CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
May 20, 2015The Fuoco Group Announces Partnership with Hewins Financial Advisors
- The Fuoco Group (TFG), a full-service accounting and consulting firm, has announced a strategic partnership with Hewins Financial Advisors, LLC (Hewins), a national, CPA-based financial advisory firm, to launch TFG Financial Advisory, a new...
May 18, 2015Merkel Recognized
- Michael P. Merkel, CGMA, CPA was recognized as The 2015 Outstanding CPA in Public Practice by the Indiana CPA Society at its 100th Anniversary CPA Celebration May 15, 2015 in Indianapolis.
May 18, 2015Caballero And Fierman Appointed
- Nestor Caballero, CPA and Andrew Fierman, CPA, Partners at Alberni Caballero & Fierman, LLP were recently appointed to the United Way of Miami Dade Audit Committee.
May 18, 2015Community Foundation To Honor Philanthropist
- The Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties will present its Founder’s Award to William M. Matthews of Palm Beach at a luncheon to celebrate philanthropy June 3 at the Kravis Center’s Cohen Pavilion. He will be honored...
May 18, 2015Taking Extra Swings To Help Others
- Most of the time, using a second or third ball on a hole is not a golfer’s choice, usually forced by a water hazard or another unhittable lie.
However, many of the 120 participants at the 18th annual Dean Lind Memorial Golf-a-thon on May 5...
May 18, 2015Grand Openings: Southwest Florida's Freshest Businesses
- Leggitt Tax & Accounting PLLC, 1432 First St., Suite A, Sarasota, has been opened by Eric and Sonia Leggitt.
Eric Leggitt, CPA, was a partner in charge of the Terre Haute, Indiana, office of Kemper CPA Group and left the firm after 30 years to...
May 15, 2015Tyler Host Rotary
- Philip Tyler, Certified Public Accountant, hosted the recent Marianna Rotary program, Rick Bitner, President and CEO of Farm Credit of Northwest Florida. Bitner’s topic was the history of Farm Credit across all 50 states, how their services...
May 13, 2015E.F. Alvarez & Company, P.A. Announces That Alicia Castillo, Keungling Lee And Alejandro Alvarez Have Been Promoted To Partners.
- E.F. Alvarez & Company, P.A. announces that Alicia Castillo, Keungling Lee and Alejandro Alvarez have been promoted to Partners.
May 13, 2015Community Happenings May 13
- All area codes are 850 unless noted.
Led by Jenny Stuckey, registered nurse and certified diabetes educator, and Anne Townley, registered dietician and certified diabetes educator, a diabetes self-management class will be held...
May 12, 2015Estero Resident Named To Scott's Healthcare Commission
- Gov. Rick Scott named an Estero man to the newly created nine-member Commission of Healthcare and Hospital Funding.
The board, created as part of an executive order last week, was created to review taxpayer support of Florida hospitals and the...
May 12, 2015Be a Key Holder
- Please join the Tallahassee Senior Foundation today. Your contribution pays for programs and enhances services. Mail or drop off your annual membership contribution at the Senior Center.
May 11, 2015Golf Till You Drop: Imperial Golf Club Golf-a-thon Raises $200k St. Matthew's House
- If you’re someone who feels like you just can’t get enough golf, this was the event for you.
On Tuesday, Imperial Golf Club in North Naples hosted the 18th annual Dean Lind Memorial Golf-a-thon, giving golf fanatics the opportunity...
May 11, 2015Despite the Warm Weather, Artists Like the Attention to Detail
- It started as a small crafts fair outside the Lakeland Public Library in the early 1970s. Now, the Polk Museum of Art's MidFlorida Mayfaire by-the-Lake is one of the nation's top art shows, according to Sunshine Artist magazine.
May 11, 2015Club Meetings: May 10
- Email club meeting information to firstname.lastname@example.org. A list of ongoing club meetings can be found at www.bradenton.com/community. DEADLINE: Information must be received 10 days in advance of publication.
West Coast Woman's Club: The group's...
May 07, 2015Cross, Fernandez & Riley, LLP Named A Gulf Coast Regional Leader By Accounting Today
Fernandez & Riley, LLP
is pleased to announce
was named a Gulf Coast Regional Leader by
list is comprised of over 150
accounting firms throughout the United States that are
May 06, 2015Xenia Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Adds Joseph T. Johnson As Senior Vice President And Chief Accounting Officer
- Mr. Johnson brings over 15 years of experience in the accounting, financial, lodging and real estate sectors to his new position with Xenia. Previously, Mr. Johnson was employed by CNL Healthcare Properties and CNL Lifestyle Properties from 2007...
May 06, 2015Sibley Selected As One Of The 40 Under Forty
- James Moore, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants
is pleased to
announce that Mike Sibley, CPA
has been selected as one of the Daytona
40 under Forty
. The purpose of the...
May 06, 2015Sibley Appointed As The Partner-in-charge Of James Moore's Daytona Beach Office
- James Moore, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants
is pleased to
announce that Mike Sibley, CPA was recently appointed as the Partner
Charge of the firm’s Daytona Beach office, which is one of the
May 04, 2015Names And Faces
- Kelly Lunsford has joined IT services firm SouthTech as its business development consultant. Lunsford's previous role was as engagement manager for Marketing Werks, a division of Crossmark Inc. He will be involved with business development for...
May 04, 2015Business People
- United Way Suncoast is overseen by a regional board and two area boards. All board members work to advance the five-year strategic plan that the agency put into action last year. Many board members serve year-to-year continuously, but chairman...
April 29, 2015Audit Good News for Fruitland Park
- FRUITLAND PARK – City commissioners heard good news last week from the city’s independent financial auditor.
In March, Chet Ross, CPA, warned commissioners they might be in danger of posting a negative balance in the city’s...
April 28, 2015WMFR Station 4 Rebuild Plans Move Forward
- West Manatee Fire Rescue commissioners have engaged an architect to plan the rebuilding of Station No. 4, 407 67th St. W., Bradenton.
The commissioners voted 3-1 April 16 to engage the services of NDC Construction Company to draw up plans for...
April 28, 2015Overview of Various Types of IRAs Available
- At one time, there was relatively little confusion about IRAs because there was only one type available. Now, however, IRAs have proliferated-there's the "traditional" IRA, which may be funded with deductible and/or nondeductible contributions,...
April 28, 2015Fuoco Group Completes Third Merger of 2015
- BOCA RATON – Fuoco Group is proud to
announce the merger of MCG Financial Services, Approved Accounting Associates and NHC Hospitality Consultants, a trilogy of accounting and consulting firms (“MCG”) based in Boca Raton, FL...
April 27, 2015Deadline Looms to Submit BP claims
- PANAMA CITY BEACH – With the 5-year anniversary of the BP oil spill recently passed, the energy conglomerate will soon end its claims process for businesses and individuals under the class action settlement agreement.