CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
February 11, 2016Kerkering, Barberio & Co. Announces 2016 Promotions
- Sarasota, FL – Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants , is pleased to announce staff promotions. Moving from Supervisor to Manager is Ann Harman . Advancing from Senior Accountant to Supervisor is Mary Garcia . Progressing...
February 11, 2016MBAF Adds Rampbell & Rampbell, P.A., Expanding Presence in Palm Beach County
- MIAMI (February 11, 2016) – Nationally recognized accounting firm MBAF announced that Palm Beach-based Rampell & Rampell, P.A., has merged into the firm effective February 1, 2016. The announcement was made by Richard Rampell, CEO of...
February 11, 2016Goldstein Schechter Koch Adds John LaRue as a Partner in the Tax Department
- John 'Jack' LaRue
Miami, FL (February 9, 2016) – Goldstein Schechter Koch (GSK) , a full service accounting, tax, assurance, consulting, wealth management and insurance firm announces John “Jack” La Rue , CPA as a new Partner...
February 11, 2016CPA Firm Carr, Riggs & Ingram Names 24 New Partners
- Of the 24 new partners, five were named to the firm's Florida offices: Matt Zasada, James Wright, Kelly Brannon, Rich Moreira and Tom Sherman.
February 10, 2016Two Long-Established Accounting Firms Merge to Create One of Tampa Bay's Largest
- Spoor Bunch Franz (SBF) was officially founded January 1, 2016, with the merger of Clearwater’s Spence Marston Bunch & Morris and St. Petersburg’s Spoor & Associates. The former was founded in 1971, the latter in 1974. Both firms hold notable...
February 10, 2016James Jenkins Named Chairman of Palm Beach Atlantic University’s Board of Trustees
- A graduate of the University of Virginia, he is a certified public accountant with 30 years of experience in real estate and wealth management.
February 10, 2016Adrian Alfonso Named Director at Kaufman Rossin
- Alfonso was tax partner at PAAST, PL. He has a bachelor’s in accounting and executive master’s of science in taxation from Florida International University.
February 10, 2016Felicity H.C. Fang Establishes Public Accounting and Business Consulting Firm in Midtown Miami
- Felicity H.C. Fang Felicity H.C. Fang has recently established Felicity HC Fang CPA PA , a boutique public accounting and business consulting firm in Midtown Miami. Ms. Fang, who serves as the firm’s Managing Partner, has knowledge and...
February 10, 2016Modern Business Associates Announces Promotion of Chris McDonald
- Modern Business Associates (MBA), one of the bay area’s most recognizable provider of customized payroll, tax, benefits, risk management and HR administrative solutions, recently the promotion of Chris McDonald to President and Chief Operating...
February 03, 2016McClung and Steiner Promoted to Managing Director at CBIZ MHM Tampa Bay
- CBIZ MHM Tampa Bay is proud to announce the promotions of Senior Manager Shaun McClung and Senior Manager Tom Steiner to the position of Managing Director. Shaun has more than 15 years of experience managing tax engagements for clients operating...
February 03, 2016Kristina Helferty, CPA, LLC Celebrates Opening of New Office
- Kristina Helferty, CPA, LLC celebrated the grand opening of its new office with a ribbon cutting ceremony on February 3. Specializing in accounting, auditing and assurance services, the offices are located at 13575 58th Street North in Clearwater.
February 02, 2016Gerson Preston Names Clifford Gelber as Newest Partner
- Gerson Preston, one of South Florida’s largest and longest-standing public accounting firms, announces that Clifford Gelber will join the firm as a partner in its Boca Raton office. Bringing with him more than 30 years of experience as a...
February 02, 2016Kerkering Barberio Welcomes Tax Manager
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that Bethany Carr has joined the firm as a Tax Manager in the Estate and Trust segment. Bethany received her Bachelor in Business Administration in Accounting from...
February 02, 2016Former Auditor General Announces the Establishment of Martin CPA & Company, LLC
- Former Auditor General David W. Martin announces the establishment of Martin CPA & Company, LLC with Ted J. Sauerbeck as an associate of the firm.
February 02, 2016Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. Welcomes Jack Rose
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm in Tallahassee, welcomes Jack Rose to the Accounting Department. He will serve as the Firm’s controller and work from the THF Tallahassee office....
February 01, 2016Michael Price Joins Shinn & Co. as a Tax Senior
- As business valuations have taken on a significant role in the firm's practice, Price's technical valuation experience will play a pivotal role in the growth of that department. Bringing more than 12 years of accounting experience to his new role...
January 28, 2016LWR Young Leaders Alliance Continues to Boost Membership
- LAKEWOOD RANCH – A networking group for young professionals who do business in the Lakewood Ranch area nearly doubled its membership last year and is determined to keep growing.
The Lakewood Ranch Young Leaders Alliance, which launched in...
January 28, 2016Carrie St. John Named Shareholder at Moore Stephens Lovelace
- Miami, FL – January 28, 2016 – Moore Stephens Lovelace (MSL), a certified public accounting and business advisory firm, is proud to announce that Carrie St. John has been admitted to the Shareholder group, effective January 1, 2016....
January 28, 2016CliftonLarsonAllen Announces Career Achievements in Central Florida Offices
- Central Florida – CLA believes the best way to serve our clients and communities is to support our people in building careers that match their personal and professional aspirations. We are thrilled to express our congratulations and...
January 27, 2016Cherry Bekaert Adds Cristian Nieto to Expanding South Florida Practice
- Reflecting the continuous growth of its South Florida practice, Cherry Bekaert LLP (“the Firm”) is pleased to announce the addition of Cristian N. Nieto as a Partner in the Firm’s Fort Lauderdale office. In this capacity, Nieto...
January 26, 2016Kerkering Barberio Employees Donate $13,533 to United Way
- Sarasota, FL – Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that participating employees donated $13,533 to the United Way Suncoast in 2015, and the firm has been ranked number 19 of the "50 Most Generous...
January 25, 2016Staff from Cavanaugh & Co., LLP Participated in Community Haven’s Jingle & Jog 5K Run
- Two of the accountants at the CPA firm took home ribbons from the event. CPA Ryan Thompson received a second place medal for the men's group ages 25 to 29 in the 5K run.
January 25, 2016MBAF Names Frank Gonzalez Managing Principal of Miami Headquarters
- MIAMI (Jan. 13, 2016) – Frank Gonzalez, CPA/CFF, has been named Managing Principal of the Miami office of nationally recognized accounting firm MBAF, effective immediately. The announcement was made by Tony Argiz, Chairman and CEO of MBAF.
January 22, 2016Eric Santa Maria Joins Verdeja, De Armas & Trujillo as Director of Tax and Valuation Services
- Eric Santa Maria
Eric Santa Maria joined Verdeja. De Armas & Trujillo, LLC as the Director of Tax and Valuation Services in January 2016. Eric has more than 10 years of tax experience servicing high net work individuals and small to mid-size...
January 22, 2016Monique Bustamente Promoted to Manager at Verdeja, De Armas & Trujillo
- Monique Bustamente
Monique Bustamente began working at Verdeja, De Armas & Trujillo, LLP in 2011 as an Audit Senior. She excelled in this capacity and was quickly promoted to Manager.
Mrs. Bustamante’s current responsibilities...