CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
April 16, 2015Richardson Gypsum Joins The US LBM Team
- Originally founded in 1960 by Jack Richardson, Richardson Gypsum has been a full service provider of construction supplies, acoustical products and equipment to both commercial and residential contractors for over 55 years.
April 15, 2015Bay Harbor Islands Residents To Choose Three Council Members On April 21
- Three of seven seats on the Bay Harbor Islands town council are up for grabs on April 21.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article18503951.html#storylink=cpy
April 15, 2015Event Hits High Notes
- Indoor concerts were standing room only as international jazz greats wowed audiences during the Second Annual Jewel of the Ridge Jazz Festival April 8 through 11. Although rain cut short Saturday’s outdoor concerts where the turnout was...
April 14, 2015Partnership For Philanthropic Planning Presents "i Want To Give You My Monet"
- The Partnership for Philanthropic Planning (PPP) of Lee County will present “I want to give you my Monet” at the Thursday, April 23 meeting. Attendees will learn how to navigate the interesting waters of gifts of arts, and how to...
April 14, 2015Boomerang Children: Pros, Cons Of Helping Adult Kids Financially
- The American dream used to include raising children to be independent, and once "out of the nest," enjoying a comfortable retirement.
Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2015/04/14/5744659_boomerang-children-pros-cons-of.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy
April 14, 2015KSDT Hires Caridad Vasallo as Manager, Forensic and Business Valuations Services Practice
- Miami-based accounting and tax advisory firm Kabat, Schertzer, De La Torre, Taraboulos and Company (KSDT) today announced it has hired Caridad “Carey” Vasallo, as manager of its Forensic and Business Valuation practice. A certified...
April 13, 2015Wallace: Gruters Gets Set For State Office Bid
- Sarasota Republican Party Chairman Joe Gruters is preparing to run for the Florida Legislature in 2016.
April 08, 2015Jones Still Fired Up About Sportsability In 25th Year
- David Jones began Sportsability in 1991 as a class project while enrolled in the College of Business at Florida State University. An avid outdoorsman, Jones had been shot in a 1988 hunting accident that left him partially paralyzed. So Jones...
April 07, 2015Are Your NCAA Tournament Office Bracket Winnings Taxable?
- March Madness has become such a big part of popular culture, some say more money is bet on the NCAA tournament than the Super Bowl.
April 07, 2015Nova LifeStyle Inc., Announces Engagement of Crowe Horwath (HK) CPA Limited
- Nova LifeStyle, Inc. (NVFY), a U.S.-based fast growing, innovative designer, manufacturer and distributor of modern LifeStyle furniture, today announced that the Board of Directors approved by unanimous vote on April 1, 2015, pursuant to the...
April 06, 2015Aesthetic of a Southern Gentleman
- You can't take the Levi out of a southern gentleman, but in Florida you might find some tropical fashions woven into his style and, of course, some cowboy boots to top off the look. Naples resident 60-year-old Mike Abell, in fact, owns at least...
April 06, 2015How to Understand and Comply with 'Affordable Care Act' Requirements
- The "Affordable Care Act" (ACA) is five years old, and yet many people still struggle to understand the law and its implications. Frequent changes and differing requirements for businesses of varying sizes complicate efforts to stay up to date. A...
April 06, 2015Three Holmes County Candidates Heating Up WFEC Elections
- Each year at this time, the West Florida Electric Cooperative based in Graceville holds elections for the board members whose terms expire each spring. Although the board members receive compensation and sometimes must deal with powerful issues...
April 01, 2015Colleen Bankuty of Kerkering Barberio is Awarded USF Sarasota-Manatee Spring 2015 Outstanding Graduate
- Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants, is pleased to announce that Colleen Bankuty, an in-charge accountant, was awarded “Outstanding Graduate” for the Spring 2015 semester by the University of South Florida...
March 31, 2015Bradenton CPA Firm Counts On New Principal
- David Lanni has been named a principal with Shinn & Co., one of the largest independent accounting firms in the Sarasota-Bradenton region. - See more at:...
March 30, 2015Senior-level Hires And Promotions For The Week Of March 30
Oliver Benitez has been named vice president and manager of the Brickell Banking Center of City National Bank. Before joining the bank, he was vice president and managing director at TotalBank.
Robert C. Noroña has been named senior vice...
March 27, 2015Wellington Chamber Welcomes Johnny Meier As President
- The Wellington Chamber of Commerce swore in its 2015-16 executive board members and directors during a luncheon at the Wanderers Club on Wednesday, welcoming Johnny Meier of My Community Pharmacy as the chamber’s new president.
March 27, 2015Corporate Report
- Terra Nova Transcription hires new chief operating officer
Terra Nova Transcription, which has offices in both Tampa and St. John’s, Newfoundland, appointed Steve Sanchez of Miami its new chief operating officer. He will be responsible for...
March 26, 2015Leslea Ellis LLC Celebrates 2 Year Anniversary
- March 25th marked the two-year anniversary of
Leslea Ellis LLC’s service to the community. The CPA firm provides tax
preparation, accounting and bookkeeping, as well as fraud examination, forensic
accounting and litigation support. ...
March 25, 2015Jesse Speltz Joins DHG Private Equity as National Business Development Executive
has joined DHG as a National Business
Development Executive for the firm's national Private Equity practice.
than 25 years of professional experience...
March 25, 2015Upcoming Arts and Entertainment (beginning April 1)
- Wednesday Night Concert Series
Listen to a free concert with the music of Hotel California from 7-9 p.m. April 1 Events Plaza at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin.
• April 8: Blues Brothers
• April 15: The Return
• April 22: Walt Wise
• April 29:...
March 24, 2015CPA Scott R. Karp Joins Yip Associates
- Yip Associates, a consulting firm with offices in
Miami, Boca Raton and New York specializing in forensic accounting, financial
investigations, litigation support, valuations, bankruptcy tax consulting,
bankruptcy consulting, receiverships and...
March 24, 2015Davis & Associates Offers International Tax & Consulting Services Department
- Davis & Associates Certified Public Accountants (www.JohnDavisCPA.com) is one of only a handful of CPA firms located in Southwest Florida with a designated international tax and consulting services department that specializes in U.S. taxation for...
March 23, 2015Business People
- The landscape architectural firm of Stewart-Washmuth & Co. Inc. has hired Ryan Sollars as a senior designer and project manager. Sollars graduated from the University of Florida in 1997 with a degree in landscape architecture and has 17 years of...
March 23, 2015Hires And Job Promotions For The Week Of March 23, 2015
De La Hoz, Perez & Barbeito, P.A., has named two new partners: Cristina Perez and David Barbeito. They were previously directors at the firm. Perez’s sub-specialty is international taxation. Barbeito is principal in charge of...