CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
March 02, 2015RPOF Keeps Richard Swarttz As CFO, Names Nancy Watkins Compliance Officer
- Richard Swarttz will continue in his role as Chief Financial Officer of the Republican Party of Florida, Chair Blaise Ingoglia said today.
March 02, 2015Former Keys Airport Chief, Now Retired, Steps Back Into Public Arena With School Board
- The former Monroe County director of airports who retired Dec. 31 can expect to see plenty as the newest member of the Monroe County School Districts Audit and Finance Committee.
February 27, 2015Brevard Commissioner Infantini Puts Family First
- Brevard Commissioner Infantini loves her government, teaching jobs, but puts family first
February 26, 2015Power-pop Legend Paul Collins Says Rock 'n' Roll Thrives In South Florida Band Scene
- At Kenny Budowsky’s East Hollywood home, Thursday nights usually start with a few drinks, laughs and talk about music. It’s always about business, however.
Two years ago, Budowsky, now 54, his brother Rob, 47, and their friend Pete...
February 26, 2015Myers, Brettholtz & Co. Welcomes New Associates
- Lori Sampson-Wilson, shareholder with Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA, Certified Public Accountants & Business Consultants announces that Ariel De Cardenas, Blake Weeks and Ayla Zeigler have joined the firm.
De Cardenas is an auditor for the...
February 26, 2015Daszkal Bolton Introduces New Branding
- Daszkal Bolton, a top ten accounting firm in South Florida, recently released a new brand identity to include a modified logo, refreshed website, new slogan and other material.
“We’re inviting our clients to ‘conquer to new...
February 26, 2015Concannon Miller Appoints Witman President
- Concannon Miller & Co., P.C. is pleased to announce that Ted Witman of Lititz PA, has been promoted to President and Chief Operating Officer. Witman, who joined the firm in 2013 as COO, is responsible for implementing the firm's strategy, overall...
February 26, 201502/24: People On Move
- Caitlan Walker was promoted to manager, Christine Walker was promoted to senior accountant and Matthew Norris was promoted to associate accountant
February 26, 2015Levenger Hires Steven Hansen As CEO
- Delray Beach -based Levenger has named a new CEO. Steven Hansen, the former chief financial officer of Levenger, has rejoined the company
February 26, 2015Business Briefs: Luxury Medical Spa To Open In Naples
- Luxury medical spa to open in Naples
February 26, 2015Judge Smiley Achieves Success After Humble Beginning
- With about 10 years experience in the arena of justice, one local judge continues to stand on four childhood principles.
“You can accomplish anything in your life if you: at first, set goals, work hard, believe in yourself and make good...
February 26, 2015Glenn Gopman Awarded CGMA Designation
- Glenn Gopman, partner of Stroemer & Company, has been awarded the Chartered Global Management Accountant designation from the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. The designation recognizes...
February 20, 2015Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs Welcomes Catherine Carver and Mark Hays
- Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm headquartered in Tallahassee, welcomes Catherine Carver and Mark Hays to the firm.
A graduate of Valdosta State University, Catherine graduate summa cum...
February 20, 2015Chamber Presents Four Awards At Annual Banquet …….
- Presentation of the Ole Ellis Lifetime Leadership Award to Gary Clark topped off Thursday night’s Annual Banquet hosted by the 2015ChamberAnnualBanquet 047Washington County Chamber of Commerce. Clark was recognized for his years of devoted...
February 19, 2015Gluten-free Bakery Enjoying Sweet Success
- If it weren’t for her son, Stacy Hiles never would have thought to open Stacy’s Gluten Free Goodies, a shop that showcases a gluten-free twist on popular sweets. But by doing so, she has put back on the menu many of the items her...
February 19, 2015People On The Move: Nsu Business School Names Hall Of Fame Nominees
- Tunjarnika Coleman-Ferrell, who was first introduced to Palm Beach State College as a student participant in a summer program more than two decades ago, has been named dean of academic affairs at the Boca Raton campus. She was promoted to the...
February 19, 2015Homes And More On Display In Historic Hyde Park
- Mark Mathiason will live in his newly finished home only a few weeks before having about 1,000 visitors. That’s because he volunteered his Craftsman-style home to be among the eight Hyde Park residences open Feb. 28 for the annual Historic...
February 19, 2015Wesley Davis Launches Campaign For IRC Property Apparaiser
- County Commission Chairman and long-time real estate auctioneer Wesley Davis filed to run for Indian River County Property Appraiser Wednesday morning, with his wife, Tonya, at his side at Supervisor of Elections Leslie Swan's...
February 18, 2015Ellis Obtains Certified in Financial Forensics Credential
- Leslea G. Ellis, Founder and Managing Member of Leslea Ellis, LLC has been awarded the Certified in Financial Forensics Credential (CFF) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AIPCA).
February 17, 2015Kerkering, Barberio & Co. Announces Promotions
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce staff promotions. Moving from Supervisor to Manager are ASHLEY SALTER, DAVID CUMBERLAND and MATT REYNELL. Advancing from Senior Accountant to Supervisor are DENISE...
February 16, 2015Blenker Joins Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants
- Kerri Blenker has joined Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, as a tax supervisor, focusing on individual and business taxation. Blenker has a master's degree in taxation from Golden Gate University and is a Florida and...
February 16, 2015The LBA Group Promotes Lee
- Jonathan Lee, CPA
JACKSONVILLE – The LBA Group is pleased to announce that Jonathan Lee,
CPA, has been promoted to Tax Manager. Jon joined LBA in December 2012 as a Staff Accountant and
has eight years of tax and accounting experience....
February 16, 2015Scott Reappoints Shinn and Zimmerman to USF Board of Trustees
- Gov. Rick Scott reappointed Byron Shinn and Jordan Zimmerman to the University Of South Florida Board Of Trustees. Both reappointments end January 6, 2020. Shinn, 57, of Bradenton, is a certified public accountant and president of Shinn and...
February 16, 2015Governor Rick Scott Reappoints Three to Gulf Coast State College District Board of Trustees
- TALLAHASSEE – Governor Rick Scott announced the three re-appointments to the Gulf Coast State College District Board of Trustees.
Katie Patronis, 37, of Panama City, is a realtor for Century 21 Ryan Realty. She is reappointed for a term...
February 13, 2015Tax Refund Service Signs Promise Big Returns, But Do They Deliver?
- Tax refund signs are all over, promising big money returns, especially if you’re claiming children.