CPAs in the Spotlight
Your fellow colleagues are often recognized for providing innovative services to their clients; being a part of an amazing human-interest story; or for receiving honors, awards and other accolades. The links below direct you to articles about these exceptional CPAs.
If you have been recognized or have read about a fellow colleague, let us know. Please forward information to email@example.com. Please allow at least two business days for the article to be considered and possibly posted.
August 20, 2014James Grainger Joins Pribramsky & Company CPAs
- Islamorada: Pribramsky & Company CPAs announces
James D. Grainger has joined the firm as Director of Quality Control and
August 19, 2014James Moore Welcomes Eight New Hires
- James Moore, Certified Public
is pleased to
Stacy Dreher, Kathleen J
Samantha Lussier, Eileen
Maxwell, Daniel Roccanti, and Josh Van
Zandt to the...
August 18, 2014Moore Stephens Lovelace Announces Three Promotions in the Orlando Office
- Moore Stephens Lovelace (“MSL”), a regional certified public accounting and business advisory services firm, today announced several promotions within the company’s audit services team. Ehab Azer, CPA, has been promoted to Audit...
August 16, 2014Campaign Money Reveals Possible Factions in Port Orange
- A review of campaign finance reports for council candidates reveals potential factions in a city already divided in its day-to-day operations as well as a pair of possible violations by two candidates who say they are taking corrective action to...
August 15, 2014WellCare hiring Aetna executive as CFO
- WellCare Health Plans Inc. announced today that Andrew “Drew” Asher will join the company as senior vice president, effective Aug. 29. He is expected to be appointed as chief financial officer by the board of directors in November...
August 15, 2014Three Vie for District 4 School Board Seat
- Three candidates, all with education backgrounds, are competing to represent the Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor and Safety Harbor area on the Pinellas County School Board.
The candidates emerged quickly after board member Robin Wikle announced in...
August 15, 2014Tampa CPA's Book Makes Amazon's Best Sellers List
- TAMPA – When Bill Cummings enrolled at the University of South Florida, he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do with his life. He certainly never figured he'd be a best-selling author.
Back at USF he decided to major in finance because...
August 15, 2014CPA by Day, Drag Racer After Work
- ELMHURST, ILL. – Drag racing, says Bruce Jones, is like being shot out of a cannon. Jones, a CPA whose day job is a managing partner at Porte Brown in Elk Grove Village, says it's all about the adrenaline."I love drag racing because of the...
August 15, 2014Volusia Council's District 1 Race Is Crowded, Calm So Far
- The most crowded political race for a Volusia County Council seat this year is in District 1, the big west-side district that at last count was home to slightly more residents than any other. But this four-horse race in West Volusia has also been...
August 15, 2014New Stewart-Marchman-Act CEO Named
- DAYTONA BEACH – A veteran Stewart-Marchman-Act Behavioral Healthcare executive will take over as CEO effective Jan. 1. Ivan A. Cosimi II, 48, a certified public accountant, has served as chief financial officer since 1998 for the...
August 15, 2014Jimmy Messick Seeks Milton City Council
- An ancient Babylonian Jewish leader, Hiller the Elder said, "If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?" I have always declared I was not interested in political office and...
August 14, 2014Lynn Wilson, Polk County School Board District 6
- Lynn Wilson faces incumbent Debra Smith Wright for District 6 in his bid to win the four-year Polk County School Board seat that pays an annual salary of $40,135. A 57-year-old certified public accountant who is the director of finance for the...
August 14, 2014Santa Rosa County Commission District 4
- Santa Rosa County Commission District 4
Who can vote? Closed primary: All registered Republican voters in Santa Rosa County.
What’s next? The winner of the primary faces Libertarian Party candidate Etta Lawlor in the November general...
August 14, 2014Josh Harris joins Pharus Group
- PORT ST. LUCIE – Pharus Group LLC., an established business management advisory firm with headquarters in Port St. Lucie, is pleased to announce the addition of a new Director of Finance to address the increased demand created by the...
August 13, 2014Thomas Howell Ferguson Welcomes Bane and Ernst to the Audit Services Department in the Tampa Office
- Chris Bane Alfredo Ernst
TAMPA – Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., a professional accounting, assurance, and tax services firm located in Tampa, announces the addition of Chris Bane and Alfredo Ernst to the Audit Services team.
August 12, 2014MBAF Announces New Leadership of Tax and Accounting Department
- MIAMI – Nationally recognized public accounting firm Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLC ( MBAF ) has named Miguel Farra , CPA, JD, Chairman of the Tax and Accounting Department, overseeing the firm's nine offices. Emilio Escandon , CPA,...
August 12, 2014Kerkering Barberio Welcomes Five New Employees
- SARASOTA – Kerkering, Barberio & Co., Certified Public Accountants – is pleased to announce the addition
of five new staff members. Joining our International segment is Lucy Brenner who will be working as a
August 12, 2014Rodney Robinson Named President of Living Color Aquariums
- MIAMI – Living Color Aquariums, the industry leader in the design and manufacturing of high-end custom aquariums and themed environments, is proud to announce the appointment of Rodney Robinson to the position of President. Living Color...
August 06, 2014Lynn Wilson, School Board
- Currently, there are six candidates for Polk County School Board. Of the six, only Lynn Wilson has never worked as a teacher in the Polk County school system, and only Lynn Wilson has no ties to the Polk County School District, past or...
August 06, 2014Governor Reappoints Harris to Eastern Florida State College District Board
- Gov. Rick Scott announced the re-appointment of FICPA member Dewey
Harris to the Eastern Florida State College District Board of
Trustees. Harris, of Merritt Island, is a CPA with Harris Miller &
Berhardt PA. He is re-appointed for a term...
August 06, 2014Kunin Associates Announces Merger With Atlantic Partners
- Kunin Associates is pleased to announce its merger with Atlantic Partners one of the nation's leading IT staffing firms. Kunin Associates has been a leader in the accounting and finance placement arena in South Florida for more than 20 years. The...
August 04, 2014UNITE Award Applications Open
- The application process for the 2015 UNITE (Uniting Nonprofits In Teaming for Excellence) Award is now open and will close on Sept. 30, 2014.
Established by Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA and supported by the Southwest Florida Community...
August 04, 2014Alter Appointed to Foundation for Seminole State College Board
- Kurt Alter, CPA
Kurt Alter, CPA, and Shareholder at Moore Stephens Lovelace ("MSL"), a
regional certified public accounting and business advisory services firm, has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Foundation for Seminole State...
August 03, 2014Newsmaker Q&A With Steve Brettholtz
- Founded in 1979, Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA serves clients by performing accounting and auditing, tax preparation, bookkeeping and consulting services for timeshares, nonprofit organizations, condominium and homeowner associations and...
August 01, 2014The Laclede Group Elects Maria Fogarty to Its Board of Directors
- Today The Laclede Group, Inc.'s (NYSE: LG) board of directors voted to increase the size of the board from nine to 10, and elected energy industry veteran Maria Fogarty as its newest member effective August 1, 2014.
Fogarty, 55, served as senior...